Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Thermionic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

proxy-image.gif
    proxy-image.gif
    LM-845IA-inside-1000x1000web (resized).jpg
    20190723134334_32355f65 (resized).jpeg
    20210813_092652 (resized).jpg
    53C968AE-1754-4162-886B-CF2554FEA905 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    canasta (resized).jpg
    231391460_1501234160228403_5726244542520560542_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

This must be featured in one of those vpin cabs that i see on aliexpress.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I bet their playfields won't have chipping and pooling. Warranty (or lack thereof) is probably on par with JJP as well.

This.

Everything made in the usa is awesome until you unbox a stern that is broken out of box, weak flippers, jjp playfield issue, node board bad, or you just remain a mythical company that doesnt produce anything or when you do, it doesnt work out of box #magicgirl and left unfinished... because we all love unfinished pinball code.

#34 2 years ago

Hey, they built one, maybe they should sell their manufacturing abilities to... deeproot?

#52 2 years ago

Tbh amazon and aggrigators are streamlining the north american ways of consumerism.

Coin op amusement is just not a big thing in China.... maybe if it were redemption.. with a big franchise like a dave and busters..

But the problem is, there isnt any nostalgia to capitalize on, there is no, "thats american, it must be cool" as the Japanese were enamored in the 80s and the biggest obstacle is the device in everyones hand - mobile gaming.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Agree with all of this, and I think the only reason that we haven’t seen Chinese-made product here yet is because the volume isn’t there. BUT someone out there must be looking at Stern’s numbers in the order backlog and saying “hmmmmm….”
    I really think it’s only a matter of time, if market demand continues at this level. I’m actually surprised that a US-based company hasn’t taken this approach yet. It’s worked out pretty good for Arcade 1UP. Especially if a company could get their product on the floor at a Sam’s Club or a CostCo…then you’re selling to a large retail outlet, by the container-load.

Im pretty sure a lot of stern BOM is manufactured overseas but with covid supply issues a lot of supply chain is trying to decentralize their options for increased flexibility and resilience to disruption.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

. Coding can be pretty nuanced and I'd suspect some things could easily be lost in translation (although Nintendo mostly got it right in the '90's)

Isnt Lyman doing contract work now anyway?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #62 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I guess you better throw away your computer and probably another 100 things you have around the house.....

The iphone in ur hand, most of the parts in your car, too.

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

You mean Lymanson

Hahaha actually Wei-mun. Hahaha

Quoted from Viggin900:

You have to see this movie on Netflix. It was really eye opening about everything going on.I can't recommend it enough.

Pls tell me there is no mention of, 'OCTO MANUFACTURING ' in that video..

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I don't remember Japan torturing, enslaving, and murdering political disentents and ethnic minorities though.

Google, "rape of nanjing"

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

But... But... Japan is still known for it's dominance in quality manufacturing. It's partly related to culture. The majority of Chinese workers are as close to literal slaves as you can get. Pride in quality simply cannot exist in that type of environment. Sure, there are better factories that have better QC, but they just throw more slaves at the problem.
    Apples and oranges.

This has changed a lot in the last 10-15 yrs as most of the worlds anything is manufactured in china. Iphone and now the worlds mobile phone market brought along a slew of leading edge manufacturing tech and with that, loads of labour and that labour has become a new middle class (maybe not american std middle class, think mexico or brazil). Japans manufacturing is in very specialized goods for commercial applications but the bulk of consumer goods, and the talent to create them at a worlds standard level has moved to China.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

One final tip, if you manage to fly internationally, never EVER consider even transiting in Hong Kong. HK is finished - you can be arrested at the airport (even in transit) for an offhanded comment you might have made online about China. Trust me they keep every record of every tiny detail.
    Sadly, the CCP have destroyed a once great city!

I have family friends that just emigrated with < 3 months notice in an effort to escape before things get worse. They have children and no definite employment opportunities waiting for them. They just want to ensure their previous activities, cannot be actioned upon in the future.

I did remind them that freedom in north america is just a term thats directly related to income.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I get what you mean and generally agree that there is a skewed view, but the government there is truly awful. I work with a woman who fled Hong Kong. She has some crazy stories, even from Hong Kong.

As exaggerated as they may seem, the govt is truly not out for the people.

Newspaper chief editors have been killed in accidents, another had been arrested first week of 2021, office seized.

More recently last week the teachers union was disbanded.

Control the media and now control what is being taught.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-from-china?tu=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.