(Topic ID: 190972)

New Pinball manufactures: Assemble in CHINA!!!

By wantdataeast

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 243 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Miranda-Ker (resized).jpeg
    027_zps1b02acbd (resized).jpg
    baby-working-on-car (resized).png
    Johnny-Cab (resized).jpg
    isis (resized).jpg
    _DSC0275 (resized).jpg
    -Stainless-Steel-Balls (resized).jpg
    brazil08 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    Dumpster (resized).png
    images (resized).png
    ungqji6w4bkx (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

A note about 'child labour' since it has come up a couple of times.
    My contract with ITV to produce Thunderbirds pinball machines specifically states that I am not, under any circumstances, to employ child labour myself OR allow ANY subcontractor to use child labour.
    This is actually pretty easy in China as nobody is allowed to employ a person under 16 years of age. The inspectors are here almost monthly checking the wages books and ID of every staff member, not only looking for this but also to make sure they are being paid their correct wages and entitlements and that my workers compo and other insurances are paid and all in order.
    The inspectors are always perplexed when they come here because Homepin wages and perks are WAY above the standard workers remuneration. They put it down to me being an easy touch, foreign boss. I think paying well and offering free accommodation including water, gas and electricity keeps my workers happier and that's probably why the staff turnover at Homepin is very low.

"Free accommodations?" Spare us the euphemisms. Call it what it is... slave prisons. And we all know how the "inspectors" aka big boss' bag men are concerned about human rights. ChiComs can go straight to hell as far as I am concerned. In fact, I think they can just stay there and don't really need to go anywhere.

What does one of your "workers" make in USD for a day's work? And how many hours is a day's work? And how many day's work are in a week? pfffftttt.

Now you can tell us how happy your workers are because they were driven off their property in the country so they could move to the slave cities. They're happy alright.. happy they weren't murdered and dumped in a mass grave on the property where they were born.

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Good grief....
    Various companies in silicon valley (and other tech-centric areas up and down the west coast) offer accommodations for their employees as a perk.

Do they also provide suicide nets and store credit for everything you need in your 6' x 8' shared bunk cell?

#81 6 years ago

I think the same thing about "Made in China" that I thought about "Made in Japan" in the early 70's. Slave trash!

And the raw material import restrictions are an unfair trade practice that will be remedied very shortly.

Yes I buy Chinese garbage. I would rather not, but when the globalists hand manufacturing to the most efficient slaver, I don't really have much choice. A conscious decision to destroy US manufacturing in favor of our trade frenemies was made in the 60s. I'm sorry so many of you have unknowingly or unwillingly participated in your own economic destruction.

When Homepin gets to the point of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, Jack Ma will start selling bootleg pinball machines out the backdoor of the homepin factory. And Homepin will have NOTHING to say about it. Thanks, suckers!

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I believe most of the debate in this thread is caused by poor education.

Quoted from wantdataeast:

The reality is that in many countries women have little power and factory work is blessing to them. In some countries a woman's only other marketable skill is prostitution. Which profession do you think she is going to feel exploited in? A factory job that she decided she wanted to do, or prostitution that she was forced in to? We are talking about real people making employment decision that feed their children.
    It would be nice if people who were so concerned with exploitation would consider the consequence of the "help" they were trying to force on people who never asked them for that help.

It would be nice if we could have a discussion free of false dichotomies and other logical fallacies.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

We typically only hear about the sensational, isolated incidents in the media, since they make for good clickbait headlines. We rarely hear about the businesses and factories that are run well by people just trying to make an honest living, since that isn't terribly exciting to report on.

Communists NEVER make an honest living.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

I would say this might be a concern to Homepin if they were manufacturing fidget spinners. Personally I do not see a booming market in bootleg pinball machines.

Take a look at all the bootleg video arcade games and PCB's on ali-express:

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-video-arcade-machine.html?site=glo&g=y&SortType=price_desc&SearchText=video+arcade+machine&groupsort=1&initiative_id=SB_20170612074944&needQuery=n

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

...I once read somewhere that years ago, Gottlieb outsourced its wire harness work to some Indian reservations in North Dakota or some other nearby state. Nowadays, most of the auto makers wiring work goes to Mexico. Why couldn't the car makers send their wiring work to the reservations instead of out side the country?

Government intervention in free markets?

