Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MVIMG_20180714_155420.jpg
MVIMG_20180714_155426.jpg
MVIMG_20180714_181608.jpg
IMG_20180120_161507958 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180120_141016355 (resized).jpg
20171210_221147 (resized).jpg
20171210_171537 (resized).jpg
Spinner #11 (resized).jpg
Spinner #10 (resized).jpg
Spinner #9 (resized).jpg
Spinner #8 (resized).jpg
Spinner #7 (resized).jpg
Spinner #6 (resized).jpg
Spinner #5 (resized).jpg
Spinner #4 (resized).jpg
Spinner #3 (resized).jpg

There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 3 years ago

I have three sets ready for stocking stuffers
Give this link to you significant other -

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p90/Metallica_Pro_Spinners_Kit.html

#452 3 years ago

When the spinner code is enabled for the pro I'll be in. Thanks for making the mod available.

1 week later
#453 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

When the spinner code is enabled for the pro I'll be in. Thanks for making the mod available.

I doubt there will be further updates to Metallica, let alone an update that would enable spinners on the Pro models.

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I doubt there will be further updates to Metallica, let alone an update that would enable spinners on the Pro models.

I believe they are referring to the tap in kit.

1 week later
#455 3 years ago

Ordered,Merry Christmas to me,thanks
-Mike

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Ordered,Merry Christmas to me,thanks
-Mike

Leaving in the morning! Thank you.

1 month later
#457 3 years ago

Did you guys ever make this video....looking to do this install soon. Can you just order the specific LE plastics?

#458 3 years ago

I cant make a vid because my Pro is already modified.
You can however get a LE set of plastics for a simple install.
I used a stand up grinder to make semi perfect slots for mine just by eyeballing it from Prem pictures.
Once the plastics are out the mod to the plastic is a 5 min job tops cleaning edges with a razor blade.

#459 3 years ago

Here are some pics of my install from last weekend.

20170114_222442 (resized).jpg

20170114_205158 (resized).jpg

#460 3 years ago

20170122_182406 (resized).jpg

20170122_182411 (resized).jpg

20170122_182424 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#461 2 years ago

I'm about to install my spinners, but I'm confused about a couple things. Which decals are supposed to go where? Do both blacks go on one spinner and both yellows on the other, or is it one of each? I'm thinking the latter makes more sense, since the left spinner should have only the left half of the face, and the right spinner should only have the right half of the face. Thoughts?

Secondly, when you are installing it, how do you access the screw that is directly beneath the switch? It seems like the switch will block my nut driver.

MET spinner decals (resized).jpg

#462 2 years ago

Gweem.....my sticker came pre installed on my spinners. Both black faces face me and the yellow faces face the back of the pin....the yellow faces are installed upside down so they they appear right side up when they spin.

For your 2nd question my screws weren't directly beneath my switches...they are offset on the other side. Make sure you have that set up correctly. Pic for reference on the faces.....

IMG_1089 (resized).JPG

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Gweem.....my sticker came pre installed on my spinners. Both black faces face me and the yellow faces face the back of the pin....the yellow faces are installed upside down so they they appear right side up when they spin.
For your 2nd question my screws weren't directly beneath my switches...they are offset on the other side. Make sure you have that set up correctly. Pic for reference on the faces.....

WOW!! Looks really nice. I need to sell some stuff to get these.

#464 2 years ago

Thanks! I figured that's what made the most sense.

For your 2nd question my screws weren't directly beneath my switches...they are offset on the other side. Make sure you have that set up correctly.

Are your spinners different than the ones I received? Notice in the second photo how the lower hole for the screw is blocked by the switch actuator ...

Spinners #1 (resized).jpg

Spinners #2 (resized).jpg

#465 2 years ago

I got my sound kit from Timebandit and just need to order the spinner parts with my next part order. I'm not buying this kit since it's cheaper to do it myself. But can't wait to have some awesome spinner action.

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! I figured that's what made the most sense.

Are your spinners different than the ones I received? Notice in the second photo how the lower hole for the screw is blocked by the switch actuator ...

