(Topic ID: 190972)

New Pinball manufactures: Assemble in CHINA!!!

By wantdataeast

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 243 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Miranda-Ker (resized).jpeg
    027_zps1b02acbd (resized).jpg
    baby-working-on-car (resized).png
    Johnny-Cab (resized).jpg
    isis (resized).jpg
    _DSC0275 (resized).jpg
    -Stainless-Steel-Balls (resized).jpg
    brazil08 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    Dumpster (resized).png
    images (resized).png
    ungqji6w4bkx (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

Sending manufacturing jobs to China or anywhere else is almost always an attempt to increase profits for shareholders, not decrease prices.

Privately held pinball manufacturers have no such pressure, thankfully. But they would still rather increase profits than lower prices I'm sure, when people are willing to pay the current prices!

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Same as on the road, other drivers are too erratic, don't follow the road rules in a lot of cases and are simply too unpredictable and this is what self driving cars rely on - predictability. I also see them easily being fooled by advertising signs etc and "thinking" the lights are red, or green thus causing confusion and possibly accidents. I don't believe this can be overcome with any amount of 'smarts', programming or sensors - just no!

You believe wrong. With sensors 360 degrees around the vehicle and reaction times a hundred times better than a human's, dealing with erratic drivers is where self-driving technology shines. With pinpoint GPS and a database of where lights are, confusion from advertising would be nonexistent. Plus they are never impaired by alcohol or other drugs or even just tired. They'd always obey the speed limit, always signal, never be in a hurry or suffer road rage...

If I had a choice, I'd pick an Auto-Uber every time.

#217 6 years ago

I'd rather deal with false positives than false negatives.

If my wife had been in a self-driving car on February 25 2010, or the semi had been self driving for that matter, I wouldn't be a widower. Of course that wasn't an option then or even now, really, but that's beside the point.

Stupid human errors cause way more wrecks than hypothetical sensor miscues ever would.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-manufactures-assemble-in-china?tu=danqverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.