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

"...the key thing that Hayek grasped that many modern advocates of laissez faire don't is that government regulation of markets is not the same thing and not even close to being the same thing as full-on central economic planning.
    In fact, I'd go even further and argue that the existence of a free market where individuals can freely pursue their economic desires and enjoy the fruits of their labor is a product of freedoms secured through government regulation. A free market isn't something that just magically appears out of nothing. It is a complex system born out of the context of a whole framework of legal, social, and political conventions that allow for the development of individuals who are capable of making the discerning economic and social decisions required for the functioning of a free market.
    Beyond the basic freedoms of the night-watchman state — secure property rights, freedom from coercive violence, freedom of movement, freedom of association — a genuinely free market requires regulation to secure other freedoms as well, like the freedom from being tricked by misleading advertising or from being poisoned by dangerous chemicals. I would also suggest that the following are equally important to the creation of a free and healthy marketplace: freedom from starvation; freedom from dying from easily curable diseases; freedom from environmental degradation caused by pollution; and the freedom to develop yourself as a person through education. After all, it is no coincidence that the market economy only really began to develop when the modern democratic state did too."
    http://theweek.com/articles/446954/free-markets-need-more-regulation-than-think

Rooster taking credit for the sunrise. Business thrives despite government, not because of it. With debt absolution provided by the government-authorized bankruptcy and business entity personal protections, of course further regulation becomes necessary. Creating legal structure for hurdles to market entry and other market protections, government reduces productivity and in fact, makes us all poorer.... unless, of course, your business has paid off a rule maker or is a chosen winner in a government-skewed market.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

..Now if the people working crazy hours are doing it out of passion that's one thing but often that isn't the case for the typical worker...

One must first remove the jail bars from one's mind before removing the jail bars from one's cubicle.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

People will expect perfection if they are expected to give up control.

Who will pay when automated vehicles cause damage or injury?

#176 6 years ago

Self-driving cars are no good because they are also self-stopping cars. Imagine being in a large radius no-go zone during a surprise riot and finding your car is shut down. Or maybe you have a financial dispute and the bank shuts your car down. I can imagine thousands of reasons I do not want a car to give me permission to go places in it. This applies to paying with plastic as well. It's great until you get hacked and have to spend 15 minutes on the phone to buy gas. AI just isn't that intelligent. If you drove through a bug swarm at high speed and splattered your sensors, would the electronic controller stick it's head out the window to see? There are thousands of scenarios where human common sense survives and AI fails. Just like the other way around.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Shady auto lenders already have that ability
    » YouTube video

I prefer using a credit card over debit, discover has incredible heuristics to detect fraudulent spending (and I get a text anytime I spend over $20, or anyone else for that matter). Is it a pain in the ass to move auto billing over to the new credit card? Absolutely. Until banks start adapting smarter technology, we are all at risk (and no, the chips embedded in them don't do crap):
    » YouTube video

No, it would likely slow down and perhaps stop until the camera was cleared. On my wife's mazda cx-5 it has a camera sticking straight out of the windshield (For auto cruise control), and if it so much as gets fogged up, the instrument dash tells you to adjust your interior settings until it clears up

It would be great if the car just jacked the brakes so you could be run over from behind. This is the exact scenario I'm talking about. When the choice is speed up, slow down or swerve, I'd trust my own instantaneous judgment over any AI... especially with traction control and stability control. I know a lot of people are very trusting of automotive technology. As a lifetime member of the Society of Automotive Engineers, I can assure you that that trust is misplaced. Electronic/Mechanical systems have problems all the time. The idea that technology is better than human judgment in anomalous situations is ridiculous. I'm sure autopilot is better 99.9% of the time. It's that rare 0.1% of situations that cause my distrust.

#188 6 years ago

Autonomous cars will be banned from traditional roadways by 2025. There will be a big push to convert traditional roadways into smart roadways where human-driven cars will be forbidden. The unforeseen problems of a shared roadway will become an insurmountable obstacle to a peaceful coexistence of both driven and driverless automobiles.

The perception that computer programs will be responsible for road deaths will be the motivation for "luddites" to win the perception wars. It's just that at-fault driverless cars will be a very easy target to pull on heartstrings, even if they are much less often at fault.

The faith that technophiles have in silicon and iron is laughable. The stuff works great in a laboratory environment and works terribly in the real world. For example, what is the calculus when a child runs in the road.. and how is that different if a dog or deer runs in the road? There are tons of questions regarding the algorithms and the companies developing the technology considers these questions trade secrets. Does anyone remember talking cars? Some technology is interesting, but impractical. The idea of Total Recall ubers running around everywhere is fantasy. I'm happy to entertain disagreements.

#196 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

All I can say is "prepare to be amazed".

25year membership in SAE and I have not once been amazed a single time by technological change. I am amazed by tech neophytes' faith in the 21st century religion know as technophillia.

I'm not alone: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-15/autonomous-cars-biggest-roadblock-are-drivers-afraid-to-let-go

#233 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Hahahaha. Do you understand that traction control and stability control IS A.I. Whenever the traction control kicks in; it is your car saving you from doing something wrong.

I think we have a different definition of AI. Following a control algorithm based on 4-6 inputs may seem complicated, but it hardly fits any commonly held definition of the words. AI is when the program is driven to make conclusions outside its pre-planned constraints. This is where it all breaks down. I've not seen a successful AI implementation in any industry by this standard.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-manufactures-assemble-in-china?tu=sadsack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.