New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 95519)

New pinball machine...Pinball Gremlins

By Rockytop

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dantebean
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

200_s[1].gif
    image-810.jpg

#2 6 years ago

$6500 for regular edition, Vonnie D big announcement

#5 6 years ago

I stated this in another Vonnie D thread. Keep this positive. Very cool things can happen if the community gives pats on the back.

#6 6 years ago

Why not spend "10s of thousands" building a working machine people can see?

#7 6 years ago

I hate kick starter crap. Fund your own company.

#8 6 years ago

I applaud their effort. However if you want to get $100K from people, don't spend 5 minutes staring beside the camera at the huge text board. Learn your scripts, make cuts in between and show where you are now. Put some spike into it. I had a hard time watching both of these guys talking because it didn't feel authentic nor was it motivational.

#9 6 years ago

LE
    Extra LE
    Ultra Rare LE

Man these guys are stepping it up!

/sarcasm

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

if you want to get $100K from people, don't spend 5 minutes staring beside the camera at the huge text board. show where you are now

Yea I wish them all the luck in the world, but $100k kickstarter for basically talking about a design that was imagined in visual pinball and then printed out full scale on paper does not bode well. If it were wrath of olympus (who has a fully working prototype) I could see it get funded. We're really not sure if they have the means to build a pinball machine other than saying they have vendors. Even if you're able to source all the parts, what are your plans for manufacturing? What's your timeline? What's your payment schedule? If they were on shark tank, they would get grilled
    200_s[1].gif

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I applaud their effort. However if you want to get $100K from people, don't spend 5 minutes staring beside the camera at the huge text board. Learn your scripts, make cuts in between and show where you are now. Put some spike into it. I had a hard time watching both of these guys talking because it didn't feel authentic nor was it motivational.

Agreed, this is how you do a kick-start;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/technicalillusions/castar-the-most-versatile-ar-and-vr-system?ref=nav_search

#12 6 years ago

I'm not funding until they announce a 'super extra ultra rare extremely limited edition' model

#13 6 years ago

I'm a bit let down with the announcement I stayed up till midnight last night in Australia and the countdown clock hit zero and nothing happened!! Ok different time zone etc.

The idea is something I like and I think the artist looks the goods. I think if they want money up front they need more on the table, a flipping whitewood and a greater detailed art package as a minimum.

My problem is at least with JJP, SkitB, and others there was a payment plan that was progressive not a one off hit (can you get a refund??).

As well 100k aint going to set up nothing in regards to manufacturing etc.

In my opinion kickstarter is not the ideal launch platform for such an expensive item.

Good luck to them they have more balls than I've got.

#14 6 years ago

Wow, that looks cool and apparently one of the developers (Jeri Ellsworth) has a collection of 80 pinball machines. It would be great to see this technology used in pinball.

#15 6 years ago

The concept of this game sounds pretty cool. I think the pinball gremlins make for some cool modes and great art and DMD animations. Unfortunately, I have little confidence they will raise the money needed to move forward with this project.

#16 6 years ago

Jesus that was painful.

Few things:

1) Learn your lines. Rehearse them.
    2) If you've spent "10's of thousands" of your own money, maybe spend a couple of hundred on someone to edit your pitch.
    3) Stop promising that YOUR pinball machine is going to be the penultimate in terms of innovative gameplay and is going to "change" pinball forever. You want to reel people in - set the bar relatively LOW, and then build from there when what you deliver far EXCEEDS peoples expectations. This goes for everyone - you want to slap some LCD's in a pinball machine? Fine. It's not going to fundamentally change the fact that I've still got two hands on the flippers and I'm banging a ball around on a piece of inclined wood.
    4) Be careful with your words. You haven't designed your own LED lights. Don't make claims like this. And if you are going to make claims like this, back it up. I want to know where, and I want to see them. When you add the '-ed' at the end of a word it means it's done.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

Jesus that was painful.
    Few things:
    1) Learn your lines. Rehearse them.
    2) If you've spent "10's of thousands" of your own money, maybe spend a couple of hundred on someone to edit your pitch.
    3) Stop promising that YOUR pinball machine is going to be the penultimate in terms of innovative gameplay and is going to "change" pinball forever. You want to reel people in - set the bar relatively LOW, and then build from there when what you deliver far EXCEEDS peoples expectations. This goes for everyone - you want to slap some LCD's in a pinball machine? Fine. It's not going to fundamentally change the fact that I've still got two hands on the flippers and I'm banging a ball around on a piece of inclined wood.
    4) Be careful with your words. You haven't designed your own LED lights. Don't make claims like this. And if you are going to make claims like this, back it up. I want to know where, and I want to see them. When you add the '-ed' at the end of a word it means it's done.

That really is a great summary of what Vonnie D did wrong with that video. Honestly in some ways I want to wish them the best for the sake of the industry, but in other ways I kind of don't think they deserve to succeed based off the overall laziness and attitude that's coming from them.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I've still got two hands on the flippers and I'm banging a ball around on a piece of inclined wood.

This made me giggle....

I watched it, and yeah was pretty rough. I'm a wait and see kinda guy..

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I stated this in another Vonnie D thread. Keep this positive. Very cool things can happen if the community gives pats on the back.

I may retract my statement. Wow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 6.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 49.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside