Spinner #11 (resized).jpg
Spinner #10 (resized).jpg
Spinner #9 (resized).jpg
Spinner #8 (resized).jpg
Spinner #7 (resized).jpg
Spinner #6 (resized).jpg
Spinner #5 (resized).jpg
Spinner #4 (resized).jpg
There are 556 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#352 8 years ago

Thank you kindly

#353 8 years ago

Due to request I now will be putting in the four screws - new price $110.26 US lol....that was a joke.

I have a few sets sitting here if anyone needs a set.

#354 8 years ago

Should I make a metric system joke?

#355 8 years ago

They work great !!! I would have bought off Hooked, but I was a too impatient and put a set together myself.

2 weeks later
#357 8 years ago

Finally got mine installed with the le plastic. One screw per spinner, pre drilling I found best to minimize wood build up from the screw. Work great and look good.

20150911_225305.jpg20150911_225305.jpg

20150911_225300.jpg20150911_225300.jpg

20150911_225246.jpg20150911_225246.jpg

#358 8 years ago

Excellent news still have 2 new sets ready for late comers

#359 8 years ago

I still cant believe there isn't a hacked rom yet that has the switch and scoring enabled.

#360 8 years ago

Has anyone created a template for cutting the plastics? Just a little nervous about this step. Heck , for a second I even thought about purchasing the entire LE plastic set from Marco.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Has anyone created a template for cutting the plastics? Just a little nervous about this step. Heck , for a second I even thought about purchasing the entire LE plastic set from Marco.

Try it first!.Then if you fail.Purchase the LE plastics.

#362 8 years ago

If you have a wheel grinder, it will make short work of it and will look like a factory cut.
Anyone late to get in I have 7 sets of spinner left, last run unless the code is cracked.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

If you have a wheel grinder, it will make short work of it and will look like a factory cut.
Anyone late to get in I have 7 sets of spinner left, last run unless the code is cracked.

I purchased a set of plastic protectors that are based off of the LE plastics, it made for a nice template for the left spinner. I used a dremel for this thinking it would be easier. The right side doesn't have a plastic protector though, I tried shaping it with the dremel but after trying the grinder wheel it is definitely the way to go. For the right side plastic I had to go back to the grinder wheel and keep taking off a little more at a time to make it fit. All in all, I took off a lot more plastic on the right side than I thought I would need to.

#364 8 years ago

.....Hmmm I could take my LE plastics, scan them so you guys have a template to cut your pro ones. I just need to take apart the game some. There are 4 plastics, 2 per side, lower and upper that are cut to fit. I should of thought of this before installing them fully :-p Otherwise I'll just take pic's showing where.

#365 8 years ago

Decided to go for it, turns out using the photos already posted (thanks Mudflaps) it was pretty easy. Hookup is next, can't wait to try it tonight.

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Decided to go for it, turns out using the photos already posted (thanks Mudflaps) it was pretty easy. Hookup is next, can't wait to try it tonight.

Hope it plays great for you Waldo, I miss it already.

#367 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

.....Hmmm I could take my LE plastics, scan them so you guys have a template to cut your pro ones. I just need to take apart the game some. There are 4 plastics, 2 per side, lower and upper that are cut to fit. I should of thought of this before installing them fully :-p Otherwise I'll just take pic's showing where.

I think having some pictures that would give folks trying to do this some visual cues on where to cut would be helpful..

1 month later
#368 8 years ago

Bump for weekend build out. Anyone interested let me know by Thurs for Monday shipping . Have them for Thanks giving game play

3 weeks later
#369 8 years ago

another successful install! used dremel for first time ever. cuts might be a little ghetto but only if you're examining. I'm finishing my TimeBandit total Lightshow this weekend and my machine is inching closer to done...maybe.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#370 8 years ago

It looks good from my house, , j/k , you did a good job, those spinners are great, they should have been installed in the first place

#371 8 years ago

Looking good! I found a bag with enough parts to build 3 sets if anyone needs them. I dont sell them on the site because of the plastics having to be modified. Just pm me here.

#372 8 years ago

Love mine.

2 weeks later
#373 8 years ago

I still have two sets and spare spinner decals if anyone is interested.
I don't plan on running the spinners again unless there are 10 people interested.
The spinner decals I will be putting on my site in 2016.
Thanks
Robert

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I still have two sets and spare spinner decals if anyone is interested.
I don't plan on running the spinners again unless there are 10 people interested.
The spinner decals I will be putting on my site in 2016.
Thanks
Robert

Ok. I will give this a try.
1 set please

#375 8 years ago

I'll take some decals for mine. Pm me how much to send.

