Spinner #11 (resized).jpg
Spinner #10 (resized).jpg
Spinner #9 (resized).jpg
Spinner #8 (resized).jpg
Spinner #7 (resized).jpg
Spinner #6 (resized).jpg
Spinner #5 (resized).jpg
Spinner #4 (resized).jpg
There are 556 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Never got a tracking number

trackers added by paypal to payment. Two sets went to northern brothers this week.

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah, I got kind of annoyed with not knowing for sure how it affected the game. And it doesn't make the big difference people are saying.
Mod on and ship out!

Since I have installed the spinners, and played a couple 100 more games... I have decided to connect BOTH spinners on my game to only the LEFT most pic. The reason is three fold:

1. This is the least amount of modifications to the original rules, while still keeping roughly the same points for spinner switch hits

2. You are much more likely to arbitratilly trigger the right spinner switch, since a short plunge will trip it as well as a missed skill shot that trickles down the right orbit (ESPECIALLY in M-ball).

So, a short plunge to a right flipper trap, to a left orbit spinner shot, would effectively give you two pics with one shot (if tied to both pics). However, if you tie both spinners to only the left or right (one unique switch), you will now need to collect the other 3 pics (not 2) with 3 other unique shots.
3. An "orbit combo shot" will now only award ONE pic (that is, unless you disabled the up-post in settings already[silly])

So now instead of 50% more likely, you are only 25% more likely to make single pic target progress that you normally would not make.

I realize these are all very minor details, but it's the least amount of rule change, while still keeping the points at about 6,000 per spinner switch.

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

See thats y i didn't order them definitely don't wanna make the game that much easier hmm

I have made it to Blackened one time, out of 500+ plays on factory settings. And that was BEFORE I added the spinners to my pro. A couple switch hits that you are arbitrarily going to hit in the course of the game anyway, is not going to affect how often you get to blackened.

A local member of my league insists that it is way too hard to get to blackened anyway. He set his MET to 2 pic completions, instead of 5(is it THAT many?) for each band member. I tend to agree with him... 95% of people that play MET 10 times in a row will never see that mode. I think that's sad, since it plays more like part of the regular game, over a wizard-type-mode and it is a lot of fun as well.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Since I have installed the spinners, and played a couple 100 more games... I have decided to connect BOTH spinners on my game to only the LEFT most pic. The reason is three fold:
1. This is the least amount of modifications to the original rules, while still keeping roughly the same points for spinner switch hits
2. You are much more likely to arbitratilly trigger the right spinner switch, since a short plunge will trip it as well as a missed skill shot that trickles down the right orbit (ESPECIALLY in M-ball).
So, a short plunge to a right flipper trap, to a left orbit spinner shot, would effectively give you two pics with one shot (if tied to both pics). However, if you tie both spinners to only the left or right (one unique switch), you will now need to collect the other 3 pics (not 2) with 3 other unique shots.
3. An "orbit combo shot" will now only award ONE pic (that is, unless you disabled the up-post in settings already[silly])
So now instead of 50% more likely, you are only 25% more likely to make single pic target progress that you normally would not make.
I realize these are all very minor details, but it's the least amount of rule change, while still keeping the points at about 6,000 per spinner switch.

Ah good idea! I always hold the flipper and try to get a super skill shot off the left flipper. But I agree, if someone is worried, tie both to the same pic!

I can't wait to install mine Just had a monster game with the GF the other night. Kinda feel bad when my balls are taking minutes and she is only seconds....but I told her to practice more

#305 8 years ago

I am in!! Payment sent! Thanks for doing a rerun. Now who knows Lyman so we can get this in the code update???

Question, Is the wiring long enough where you can attach both spinners to the left pick?

#306 8 years ago

Yep if Lyman can sneak into the code the spinner switches we would be eternally grateful.

#308 8 years ago

Love mine!

1 week later
#309 8 years ago

how many drilled new holes to mount the spinner vs use existing screw from orbit metal

#310 8 years ago

Will pop these out next week after the show for those waiting.

#311 8 years ago

BAH the spinners catch on things if you don't drill into the pf. Hooked I never looked at much instruction. You have to drill 2 small holes? I don't have extra screws

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Great list.
Hex screws are #6 1/2i inch

I'll have to swing by the HD to snag them.

#313 8 years ago

I drilled a single new hole which is plenty to hold them down. I used my bench grinder, router, and spindle sander to modify my plastics. Pattern it out with paper or cardboard first.

Jesse

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I drilled a single new hole which is plenty to hold them down. I used my bench grinder, router, and spindle sander to modify my plastics. Pattern it out with paper or cardboard first.
Jesse

I bought LE plastics... no cutting on those guys

Ok, so new hole. Remember the size of the bit?

Thanks!

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is there a source where we can buy just the plastics needed?

Quoted from northvibe:

I don't but I just went to HD and picked up #6 1/2" screws to install the spinners to the playfield. I am only going to do one on each as Jarbyjibbo suggested.

#316 8 years ago

I had Terry at pbl get me a set, it is all plastics for the LE
803-5000-E3

#317 8 years ago

When will you have these back in stock? Would love to get a set!

#318 8 years ago

I am running 10 sets at a time. Right now I have 5 sign ups (no money).
To get on the list email me [email protected]

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Thanks!

I generally don't predrill for #6 or smaller, especially when it's hidden. A few turns and a little pressure and it'll bite.

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I generally don't predrill for #6 or smaller, especially when it's hidden. A few turns and a little pressure and it'll bite.

ah ok. Thanks. I need some shower hardware so I'll snag them tomorrow.

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

How long of a screw are you using? Im doing a similar project on my TWD, and the holes are already drilled on the left side. Was wondering what size screw was standard for a spinner bracket.

****DERP****
Just read above. 1/2"

#322 8 years ago

I always keep a supply of various Pinball parts on hand.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=225

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'll have to swing by the HD to snag them.

HD doesn't carry these.....ugh

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

HD doesn't carry these.....ugh

Shoot me a PM with your address and I can send them. I buy them form PBLife.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Shoot me a PM with your address and I can send them. I buy them form PBLife.

It's all good HOOKED. I just ordered from pbl. Figured HD would have it, forgot they didn't. I have #8's downstairs but not #6's. Thanks for the offer!

1 week later
#326 8 years ago

3 slots left should start build out last week of July if anyone wants in.
[email protected]
Spinners are not on my site because of the install process....I believe its a level 2 skill and I dont have time for one on one support to new pin heads. I figure if your on pinside you can swing it.

#327 8 years ago

When I get mine I can make an install video, especially since burning man my nearby pinhead has them as well so we can document the process.

#328 8 years ago

I have the screws! Just need to get time to put it in. Hopefully this weekend

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Yep if Lyman can sneak into the code the spinner switches we would be eternally grateful.

Has anyone checked the new code yet?

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

When I get mine I can make an install video, especially since burning man my nearby pinhead has them as well so we can document the process.

I would gladly pay and share some good drinks if you installed mine : )

#331 8 years ago

yep...was hoping we would consider doing this at the same time. I have all the tools to cut the plastics, screws, etc...let me know when your spinners arrive...

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I would gladly pay and share some good drinks if you installed mine : )

You may want to watch the video first, and serve the drinks after! But sure..

#333 8 years ago

Can someone explain how spinners would be implemented in code on a pro? Because I'm not seeing it..... Unless they had them wires to a new location or sensed the switch for a pic being hit multiple times quickly and used that?

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Can someone explain how spinners would be implemented in code on a pro? Because I'm not seeing it..... Unless they had them wires to a new location or sensed the switch for a pic being hit multiple times quickly and used that?

They would be wired into the switch matrix in the same location as they are in the premium.

#335 8 years ago

Current switch locations on matrix pro are not used. Simple tie in if Stern would turn them on to read and respond.
I am thinking 1hr tops - turn them on and set up sound and score.

Two spots left on this run - email if interested [email protected]

#336 8 years ago

ah, ok good. that is what I figured.

2 weeks later
#337 8 years ago

bump to get this mod order filled!

#338 8 years ago

I've seen a few new buyers in the met thread.....should cross post!

#339 8 years ago

This is REALLY a smart idea HOOKED. These should have never been produced without a spinner in the first place!!

#340 8 years ago

Just noticed movement on the thread.
I got my bag-o goodies this week.
Will start build out this weekend when I get caught up on orders.
If anyone wants to jump in now is the time.

#341 8 years ago

What about the pop caps?! WANT

#342 8 years ago

I have pop caps in stock just remind me when your set is ready. Metalica pops great bang for buck.

1 week later
#343 8 years ago

Invoices sent today to everyone on the July list.

#344 8 years ago

Two guys backed out two slots open if anyone wants in - PM me.
$110 shipped USA $128 outside (outside US has to have tracker on paypal which requires priority mail.)

#345 8 years ago

Received today. The real deal. Bump for a great mod.

#346 8 years ago

Thanks! This will be the last run till Dec.

#347 8 years ago

Got mine last week. Installed today. Grinder wheel is definitely the way to go. I dried the Dremel first but the grinder wheel makes the plastics notches look factory.

I may start working on a 1.64 patch for these spinners. Great mod. (Only wish it came with screws and more detailed instructions for those who are less hands on. But that's what this forum can be for.)

#348 8 years ago

Got mine last week. Installed today. Grinder wheel is definitely the way to go. I dried the Dremel first but the grinder wheel makes the plastics notches look factory.
I may start working on a 1.64 patch for these spinners. Great mod. (Only wish it came with screws and more detailed instructions for those who are less hands on. But that's what this forum can be for.)

I thought most people used existing hardware in the game to mount to?

#349 8 years ago

hardware you need #6 hex head screws =4
The software we are piggy backing to a stand up switch....gives sound and points.

Selfless plug...4 kits left packed and ready if anyone needs one.

#350 8 years ago

#6 hex what length

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,600 (OBO)
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 556 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.