(Topic ID: 190972)

New Pinball manufactures: Assemble in CHINA!!!

By wantdataeast

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 243 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Miranda-Ker (resized).jpeg
    027_zps1b02acbd (resized).jpg
    baby-working-on-car (resized).png
    Johnny-Cab (resized).jpg
    isis (resized).jpg
    _DSC0275 (resized).jpg
    -Stainless-Steel-Balls (resized).jpg
    brazil08 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    Dumpster (resized).png
    images (resized).png
    ungqji6w4bkx (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago

Is there any way we can use coal to make a pinball machine cheaper?

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

If so vid... another reason to produce Pins in China. China is building a new coal power plant each week to power factories to build iDevices so that Eco-Warriors worldwide can feel better about not building coal plants in their own countries, while they simultaneously lecturing the world on the evils of Chinese production.

You do know that China CANCELLED 103 new coal plants this year, right?

Even though many of these plants were already under construction, this was to allow China to meet it's announced coal reducing goal by 2020.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

In some countries a woman's only other marketable skill is prostitution. Which profession do you think she is going to feel exploited in?

My sister; she is prostitute.

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

We typically only hear about the sensational, isolated incidents in the media, since they make for good clickbait headlines.

Exactly.

Those stories are for old people watching Faux News all day long.

"UBER??? You can't use that!! Don't you know a guy got murdered by an Uber driver!"

(as if normal taxi drivers don't kill a dozen people every day)

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think I heard one story of an uber driver attacking a passenger (and technically I think it was someone posing as one, not an actual drive).

That's what I mean.

Taxi drivers attack people every day. Taxi drivers get assaulted ever day.

It's only a **headline story** because it involves Uber.

-

100% True Story-

Old Woman: How did you meet your wife?

Dave: On the internet...

OW: Oh my gosh! Don't you know there are crazies on the internet?????

D: How did you meet your husband, rest his soul ?

OW: We met at a bar, across from where we both worked.

D: Yeah, certainly no **crazies** at a bar.

OW: Of course not.

#119 6 years ago

Back in the 70s, all everyone bitched about was how Robots were going to take everyone's jobs.

All the musicians bitched about was how Synthesizers were going to take their jobs.

50 years latter, Robots do sucky jobs like spot welding or spray painting, and Synthesizers have allowed new genres of music.

50 years latter, you can still work on the factory floor, go see an orchestra, go see an EDM festival, or see Eric Clapton struggle to play the only scale he knows.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I think automation is starting to get to the tipping point where it will seriously impact low-skill jobs.

So, send your kids to trade school.

Send them to learn robotics repair.

Sexbots are poised to displace sex-workers around the world

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Drones delivering pizzas, small parcels and books? Nope, too many issues - pedestrians, kites, insects, birds, kids - not to mention bad weather, hoons taking pot shots at them with slingshots/rocks/slug guns etc. I just can't see drones doing city deliveries anytime soon. Possibly is less built up areas but then it kind of defeats the purpose.

Drones already deliver food and drinks in in Reno NV, a city with a quarter of a million people. Apparently 77 deliveries the first day alone.

In American cities, people are really trying to shoot people; rather than drones.

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Who will pay when automated vehicles cause damage or injury?

You will, through your reduced auto insurance rates.

>> Googles Self Driving Cars have logged 2,000,000 miles with only a single accident that was the car's fault. <<

^ Read the above again, if it did not sink in ^

In the same time period, there have been 13 accidents that OTHER cars have had with Google cars (obviously not the car's fault).

I can't drive 30,000 miles on average, without some broad on her phone crashing into me; so obviously the Google cars are better at accident avoidance than I am.....

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

I do not want a pinball made in china

There are 6,900 pinball titles in the world.

You can choose your country of origin; USA, Spain, UK, Brazil......

brazil08 (resized).jpgbrazil08 (resized).jpg

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

How about roadworks that are random and just "spring up" - something that isn't in any database.

Google Maps usually adds new roads 2 weeks after they are opened.

You can manually add roads and they usually go live 3 days once approved.

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

However, you guys are all delusional if you think self driving cars won't be prevalent in even the next 15 years or less

Way less.

Everyone who buys a $36,000 Tesla 3 is going to be creaming their jeans to show off how the car comes and finds you at the door of the mall

All other cars are going to seem like Model Ts when you have to run through the parking lot in the rain to find your car.

There is a reason that Tesla is worth more than GM........and the Model 3 might well be the iPhone of autos.

https://www.tesla.com/autopilot

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

For people who just want an appliance on wheels, Toyota has you covered.

Exactly.

Ever since ISIS got it's Toyoda endorsement, they have driven nothing else.

isis (resized).jpgisis (resized).jpg

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Are these cars going to be able to read and act on random speed limit signs or they just going to be acting on banks of data that have been programmed into their brains?

Remember when the AAA Tripticks had the red lines **area of strict or unfair traffic speed enforcement** ?

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And it's up to the driver to ignore those lights that come on the dash when there is a system failure. I wonder what kind of warning you'll get when there is a driverless system failure. Especially on one with high mileage.

When the trans was failing on my car, I needed to go 10 more miles to get home on a Saturday night.

The screen said "Transmission failure, seek service immediately, do not operate vehicle"

I hit OK to continue anyway and the car said "Limiting in Place" (or something like that) and it let me crawl home at 20mph max.

-

So I'm sure the self-driving cars will lock operation if there is some catastrophic failure, just like my current car would not let me destroy my transmission.

#228 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Your car could go out and be an Uber while you're at work.

"Please note also that using a self-driving Tesla for car sharing and ride hailing for friends and family is fine, but doing so for revenue purposes will only be permissible on the Tesla Network"

https://www.tesla.com/autopilot

#232 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't know what happened to the buggy whip makers; Maybe they went to work building Model "T"s. Maybe they died off.

Naw, they just found a more discriminating clientele

Miranda-Ker (resized).jpegMiranda-Ker (resized).jpeg

#238 6 years ago

Single cylinder?

#241 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Still has suspension... Still has joints... Still has everything in an interior.. still has wiring (and more of it)... still has HVAC.. still has a ton more sensors, measurements, etc. Sensors and controllers are subject to harsh environments and hence high risk for damage/failure.

Still there is less of stuff.

The Tesla Model X just got rated the safest SUV ever by the NHTSA.

That's amazing for a new model, from a new company, to outshine all the other car companies with decades (centuries?) more experience :

http://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2017/06/14/tesla-model-x-safety-rating.cnn/video/playlists/stories-worth-watching/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-manufactures-assemble-in-china?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.