0F7D4F79-7D8B-41C6-AD3F-E5D1BB4514D9 (resized).jpeg
154DADC6-3E83-4447-881A-E73E51727144 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
AB65AEEA-78BD-473E-9655-529699918491 (resized).jpeg
541C4546-6C04-4494-9AAE-9F3BFDA089B8 (resized).jpeg
11EC24A4-7DCE-45E4-90F4-505C7D0274BD (resized).jpeg
E9B11BC4-EB2A-4D3D-81C6-7C446CF58AB8 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Saw this on Facebook. Looks like only 200 are going to be made. What are your thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/303828336848631/posts/762989954265798/?vh=e&extid=0

#2 3 years ago

https://haggispinball.com/

Never heard of them before. Some nice features, no ramps.
11EC24A4-7DCE-45E4-90F4-505C7D0274BD (resized).jpeg11EC24A4-7DCE-45E4-90F4-505C7D0274BD (resized).jpeg541C4546-6C04-4494-9AAE-9F3BFDA089B8 (resized).jpeg541C4546-6C04-4494-9AAE-9F3BFDA089B8 (resized).jpegAB65AEEA-78BD-473E-9655-529699918491 (resized).jpegAB65AEEA-78BD-473E-9655-529699918491 (resized).jpegE9B11BC4-EB2A-4D3D-81C6-7C446CF58AB8 (resized).jpegE9B11BC4-EB2A-4D3D-81C6-7C446CF58AB8 (resized).jpeg

#3 3 years ago

Met the team and played the game at expo 2019. It was fun and had some unique options

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

https://haggispinball.com/
Never heard of them before. Some nice features, no ramps.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They had the thread a little while back about making playfields superior to Stern/JJP/CPR and all of them. Their technique makes a basically indestructible playfield similar to those badass Spanish games that had some sort of plastic/plexi finish.

Glad they’ve got a game ready for market!! They seem like they’ve got some great ideas. Hopefully Stern takes some notes and actually innovates because their clears are trash.

#5 3 years ago

Just checked the prices ... 8k CDN dollars very reasonable for what it is! Nice to see a new game on the market

#6 3 years ago

I like that you can pick your finish. Kudos to them for getting to the point of shipping, price seems reasonable. With the 200 and done looks like they're following the Spooky model -- hopefully to success!

#7 3 years ago

I had orderd one and put a deposit on it about 3 months ago.Damon has been very imformative and has keep me in the loop as far as production ect.I played it in chicago and its a good shooter and he has intresting modes.Im looking forward to it and know im getting a good game and helping a start up company. It feels solid and the game is well built.He also is offering custom colors and playfield options ect and thats a nice touch.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

game is well built.

Williams feel? I think AP came pretty close with the built like a tank feel.

#9 3 years ago

Always great to see a new machine being built and a new company entering the picture. I never even knew this thing existed until today, but it doesn't look bad at all. Would love to give one a play sometime.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Williams feel? I think AP came pretty close with the built like a tank feel.

No im thinking Total Nuclear Annihilation ish feeling over say american most haunted.American pinball feel would be a good compairson.I dont think people will be dissopointed in build quility being their first game.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I dont think people will be dissopointed

And looks like they will deliver before DeepRoot!

#13 3 years ago

Interview with Haggis Pinball CEO, Damian Hartin: http://www.ausretrogamer.com/made-in-australia-haggis-pinball/

I played a pre-production model - it shot beautifully, including the top/third flipper. The machine felt rock solid & the colour changing lockdown & side rails looked amazing.

#15 3 years ago

I met Damian at Texas and Chicago. Great guy. I put a deposit on one the day they announced it. I like variety in machines and think this will compliment my current collection.

Value seems solid especially with the screen in the playfield and the personalization of having your name in the game! Sounds like they may be able to deliver some machines this year.

#16 3 years ago

Looks cool. Love that it’s street level

#17 3 years ago

How do you get a game added to the pinside machine list. Just wondering why its not listed since we first saw this game last year?

#18 3 years ago

Just a heads up if anyone’s interested.

“ Haggis Pinball is streaming their new game CELTS LIVE:
1pm AEDT Saturday 31st of October - that's 9pm CDT, 10pm EDT Friday 30th of October.