#376 8 years ago

One set left and decals are 8 shipped if anyone needs them or wants to change prem or le from stock.

1 week later
#377 8 years ago

Sold out. Will run again in a batch of 10..pm me to sign up.

#378 8 years ago

Got my spinners yesterday and installed them today.
Wow. Very easy to install thanks to this thread and a dremel tool.
Thanks again, Hooked.
Now if someone who knows Lyman can just get word to him about activating the two switches in the code, that would be amazing.

IMG_1470_(resized).JPGIMG_1470_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#379 8 years ago

I'm interested in a set of decals. The ones from post #369 look cool, I'll take em.

#380 8 years ago

Has anyone attempted to add these spinners to the existing code? I know nothing about modifying code, so please be gentle

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Has anyone attempted to add these spinners to the existing code? I know nothing about modifying code, so please be gentle

No, that can't be done unfortunately.

#382 8 years ago

Do we know if Lyman even knows about possibly turning on the two switches in the Pro code?
I know it will probably never even happen. But it certainly will not if he has never been politely asked.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

No, that can't be done unfortunately.

Is this due to the code being encrypted/proprietary software? Or are we speaking about some sort of copyright infringement?

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Is this due to the code being encrypted/proprietary software? Or are we speaking about some sort of copyright infringement?

It's binary code. For all intents and purposes unmodifiable without source code. Stern could do it in five minutes if they so chose.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It's binary code. For all intents and purposes unmodifiable without source code. Stern could do it in five minutes if they so chose.

So, we are hooped. Unless someone knows Mr. Sheets and calls in a favour.

#386 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

So, we are hooped. Unless someone knows Mr. Sheets and calls in a favour.

Best you can hope for are lights and sounds attached. And either wrong scoring or no scoring.

#387 8 years ago

I will settle for light and sounds. But, I would prefer no scoring if it will not be part of the correct scoring scheme.

#388 8 years ago

One more pm / emil and run will be on its way.

#389 8 years ago

I would love for someone to document instructions or measurement so we dont f are plastics up. Also is everyone drilling there playfield for the install? Hooked what did you do? I just bought a grinder for this install but still am a little unsure.
Harley D.

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I would love for someone to document instructions or measurement so we dont f are plastics up. Also is everyone drilling there playfield for the install? Hooked what did you do? I just bought a grinder for this install but still am a little unsure.
Harley D.

Back in this thread, there are some pictures where people took a dremel and cut. I was going to scan my plastics so people could use them as a template. I have the LE/Prem plastics so I just mounted the spinners in that location and didn't cut plastics.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Harley D.

I wanted to mention that you don't have to cut the plastic on the lower right side spinner, you can just remove it completely. I haven't had any issues with that solution in 300+ games. I actually prefer it since I have an LED mod back there.

The left one does need the rectangular cut.

#393 8 years ago

Page 4

Post 188 and 189 are great examples

1 week later
#394 8 years ago

so i have this awesome and beautiful spinners to thx Hooked

But the "drumroll" ist really deep - has someone changed the picktarget sound in pinball browser? I can't find the correct request. Maybe someone can tell me the request for spinners in the LE-Version and the Picktarget request in the Pro version.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

so i have this awesome and beautiful spinners to thx Hooked
But the "drumroll" ist really deep - has someone changed the picktarget sound in pinball browser? I can't find the correct request. Maybe someone can tell me the request for spinners in the LE-Version and the Picktarget request in the Pro version.
Hope you can help me.
Thank you

That is a good idea and I'm sure someone has already done it.
Would love to know the sound request numbers on both machines as well.
I have no idea what the spinner sounds like on the LE or I would just go find it myself.

#396 8 years ago

Very nice mod

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That is a good idea and I'm sure someone has already done it.
Would love to know the sound request numbers on both machines as well.
I have no idea what the spinner sounds like on the LE or I would just go find it myself.

could we use pinbrowser, take the current file out, raise the sound level and put it back in?

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

But the orbits get hit all the time by accident

Do the pick targets only get hit by deliberate aimed shots, never accidentally by rebound?

I would bet that a super shitty player flailing away could hit the targets easier than the spinner.

#399 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Do the pick targets only get hit by deliberate aimed shots, never accidentally by rebound?
I would bet that a super shitty player flailing away could hit the targets easier than the spinner.

hahhaha. This debate about it making the pics easier is ridiculous. I am not a good player, but I've on average get 2 peoples pics now instead of one. Soooo this isn't giving giant advantages.

#400 8 years ago

If by some chance the switchs are ever turned "on" 37 & 38 in the code...these are ready to swap over...just saying .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,600 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 556 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.