Ok after further inspection your spinner brackets look identical to mine....I had to really get in there and inspect it to notice this. Mine are installed with philips style screws tho as I don't think he was supplying that at the time...so I installed mine with a skinny screw driver after i drilled the holes. I think you are worried about a nut driver which has a thicker shaft on it.....just get in there and see if you can fit it in. The other option is to take the switch off the bracket than install the bracket first but than it's a tight spot for getting the tiny tiny switch screws back in and tightened back onto the bracket. But I would think you could push the switch blade a bit to get your nut driver in.....just don't be too forceful to snap the blade. Wait...the switch blades pop off right?! That's an option as well! Play around with it for a bit and see what works

Here is the best close in pic of mine installed in there.....

IMG_1090 (resized).JPG

#467 2 years ago

I think you are worried about a nut driver which has a thicker shaft on it ...

Exactly. I could probably squeeze a screwdriver in there, but a nut driver has a much wider diameter.

The other option is to take the switch off the bracket than install the bracket first but than it's a tight spot for getting the tiny tiny switch screws back in and tightened back onto the bracket.

I thought about doing this as well, but like you said, it wouldn't leave me with a lot of room to maneuver when trying to get those little screws back in. I may be able to do it with my mini ratcheting screwdriver.

Wait...the switch blades pop off right?! That's an option as well!

So you're saying you can remove and then reattach the actuator?

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Exactly. I could probably squeeze a screwdriver in there, but a nut driver has a much wider diameter.

I thought about doing this as well, but like you said, it wouldn't leave me with a lot of room to maneuver when trying to get those little screws back in. I may be able to do it with my mini ratcheting screwdriver.

So you're saying you can remove and then reattach the actuator?

I mean the blade is hooked onto nubs on either of the switch....I've popped them off and on before on other games though admittedly these were games with switch issues and I had bend and/or reposition. Again...that space in there leaves you little room to play around with things since we are adults with meaty fingers.

#469 2 years ago

I'm going to look to see if I have any of the correct size philips head wood screws lying around. I probably do. Another question - Would the spinner remain stable and in place with only one screw?

#470 2 years ago

I'm not sure...I wouldn't risk it moving around. The spinner itself is pretty solid and takes a nice smack from the pinball to get it spinning. Keep it sturdy with all the screws...I've had mine installed for 2 years and no issues.

#471 2 years ago

Install complete!

On the first spinner, I used a red #6 wood screw I had lying around for the lower hole. I soon realized, however, that it was unnecessary. If you are careful, there is enough give in the actuator that you can slide a 1/4 in. nut driver in between. In order to position the spinners, I used a technique that I would highly recommend. I stuck some thin double sided tape on the bottom of the spinner mount. This allowed me to place the spinner down, and yet still move it around a bit. Once I was happy with the location, I pressed it down hard so that it wouldn't move, and then I drilled my pilot holes.

I think it turned out great!

Spinner #1 (resized).jpg

Spinner #2 (resized).jpg

Spinner #3 (resized).jpg

Spinner #4 (resized).jpg

Spinner #5 (resized).jpg

Spinner #6 (resized).jpg

Spinner #7 (resized).jpg

Spinner #8 (resized).jpg

Spinner #9 (resized).jpg

Spinner #10 (resized).jpg

Spinner #11 (resized).jpg

#472 2 years ago

Nice n clean Gweem! It's a must have MOD and should be on every METPRO.....looks fantastic

#473 2 years ago

Nice n clean Gweem! It's a must have MOD and should be on every METPRO.....looks fantastic

Thanks! Now I'm eagerly awaiting TimeBandit's sound caller mod. It should be here any day now.

#474 2 years ago

Great shots of those installed. I just restocked the next 5 sets.

2 months later
#475 2 years ago

I am installing this for a friend, forgive me for not reading the whole thread. On the machine I am working on, there isn't any predrilled holes. Looking at pictures it looks like all the machines have the holes, or am I missing something?

#476 2 years ago

Mine didn't have holes pre-drilled either. I just used the pictures to get the right vicinity and then made sure they were square to the ball guides.

#477 2 years ago

Mine didnt have holes or dimples. I just held in place then marked with a sharpie then predrilled piolet holes. For those interested I have two sets ready to ship. If anyone needs replacement decals I have some.
Hookedonpinball.com

#478 2 years ago

For those that are interested in adding this mod I will be bringing my metallica to SFGE this year.

2 weeks later
#479 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

For those that are interested in adding this mod I will be bringing my metallica to SFGE this year.

Can you bring a set for me to buy at the show? I have another Metallica I'm working on.

4 months later
#481 2 years ago

Might it be an option for GOTG? Purely depends on whether they leave access to it in the code? There were other games they excluded the spinners on the Pro, right? Was there a kit for those or did Stern kill it by excluding from the Pro code?

