Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Thermionic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

proxy-image.gif
    proxy-image.gif
    LM-845IA-inside-1000x1000web (resized).jpg
    20190723134334_32355f65 (resized).jpeg
    20210813_092652 (resized).jpg
    53C968AE-1754-4162-886B-CF2554FEA905 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    canasta (resized).jpg
    231391460_1501234160228403_5726244542520560542_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider masterblaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 2 years ago

This is probably what Stern should have done with their ‘The Pin’ home use only models. Have the whole machine built in China and shipped over, do the testing stateside, apply vinyl artwork to the cabinet, slide in some glass and box it up. Really the only way The Pin was going to be successful was for it to be significantly less money than a Pro model (half the price, at least). There was no way to get to that price point with everything being assembled in the USA.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

If Harbor Freight handles North American distribution, hopefully they brand it Chicago Electric and buyers can use a 15% off coupon and get a free flashlight or screwdriver set.

Hahahaha I’d rather have the Bauer edition…for best-in-class flipper power! I have quite a few tools from HF and they are usually good quality for the money. I wouldn’t buy anything that is to be used on a daily basis, but for occasional use they do quite well. Their little blue oval flashlights with the magnet are great for use while working on pinball machines!

#51 2 years ago
    Quoted from curban:

Don’t fool yourselves and underestimate China. If they find the pinball market worthwhile, they could dominate in no time.
    There’s far too many $’s in the design and BOM that China could reduce >50%.
    Yes, they can build good quality when they want. Yes, they’re know as ‘great copiers’, but they also have millions of good engineers and designers. Don’t ever think “they can’t”.
    I suspect they have little interest as there’s probably no market for pinball ownership in China. Most of the rising class that could afford pinball live in major cities where square footage comes at very high $’s. No 2000 sq ft basements.

Agree with all of this, and I think the only reason that we haven’t seen Chinese-made product here yet is because the volume isn’t there. BUT someone out there must be looking at Stern’s numbers in the order backlog and saying “hmmmmm….”
    I really think it’s only a matter of time, if market demand continues at this level. I’m actually surprised that a US-based company hasn’t taken this approach yet. It’s worked out pretty good for Arcade 1UP. Especially if a company could get their product on the floor at a Sam’s Club or a CostCo…then you’re selling to a large retail outlet, by the container-load.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider masterblaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-from-china?tu=masterblaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.