Spinner #11 (resized).jpg
Spinner #10 (resized).jpg
Spinner #9 (resized).jpg
Spinner #8 (resized).jpg
Spinner #7 (resized).jpg
Spinner #6 (resized).jpg
Spinner #5 (resized).jpg
Spinner #4 (resized).jpg
There are 556 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've always thought about adding this mod, but am kind of worried about messing up my plastics when cutting them. Can anyone calm my fears about how difficult it is, or what the best tool to use would be? Are there templates available for marking the cuts?

I've thought about adding spinners to my Met Pro but the lack of code for them stops me from doing it. Also the fact if you hook them up to the stand-ups it makes a few modes of the game way to easy.

1 week later
#502 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I've thought about adding spinners to my Met Pro but the lack of code for them stops me from doing it. Also the fact if you hook them up to the stand-ups it makes a few modes of the game way to easy.

I think I might do that total light show mod too... which I think gives these spinners the right sound, and doesn't have an impact on the modes.

1 of 2 installed

IMG_20180120_141016355 (resized).jpgIMG_20180120_141016355 (resized).jpg

Edit 2 of 2. Now, wait for the artwork.

IMG_20180120_161507958 (resized).jpgIMG_20180120_161507958 (resized).jpg

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I think I might do that total light show mod too... which I think gives these spinners the right sound, and doesn't have an impact on the modes.
1 of 2 installed

Nice!!! Total light show mod is basically a requirement especially if you have the spinners. Has the exact same sound as prem! GL

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

1 of 2 installed

That's correct. There are two modes available, selectable by DIP switch. One plays the standard bass drum sound all through the game, the other plays varying sounds throughout the game depending on the state/mode of the machine.

#505 6 years ago

Great job.
If you do the total light show give us an estimate on time involved to install.
I have been on the fence myself.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

That's correct. There are two modes available, selectable by DIP switch. One plays the standard bass drum sound all through the game, the other plays varying sounds throughout the game depending on the state/mode of the machine.

Does that second mode every play the standard sound? If so how do you change to play the second option? Where is that dip switch

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does that second mode every play the standard sound?

Yes. It still plays the standard sound most of the time. It's only during certain modes that the sounds changes. It's very cool.

#508 6 years ago

If Stern ever enabled the spinner code for the pro's I'd do the spinner mod in a heart beat.

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

If Stern ever enabled the spinner code for the pro's I'd do the spinner mod in a heart beat.

I doubt they ever would, as it is a part that doesn't exist in the factory game.

5 months later
#510 5 years ago

Just installed the spinners on my MET this weekend. Excellent product and superb quality. Loving the look... and with the flipper fidelity speakers, the bass beats are awesome when those spinners are spinnin'!! Super happy, lovin it!!

MVIMG_20180714_155420.jpgMVIMG_20180714_155420.jpgMVIMG_20180714_155426.jpgMVIMG_20180714_155426.jpgMVIMG_20180714_181608.jpgMVIMG_20180714_181608.jpg
1 year later
#511 4 years ago

It has been a while since anyone posted on this, are people happy with their install? Does it still work with the most recent code?

Just bought a Met Pro, so wondering if this is still a thing.

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

It has been a while since anyone posted on this, are people happy with their install? Does it still work with the most recent code?

It work with any code as the spinners just made noise and activate the pick switch you tie it to (alligator clips). They are a must. Install looks a tad daunting but it is easy if you plan and go slow.

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

There used to be an advanced way to tie the sounds into the game code using TimeBandit's sound caller add-on, but it was unfortunately broken by the latest update. For now, all you can do is tie then into the pic targets. It's still a cool effect when you rip the spinner. The only negative is that it gives you credit for a hit to the pic target.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The only negative is that it gives you credit for a hit to the pic target.

Only one though, if you do it right... Just tie both to the left pic (the one most likely struck by accident, flailing anyway). It only makes completing any "pic goal" a bit less than 25% easier. Besides, completed shots around the left obit graze off that target all the time as well.