#482 2 years ago

At least with Metallica there is no spinner code to use on the Pro

1 month later
#483 2 years ago

So I'm installing these now and I don't see how the spinners attach to the pf with the provided screws. I don't have any holes in my PF like in the pics. Any suggestions?

Also where exactly do the black and red alligator clips go too? Picture on the website is very hard to see.

EDIT - wait do you just push the two provided wood screws directly into the PF to lock in the spinner base?

20171210_171537 (resized).jpg

#484 2 years ago

If you read back we talked about how to screw and where, but yes you will need to screw the spinner arms into the pf. There are no pilot holes for you to use.

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If you read back we talked about how to screw and where, but yes you will need to screw the spinner arms into the pf. There are no pilot holes for you to use.

thanks I figured as much. Instructions should really be updated on the website but I'm almost done. Always worried about messing something up but it's not very hard although drilling into PF is always a nerve racking experience. Looks good.

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks I figured as much. Instructions should really be updated on the website but I'm almost done. Always worried about messing something up but it's not very hard although drilling into PF is always a nerve racking experience. Looks good.

Ugh I feel ya. I think I posted a handful of times for help and wanting a template :/ I feel so bad putting new holes in it.

I installed them on my old pf but the pf was swapped so I have to reinstall them.... bah.

#487 2 years ago

All good! Now I have to install the sister board for the total light show and I'll have the exact spinner sound. Basically will be a premium without the hammer (and the scoring of spinners as per premium gameplay). Amazing how you can transfer the pro. Great game

20171210_221147 (resized).jpg

#488 2 years ago

Hope to add spinners to GotG if the pro ever makes it here.
Going to restock these kits for Metallica on the site next week.
Never understood why Stern kills low cost stuff like spinners on Pro machines.

4 weeks later
#489 2 years ago

Just went to order some spinners but Hooked on Pinball Website is down for maintenance. Will check back soon. Thanks.

#491 2 years ago

Anything further with GOTG Pro? Will they connect the same way (Considering it's a Spike system)?

#492 2 years ago

I've always thought about adding this mod, but am kind of worried about messing up my plastics when cutting them. Can anyone calm my fears about how difficult it is, or what the best tool to use would be? Are there templates available for marking the cuts?

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've always thought about adding this mod, but am kind of worried about messing up my plastics when cutting them. Can anyone calm my fears about how difficult it is, or what the best tool to use would be? Are there templates available for marking the cuts?

It's so basic, nothing to fear. I marked my notch cuts on the plastic with a sharpie and then used a dremel to follow the sharpie lines. You're just cutting out a rectangular notch. Really couldn't be more simple, it's like a 2nd grade arts and crafts project but instead of scissors you use a dremel.

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's so basic, nothing to fear. I marked my notch cuts on the plastic with a sharpie and then used a dremel to follow the sharpie lines. You're just cutting out a rectangular notch. Really couldn't be more simple, it's like a 2nd grade arts and crafts project but instead of scissors you use a dremel.

I'll have my 2nd grader do it, then.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably order a set.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

If you're really worried about messing up, you can always do what I did and just buy a set of the premium/LE plastics. It's obviously not the most cost effective route, but you at least know your notches will be perfect.

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you're really worried about messing up, you can always do what I did and just buy a set of the premium/LE plastics. It's obviously not the most cost effective route, but you at least know your notches will be perfect.

I wish they would sell the individual plastics! It seems like overkill to pay the $129 for the whole set, when it only takes the 2 pieces to mount the spinners on the pro without having to cut the original plastics...

#497 2 years ago

Order placed. If my 2nd grader screws this up, I'm sending him to kick someone's butt........

#498 2 years ago

I used blue painters tape and made pencil marks on the tape of where to cut when i did Metallica. Then used a scroll saw to cut them out.

#499 2 years ago

I plus 1 the premium/le plastics. However it was expensive.

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Order placed. If my 2nd grader screws this up, I'm sending him to kick someone's butt........

I had the same concerns as you and was OK in the end. Take your time. Ultimately the plastics are made well and would really take some major mess up to cause a big deal. The plastics are also very well covered (once you put everything back).

I really think the entire process needs to be formalized/illustrated better as it would encourage others to do it. The end result paired with the total light show so you get that sweet sweet bass sound is so worth it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside