(Topic ID: 190972)

New Pinball manufactures: Assemble in CHINA!!!

By wantdataeast

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 243 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Miranda-Ker (resized).jpeg
    027_zps1b02acbd (resized).jpg
    baby-working-on-car (resized).png
    Johnny-Cab (resized).jpg
    isis (resized).jpg
    _DSC0275 (resized).jpg
    -Stainless-Steel-Balls (resized).jpg
    brazil08 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    Dumpster (resized).png
    images (resized).png
    ungqji6w4bkx (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 6 years ago

I miss the good old days when everything was...

images (resized).pngimages (resized).png

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Back in the 70s, all everyone bitched about was how Robots were going to take everyone's jobs.

And when this guy sat down in front of you at a movie theater.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

I do not want a pinball made in china

Tough luck!

-Stainless-Steel-Balls (resized).jpg-Stainless-Steel-Balls (resized).jpg

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

For people who just want an appliance on wheels, Toyota has you covered.

I totally agree.

_DSC0275 (resized).jpg_DSC0275 (resized).jpg

#197 6 years ago

I don't want a driver less car. I want a Johnny-Cab!

Johnny-Cab (resized).jpgJohnny-Cab (resized).jpg

#201 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Child labor sounds good to me.

Indeed.

baby-working-on-car (resized).pngbaby-working-on-car (resized).png

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

The idea of a self driving car scares the shit out of me.

Well, they'll probably get rid of the steering column before that and soon you will be steering by wire.

The mishaps that are sure to follow should get you all primed up for when the driver itself is eliminated.

#207 6 years ago

Just like any other computer tech, it can be hacked. The actual driver less system may be solid, but it will also be linked to satellites and what not. Just wait until those hooligans with nothing better to do start hacking in on them, and then lets see what happens.

#213 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Hahahaha. Do you understand that traction control and stability control IS A.I. Whenever the traction control kicks in; it is your car saving you from doing something wrong. It's not a very intelligent system, but it can already control the car in an emergency situation better then you can....and you trust it to work properly.
    I'm just sayin.

And it's up to the driver to ignore those lights that come on the dash when there is a system failure. I wonder what kind of warning you'll get when there is a driverless system failure. Especially on one with high mileage.

It looks good on paper, but people do not maintain their vehicles like they should and drive them for 100s of 1000s of miles until the wheels literally fall off

027_zps1b02acbd (resized).jpg027_zps1b02acbd (resized).jpg

#215 6 years ago

They've got tire sensors now too that would probably detect a blowout, however most cars that come in have that light on the dash even though the tires are full of air. The system fails more often than it detects a failure.

#218 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I have a low tire light on for over a year now. You could go broke replacing sensors.

Aprox 50% of the cars that come in my shop, new and old have that light on. Like I said they fail more than they detect failure and now they think it's OK to go with the driverless idea. What a joke.

If they can't make the safety features that are already on a car bulletproof, then maybe they are not ready.

#221 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

You'll buy a car with a full warranty package and the car will drive it's self to the garage while you're at work. Scheduled maintenance will happen automatically at your convenience

It'll still end up being serviced by an underpaid, under experienced, and under educated mechanic that's not getting paid to check your tires, air filter, or brakes. Just like most dealerships have working there now.

#222 6 years ago

To add to that, the greedy auto industry has made it less and less appealing for those with the ability to properly diagnose and repair automobiles to stay in or get into the business. So the workforce becomes more comprised of ex cons, the not too bright, and some with serious mental issues.

Those are who will be making sure these driver less cars are safe while daydreaming about places they would rather be, and things they would rather do.

#225 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

By comparison, electric is super simple.

Maybe, but the car itself still has a rolling chassis with parts that can wear out. Things you can sometimes feel while holding the steering wheel and driving. Without any more driver input, it will be up to the car to decide when a tie rod end, ball joint, or other suspension part is ready to fail.

At least if a wheel falls off while I'm driving (which one has) I can make a split decision what to do and hang onto that wheel for dear life. Not sure what kind of programming they can give a driver less vehicle for those kinds of situations or situations where the car detects a failure that didn't really happen. That's my biggest concern. Just like when an air bag deploys before the accident.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-manufactures-assemble-in-china?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.