Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Thermionic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

proxy-image.gif
    proxy-image.gif
    LM-845IA-inside-1000x1000web (resized).jpg
    20190723134334_32355f65 (resized).jpeg
    20210813_092652 (resized).jpg
    53C968AE-1754-4162-886B-CF2554FEA905 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    canasta (resized).jpg
    231391460_1501234160228403_5726244542520560542_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 2 years ago

Looks like JPOP found someone to make his latest design.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from curban:

Don’t ever think “they can’t”.

It’s not so much “they can’t” build it as “we won’t” buy it. If they made exact copies of TZ, MM, TAF etc for $500, I wouldn’t buy them.

I *hate* China and the trillions of dollars of IC that they have stolen from the US and other countries. They commit every atrocity known to man and the rest of the world turns a blind eye. It’s disgusting.

*note - I hold no ill will towards the *people* of China. My sentiment is towards the Chinese government.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I guess you better throw away your computer and probably another 100 things you have around the house.....

There is a distinction between items legitimately manufactured in China and those that are blatantly copied without license. I think it reflects poorly on manufacturers (such as Apple) that utilize China to make their products, but that's very different than an unlicensed forgery of an existing pinball title.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Is this fact, or spec?

Seriously? Fact. Ask any large US manufacturer and they will give you plenty of examples where their product designs have been stolen and reproduced without permission.

I have first hand knowledge of many fatalities resulting from the use of knock-off wire rope and rigging products that were blatant forgeries. Chinese companies make an inferior product that looks identical - same color, same company name on the product, etc. When the product fails under 1/8 of the rated load of the genuine product, bad things happen. It’s sad to see - but only a microcosm of a much larger problem.

Here’s a lighter take on the situation if you care to watch:

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from curban:

I meant to suggest that they could dominate the market with new games if they wanted.

I don’t know if I could agree that Chinese made pinballs would “dominate the market”. It’s been attempted once and it currently holds the spot as the WORST modern pinball ever made:

53C968AE-1754-4162-886B-CF2554FEA905 (resized).png53C968AE-1754-4162-886B-CF2554FEA905 (resized).png

Which says a lot because Hercules is REALLY bad.

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

older rich boomer white guys who have a pretty dated view of the world

Wow - stereotype much? Please share what you know about me or anyone else in this thread. Hating the communist government of China and how they oppress their people, lie, cheat and steal isn’t a “dated view of the world”.

Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Probably a lot of parts sourced from China from the american pinball manufacturers.

No - not a “lot”. My understanding is cabinets, playfields, metal work, ramps are all made in the US. Microchips, LCD panels, LEDs, speakers, playfield inserts and some rubber is imported - but not entirely from China.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-from-china?tu=damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.