The coolest reason is for adding spinners is CIU Fade to Black mode. Even that is nerfed though... because the first few spins on a good rip do not register. I actually find THAT to be the only game implemented "negative" to the pro spinner mod.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There used to be an advanced way to tie the sounds into the game code using TimeBandit's sound caller add-on, but it was unfortunately broken by the latest update. For now, all you can do is tie then into the pic targets. It's still a cool effect when you rip the spinner. The only negative is that it gives you credit for a hit to the pic target.

Oh man I forgot he made a tie in mod. Wonder if that will be cleared up with an update?

#516 4 years ago

Thanks all, seems like spinners have to go on my to do/wish list!

Quoted from snyper2099:

Only one though, if you do it right... Just tie both to the left pic (the one most likely struck by accident, flailing anyway). It only makes completing any "pic goal" a bit less than 25% easier. Besides, completed shots around the left obit graze off that target all the time as well.
The coolest reason is for adding spinners is CIU Fade to Black mode. Even that is nerfed though... because the first few spins on a good rip do not register. I actually find THAT to be the only game implemented "negative" to the pro spinner mod.

1 week later
#517 4 years ago

All this time I've had my spinners connected to TimeBandit's sound caller add-on, but I want to change them over to the pic tragets. Before I do so, I want to make sure I'm hooking up the alligator clips to the correct lugs on the targets. Each target has three lugs (two of them have a banded diode attached to them, and the other one doesn't). Which ones should I hook the alligator clips up to? Thanks!

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out using the photo on Hooked's site. It's working great.

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

How do the spinners work/effect CIU FTB mode? Was thinking about getting a pair of spinners too.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do the spinners work/effect CIU FTB mode? Was thinking about getting a pair of spinners too.

It’s a switch hit based mode.

1 week later
#520 4 years ago

So based on the feedback, I ordered the spinners once they came in stock again. I am going to practice on some old plastics, and it seems from reading the best way to cut the plastics is with a grinder. I am assuming that means a bench grinder. If so, what kind of grinding wheel, and how big, grit, etc?

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

So based on the feedback, I ordered the spinners once they came in stock again. I am going to practice on some old plastics, and it seems from reading the best way to cut the plastics is with a grinder. I am assuming that means a bench grinder. If so, what kind of grinding wheel, and how big, grit, etc?

Or a dremel. Someone put pics of it cut so you could almost match. I bought a premium set and just installed them where those cut out were. It’s scary but once you do it, not a big deal. I taped mine with painters tape just to make sure

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I am going to practice on some old plastics,

I removed my plastic and made a cardboard template of it. Practice on that, make two templates if needed. Once I knew what needed to be cut out I used a scroll saw.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I removed my plastic and made a cardboard template of it. Practice on that, make two templates if needed. Once I knew what needed to be cut out I used a scroll saw.

It's only about a 1/2" x 2" piece that need to be cut out.

#524 4 years ago

I cheated and bought the premium/LE plastics. It was probably a huge waste of money, but I know I would have screwed something up if I tried to cut them myself.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I cheated and bought the premium/LE plastics. It was probably a huge waste of money, but I know I would have screwed something up if I tried to cut them myself.

I did the same thing! And then didn't use them, cut my own... poorly... but you couldn't even tell and the new owner got a nice new set of plastics.

#526 4 years ago

i just used a scroll saw. take your time and go slow.

#527 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice everyone, as said, I should be fine if I take my time.

1 week later
#528 4 years ago

Spinners installed. No issues, just nerve racking cutting the plastics.

One question, it seems the spinners don't register when they are spinning very fast, only as they slow a bit. Is that the norm? Does the same on switch test.

1 week later
1 week later
#530 4 years ago

So both the left and right plastics need to be cut out? Or just the left? It’s tough to tell from the pictures.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So both the left and right plastics need to be cut out? Or just the left? It’s tough to tell from the pictures.

You'll need to cut the plastics on both sides. This post of mine from a couple years ago has some good photos ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners/page/10#post-3659204

#532 4 years ago

I just installed the spinners a couple of weeks ago, and go slow and you won't have any issues. I used a bench grinder and it worked perfectly, you wouldn't know they weren't stock. The plastics are much tougher than they look. I was worried about cracking them, but as it turns I didn't need to worry.

