(Topic ID: 114404)

New Pinball Machine Sales, what % private collectors vs operators

By Animal

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which percentage of sales most closely reflects overall sales of new pins today?”

• 20% to private collectors 5 votes
      12%
    • 40% to private collectors 11 votes
      27%
    • 60% to private collectors 7 votes
      17%
    • 80% to private collectors 18 votes
      44%

(41 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ika.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

I think there is way more operators now in US with barcades and pinball renesance than in Europe. European pinball machines are exported to US because they are more expensive where you're at and that is the profit that can't be earned on the route anymore. Look at all those dutch and italian container deals.
    I know my poor country is having all A and high B titles exported overseas and pinballs on location earn very little. Looking in european sites and forums it seems it is same there only their citizens have larger wallets, so their prices are between our and US (closer to US prices).

for example: TAF is 1700 EUR game here and $4500 routed in US. no way that game can earn more than couple of 100s eur here at most yearly (100 eur is 488 tokens bought if profit is 50/50 split with the bar owner) without calculating in breakage and repair costs. after taxes and shipping someone selling his TAF oversees makes an easy 1000-2000 EUR on the spot.

I'd guess Gary is making his stats up for the release purposes and that most he sells is to home collectors, probably most of it to US. There is no Nova anymore or large french distributors that buy half the stock at release.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ika.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-machine-sales-what-private-collectors-vs-operators?tu=Ika and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.