On Twitch, on the Melbourne Silverball Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/melbournesilverball

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

How do you get a game added to the pinside machine list. Just wondering why its not listed since we first saw this game last year?

Send Robin a PM and he'll add it

#20 3 years ago

Just noticed the time is running out to save 1000$ on one. If your on the fence now would be a good time to pick one up.
Just five days left to take advantage of the CELTS show special - $1,000 off MSRP
https://haggispinball.com/index.php?option=com_ecwid...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21 3 years ago

Played the pre production model at Flipout in Melbourne.

The build quality of this game is top notch.

Development team are enthusiasts. The guy that done
all the graphic work does high end restorations.

Great bunch of guys, it was a fun game back then and I hear improved a lot since then.

They have played it safe with a relatively simple layout for their first machine, but it is fun to play and I kept going back for more.

One thing for sure. The machine looks and feels like a professionaly built game. It 100% does not feel like a backyard homebrew.

The guys at Haggis have done an amazing job.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

Played the pre production model at Flipout in Melbourne.
The build quality of this game is top notch.
Development team are enthusiasts. The guy that done
all the graphic work does high end restorations.
Great bunch of guys, it was a fun game back then and I hear improved a lot since then.
They have played it safe with a relatively simple layout for their first machine, but it is fun to play and I kept going back for more.
One thing for sure. The machine looks and feels like a professionaly built game. It 100% does not feel like a backyard homebrew.
The guys at Haggis have done an amazing job.

Felt the same way. The machine feels premium.
This wasn’t you that I snapped playing it?

154DADC6-3E83-4447-881A-E73E51727144 (resized).png154DADC6-3E83-4447-881A-E73E51727144 (resized).png
#23 3 years ago

Looks pretty cool... I like no ramp games. Good theme

#24 3 years ago

Robin got the machine added. Can add pictures and stuff now. https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/celts

#25 3 years ago

Looks like a lot of fun....well done...I wonder why they set the limit to 200? Anyone know when they think they'll start shipping?

#26 3 years ago

They are shipping this year.

#27 3 years ago

So how much are these landed in the USA?

#28 3 years ago

Is there any in depth video showing the modes and interaction with in PF display?

Game looks pretty cool for a single level.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So how much are these landed in the USA?

The contact email listed on the website is [email protected]. Send them a message for a quote shipped, but the price in USD, based on the current exchange rate is as follows:

Fully Optioned: $6561.83 USD + shipping (Show special price until 31st of October)
Standard: $5596.86 USD + Shipping

Quoted from Psw757:

Is there any in depth video showing the modes and interaction with in PF display?
Game looks pretty cool for a single level.

There is going to be a gameplay stream tomorrow. Video announcement here:

#30 3 years ago

Looks cool, that theme though LOL. Why not make it some Aussie thing. Crocodile hunter or Rugby or some crap. Anyway, best of luck.

#31 3 years ago

Game have a nice look to it, but the play field do seem very simple/barebone to me (like no toys/ramps/subways/gimmics ...). I would have to play it myself before getting one.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looks cool, that theme though LOL. Why not make it some Aussie thing. Crocodile hunter or Rugby or some crap. Anyway, best of luck.

Need some Crocodile Dundee, love those movies!

#33 3 years ago

Not long to go till the stream! This is one of the best single level pinball machines we have ever played. It’s really that good!

0BC54B1F-B28E-48D7-903A-38CAAA2FE60E (resized).jpeg0BC54B1F-B28E-48D7-903A-38CAAA2FE60E (resized).jpeg0F7D4F79-7D8B-41C6-AD3F-E5D1BB4514D9 (resized).jpeg0F7D4F79-7D8B-41C6-AD3F-E5D1BB4514D9 (resized).jpeg
#34 3 years ago

Game looks pretty nice but hardly any animations of the screen.

I would have thought there would have been something from events of Highland games.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Game looks pretty nice but hardly any animations of the screen.
I would have thought there would have been something from events of Highland games.

That may have required licensing, but I ain’t no lawyer. The original animations didn’t tickle your fancy?

3 months later
#36 3 years ago

Any advice on where to make/get a digital high definition Tartan for the custom option of the game?

#37 3 years ago

#38 3 years ago

Based on the last update from Haggis. I hope to get notified this month that my game is ready to pickup. Long live the McCrae clan!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-machine-from-haggis-pinball?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.