(Topic ID: 65920)

New pinball manufacturer...Glow-in-the-dark Pinballs!

By BSavage

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bjorg
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

globallsTeeONBLACK.jpg
Back-of-packaging.jpg
front-of-packaging.jpg
image-34.jpg
GIDball.jpg
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

GID = glow in the dark.

viperrwk

#102 10 years ago

Ah I see...*slaps forehead*.

Thanks.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

So, you couldn't offer say 40 sets here, right now and sell the rest at EXPO? They would sell just as quick here as they would at EXPO surely?

I'm sure he wants to show off all the colors at Expo, rather than sell out in 10 minutes and have nothing to show for 2 days.

Let alone it's much easier to sell in person than to have to box, label and ship 40 boxes.....

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you explain the difference or show side by side pic? Florescent color glows in the dark, as does GID, so not sure how these two would be different.

The Fluorescent Colors don't glow in the dark, that would be the GID balls.

They are Fluorescent in the fact they are a brilliant "Fluorescent" Color not that they Glow - like the new 2 new styles of Flipper Rubbers that were released recently all have very bright & brilliant Fluorescent Colors (IMHO).

Merriam-Webster definition:
1: Having or relating to fluorescence
2: Bright and glowing as a result of fluorescence <fluorescent inks>; broadly : very bright in color

Pin - K

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

#105 10 years ago

Will you guys be taking Credit cards or is this A Cash/Check thing?

Need to plan ahead

#106 10 years ago

I'm sure they will want to take an out of state check

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from BSavage:

We tried the red but it looked so close to the orange, there was no need for it. If it goes the other way, it starts to look pink.

aww, i wondered if that was the case. the orange looks nice for comet, but i'd like something darker for Fire! still....cool products, can't wait to see where you go with this in the next few years!

#108 10 years ago

Can you explain the difference or show side by side pic? Florescent color glows in the dark, as does GID, so not sure how these two would be different.

Look at the balls in the Vnd video earlier. The original globall is Flourescent and it doesn't react or global well, the new ones react and glow. Flourescent colors are more visible, but they do not actually glow in the dark.

The glow balls will work perfectly for Vnd, the others will be good for any other game you want to do something like this with. No other game is made for glowing balls.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Will you guys be taking Credit cards or is this A Cash/Check thing?
Need to plan ahead

Credit Cards, Visa, MC, Disc, Cash, Travelers Checks, no personal or company checks.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

Can you offer a mixed color 4 Pack? Or better yet sell them separately as I would like to buy 5. One of each color.

Not this weekend but we are looking into this for the online sales. This is why we are at the show and posting here, to get feedback.

Thanks!

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

it doesn't react or global well,

You know I'm replying on my cell phone when it replaces "glow" with "global".

Can't wait to get my set from my friend who is picking them up! Gotta reconstruct VND now...

#112 10 years ago

Looking forward to meeting you and buying a set.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

You know I'm replying on my cell phone when it replaces "glow" with "global".
Can't wait to get my set from my friend who is picking them up! Gotta reconstruct VND now...

clock chaos 2014???

#114 10 years ago

So what's the verdict on these from players at expo? Video of them in action would be great.

#115 10 years ago

So glad I didn't do the pop bumper light conversion on my CFTBL yet. Glow balls will look great up in the dark area!
Can't wait to order a set!

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

clock chaos 2014???

I used it before in the main tournament actually, and it got a lot of surprisingly good feedback from players...

Maybe.

#117 10 years ago

I picked up a set of the glo-balls for a VND from Brian yesterday. They have a much better effect than the original Glo balls that came in the game. Great product!

#118 10 years ago

I saw some footage from Jared's live stream. The fluorescent colors look good. I couldn't really tell how well the glo's worked in the game. Looking forward to getting some one day.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Look at the balls in the Vnd video earlier. The original globall is Flourescent and it doesn't react or global well, the new ones react and glow. Flourescent colors are more visible, but they do not actually glow in the dark.
The glow balls will work perfectly for Vnd, the others will be good for any other game you want to do something like this with. No other game is made for glowing balls.

If you have black lighting in your room and were going to try these colored balls, then choosing the GID would be a viable option regardless of what game you put it in. In, other words you wouldn't be limited to using GID for VND.

#120 10 years ago

If you have black lighting in your room and were going to try these colored balls, then choosing the GID would be a viable option regardless of what game you put it in. In, other words you wouldn't be limited to using GID for VND.

Yes but GID anything works better when a light is constantly shining on them.....I know he talked about having some kind of MOD where a light shines on the ball(s) in the trough...thus releasing the ball into the game at full GID capacity!! I'm sure they will still glow but not as bright as intended.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm sure they will want to take an out of state check

Totally off topic, but I enjoy vid1900's comments the most on here. Straight, to the point, and logical.

#122 10 years ago

There are blue glo balls in the white water at expo.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I'm sure they will still glow but not as bright as intended.

And your correct and that is why you would want to add UV LEDs and strips to your game to help create the overall glowing effect.

Example I thought the glo ball or a blue ball would be great for BSD but the monster green had the best overall effect in my thoughts but that is my personal taste.

The best thing about mods you do what you like and make it your own.

#124 10 years ago

Did I miss this question?......would it be a suitable replacement for powerball in TZ? Being it is lighter, would behave the same...but the sensors?.....thanks....mark

#125 10 years ago

Looking forward to picking up a set of these. When can I?

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Did I miss this question?......would it be a suitable replacement for powerball in TZ? Being it is lighter, would behave the same...but the sensors?.....thanks....mark

doubt it would work in TZ. these are steel balls with a coating, so they would be magnet affected.

#127 10 years ago

So I played the Viper ND with the glow balls at Expo, and one thing that I did notice is once the balls pick up a little dirt it's really easy to see the seam around the circumference of the ball. Just an FYI.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So I played the Viper ND with the glow balls at Expo, and one thing that I did notice is once the balls pick up a little dirt it's really easy to see the seam around the circumference of the ball. Just an FYI.

Makes me wonder how many games had been played on them by the time you got to it. So the question is are they like this:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Quoted from goatdan:

The key with the original Glo-Balls, and I'm curious to see how these hold up, is that after about 25-50 plays, the balls start getting the rubber attached to them, and they start bouncing instead of actually rolling places. Once that happens, there is no denying - the game SUCKS. If you can make it so this doesn't happen and make it so that the game uses the 'metal ball' settings, it's ridiculously fast.

Or perhaps the machine needed a good shop...

viperrwk

4 months later
#129 10 years ago

Any update on the availability of these? I apologize if I missed it somewhere.

1 month later
#130 10 years ago

When will these be available for sale?!?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-manufacturerglow-in-the-dark-pinballs/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.