(Topic ID: 65920)

New pinball manufacturer...Glow-in-the-dark Pinballs!

By BSavage

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bjorg
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

globallsTeeONBLACK.jpg
Back-of-packaging.jpg
front-of-packaging.jpg
image-34.jpg
GIDball.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Those that have either like it for the different way it plays (goatdan, myself) or don't because they think it's slow (BR) or too bouncy or too random. I could try and interpret what BR meant with his comment but I'm sure he can speak for himself. (Personally I do not think it is slow at all with the Glos and in fact can be too fast at times.)

The key with the original Glo-Balls, and I'm curious to see how these hold up, is that after about 25-50 plays, the balls start getting the rubber attached to them, and they start bouncing instead of actually rolling places. Once that happens, there is no denying - the game SUCKS. If you can make it so this doesn't happen and make it so that the game uses the 'metal ball' settings, it's ridiculously fast.

They will not play *anything* like what normal balls will play like. VND was designed specifically for this. I don't know how many other games I'd personally stick them in, but for VND it's *perfect*.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So he will sell maybe 20 -30 sets? Not many people own this game - he's gonna be shooting for a pretty small market. Hey I made a pinball pun

Considering people were paying more than $100 / ball on VND balls before, I would be surprised if he doesn't sell quite a bit more than that. Hell, I'm in for a set or two depending on the price because without them, VND is a ticking time bomb - once one of the balls goes, it's insane to find them again - so this will more or less future proof me for that.

And making them actually glow means that they will do what was originally intended.

Besides that, there are a LOT of people who like moding their pins with stuff like this, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in lots of different games quickly. Personally, I think that RFM is another definite candidate.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

The balls do make a slightly different sound.

It sounds like VND sound versus regular ol' sound, really. Dang Hilton, when you were here, how in the heck did I let you leave without playing VND?!

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from BSavage:

We have decided on the pricing:
The balls come in sets of 4. Please see the above packaging.
The GID balls are $60 per set.

For anyone with a VND, this is one heck of a price.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you explain the difference or show side by side pic? Florescent color glows in the dark, as does GID, so not sure how these two would be different.

Look at the balls in the Vnd video earlier. The original globall is Flourescent and it doesn't react or global well, the new ones react and glow. Flourescent colors are more visible, but they do not actually glow in the dark.

The glow balls will work perfectly for Vnd, the others will be good for any other game you want to do something like this with. No other game is made for glowing balls.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

it doesn't react or global well,

You know I'm replying on my cell phone when it replaces "glow" with "global".

Can't wait to get my set from my friend who is picking them up! Gotta reconstruct VND now...

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

clock chaos 2014???

I used it before in the main tournament actually, and it got a lot of surprisingly good feedback from players...

Maybe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-manufacturerglow-in-the-dark-pinballs?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.