(Topic ID: 190972)

New Pinball manufactures: Assemble in CHINA!!!

By wantdataeast

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 243 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Miranda-Ker (resized).jpeg
    027_zps1b02acbd (resized).jpg
    baby-working-on-car (resized).png
    Johnny-Cab (resized).jpg
    isis (resized).jpg
    _DSC0275 (resized).jpg
    -Stainless-Steel-Balls (resized).jpg
    brazil08 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    Dumpster (resized).png
    images (resized).png
    ungqji6w4bkx (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

I'd be surprised if stern didn't order parts and sub-assemblies from china. They just put it all together in the USA, they don't actually make every part in the USA.

#80 6 years ago

My best friend has lived in Guangzhou for 5 or 6 years teaching English, his apartment is paid for, and he makes good wages. Not amazing by Canadian standards, but he lives well in china and can afford to travel the Far East and come home regularly. China is not the same country as it was 20 years ago, sure their are the occasional horror storied, but things are getting better. They're able to produce quality products as well as any other nation.

(Just think how many people died building Hoover dam, those building practices would never fly anymore, and those poor conditions paved the way for the better laws of today.) china isn't as bad as the average American thinks.

I believe most of the debate in this thread is caused by poor education.

#140 6 years ago

The biggest problem with self driving cars gets to the crux of this debate. When an autonomous car sees an obstacle on the road it has no idea if the obstacle is a brick that should be swerved around or is it Big Mac container that you can just smash through. Humans have critical thinking abilities that computers just don't "get" yet. With machine learning algorithms the computers are getting better at figuring out the world around them and soon will be able to become as skilled as humans in A LOT of jobs. I foresee a future where all cars will be electric and autonomous, gas stations will be few and far between. New jobs will be created, ones that we haven't even thought of yet. Currently kids can leave high school with careers in YouTube or online gaming. I don't understand it, but there's definitely a market for it with the younger generations. Remember, evolution is inevitable your ability to change is not. The world is changing around us at an ever increasing rate and we must keep up.

Move production to china? Hell, in twenty years we might be debating moving production to Africa or some other area of the world that is beginning to prosper in this new Information Age.

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

I'd trust my own instantaneous judgment over any AI... especially with traction control and stability control.

Hahahaha. Do you understand that traction control and stability control IS A.I. Whenever the traction control kicks in; it is your car saving you from doing something wrong. It's not a very intelligent system, but it can already control the car in an emergency situation better then you can....and you trust it to work properly.

I'm just sayin.

Manual gas driven

Quoted from SadSack:cars will be banned from traditional roadways by 2025.
    Gas stations will be few and far between, every vehicle will be electric. The only place to drive a classic car will be in a closed environment, like a track day for amateurs.

#219 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It looks good on paper, but people do not maintain their vehicles like they should and drive them for 100s of 1000s of miles until the wheels literally fall off

This won't be a problem with fully autonomous vehicles. You'll buy a car with a full warranty package and the car will drive it's self to the garage while you're at work. Scheduled maintenance will happen automatically at your convenience

#226 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

For gas cars, yes. So many sensors (which false diagnose), so many moving parts that can fail. It's my understanding that Tesla is effectively a brushless motor, controlled by a speed controller (like a hobby R/C car might have, just a ton more amps), paired up to a gearbox (single gear, no transmission because electric motors have huge amounts of torque), and there's a giant bank of batteries underneath.

I heard that the Tesla model S has 18 moving parts, although it's probably a pretty loose definition of "moving parts" (is a steering rack one part? Suspension? Window motor?) but there's no doubt the entire car has less moving parts then an internal combustion engine. Also the regeneration from breaking would reduce wear and tear on the break pads. I believe that it's done with magnetic induction and could virtually stop the car without a lot of mechanical force

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-manufactures-assemble-in-china?tu=luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.