Quoted from gweempose:

You'll need to cut the plastics on both sides. This post of mine from a couple years ago has some good photos ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners/page/10#post-3659204

2 weeks later
#533 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I just removed the right plastic all together. No stuck balls yet... (200+ plays).

#534 4 years ago

I need to get around and install a right orbit spinner. I did one for the left orbit. Help even out the playfield, plus I love to RIP a spinner.

8 months later
#535 3 years ago

Installed the Pro Spinners and was pretty simple. You really don't need a dremel or scroll saw, I just used a sharp X-Acto Knife , cutting back and forth with pressure and it cut nicely.

thumbnail_IMG_9645 (resized).pngthumbnail_IMG_9645 (resized).png
6 months later
#536 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I have been working on this (parts wise) for about three weeks.
Now its to the point I can show it off. This mod isn't for those that are not willing to mod their plastics. Few shots and a vid attached.

[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]

Wow, high speed 2 would greatly benefit with 2 outer loop spinners like high speed 1 had. Looks like those spinners were wired to bumpers. Anyone know where to buy spinners mods for high speed 2 the getaway pinball machine?

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from tampa12:

Wow, high speed 2 would greatly benefit with 2 outer loop spinners like high speed 1 had. Looks like those spinners were wired to bumpers. Anyone know where to buy spinners mods for high speed 2 the getaway pinball machine?

Couldn't you use the same spinners? These are not game specific, just modified on a Met Pro to put in the same location they come on an LE. If you can find a good spot to mount them on HS and tie them into an appropriate switch show us!

6 months later
#538 2 years ago

I'm 8 years late to the MET pro spinner party but I'm glad I did. Once I got over my fear of cutting plastics and drilling into the playfield it went surprisingly smooth.

Does anyone know of a way to safely use the spinners to trigger lets say an LED strip that flashes with the spin, yet still keep the tether to the pic switch for sound effects? RIP total light show but something less elegant is fine just to get the job done.

6 months later
#539 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm 8 years late to the MET pro spinner party but I'm glad I did. Once I got over my fear of cutting plastics and drilling into the playfield it went surprisingly smooth.
Does anyone know of a way to safely use the spinners to trigger lets say an LED strip that flashes with the spin, yet still keep the tether to the pic switch for sound effects? RIP total light show but something less elegant is fine just to get the job done.

Got a part number for the bracket and Spinners.

#542 2 years ago

So is left side switch Mech. Is good for both right and left orbits?

So is the left and right Mechs…scratch that reply. I just looked at the pictures. Left sided switch Mount is good for left and right Orbits.

#543 2 years ago

Didn't realize this thread was still going.
Fun to see the mod has lived on.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Just ordered a kit this morning, what happened to the other art for the spinners? I thought it looked great.

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

So is left side switch Mech. Is good for both right and left orbits?

So is the left and right Mechs nee

Quoted from HOOKED:

Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Just ordered a kit this morning, what happened to the other art for the spinners? I thought it looked great.

Got a pic of everything included?

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

The designer no longer has access to the printer. So we now go with original sterns.

4 months later
#547 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Thinking about ordering a set. My Metallica gets here next week. I was reading the earlier posts about scoring and code updates. I’m assuming it still works with the newest code versions. Sorry for the stupid question

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Thinking about ordering a set. My Metallica gets here next week. I was reading the earlier posts about scoring and code updates. I’m assuming it still works with the newest code versions. Sorry for the stupid question

It works on any code as the spinners typically attach to the pick stand up target(s)

9 months later
#549 10 months ago

Just read this entire thread hoping to see that sofrware integration had been completed.

Looks like it has not, correct?

#550 10 months ago
Quoted from pharoah007:

Just read this entire thread hoping to see that sofrware integration had been completed.
Looks like it has not, correct?

That is correct and as far as anything I've read on the subject there will not be any software integration coming either. Only implementation that had some level of software integration was done by TimeBandit and afaik all his work has been sunsetted with no indications it will come back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-metallica-pro-with-spinners-that-have-full-factory-sound

I DIY'd this solution into my MET and tied it to the pick targets and that is a flawed solution, as fun as it was to have spinners it made reaching Blackend far easier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 556 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners/page/11?hl=tampa12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.