Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Thermionic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

proxy-image.gif
    proxy-image.gif
    LM-845IA-inside-1000x1000web (resized).jpg
    20190723134334_32355f65 (resized).jpeg
    20210813_092652 (resized).jpg
    53C968AE-1754-4162-886B-CF2554FEA905 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    canasta (resized).jpg
    231391460_1501234160228403_5726244542520560542_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 2 years ago

Wow! a Binpall Machine!

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

This post got me googling a little bit and all that really comes up for Pinball and China is:
    A HomePin factory tour.
    A showroom tour of a now defunct dealer.
    And a post from five years ago on PinSide about trying to find games to play in China and finding zero.
    There appears to be absolutely zero momentum for Pinball in China.

A great way to see how its seen in China is to use their search engines, like Baidu.

https://www.baidu.com/s?wd=pinball&pn=0&oq=pinball&ie=utf-8&usm=4&fenlei=256&rsv_idx=1&rsv_pq=8ccd560900027d1a&rsv_t=d7faH7VohdyRrl65FWQs5bXCBBKJSP4EPOh9InfuqHSF55XSJY7LOi0kTlE

Of course China has a different philosophy towards "knocking off" products. It is wrong of course.
    But if its a Product, then its usually a competitor, or new entry that says, "Copy this", in many cases.

Sometimes its actually our own greed for lower prices, and our own success.

I have had hundreds of products knocked off by my competition from Asia through the years...

#100 2 years ago

I know its common today to Bash China because of Politics over the Last few years.
    We can only start with ourselves, if we go back to the words that disagreed between Nixon and Kissinger.

China can make anything. and they make all different qualities.
    Sometimes vendors are forced into providing a lower price to get sales.
    I know this insanely from personal experience.

Take LEDs. To bring the bulbs to market, and to avoid the "One dead bulb, send me another for free" emails.
    I agreed to Pay .01 cent more per bulb, in a 2nd Quality control test, Pre last step packaging.
    I contracted to help with an additional build out and labor.
    When done, the 1 out of 100 issue dropped to almost nothing.

But where do you think the failed bulbs went? Not to the Supplier that paid more, but to the one who is always negotiating
    a lower price.

This happened in Jewelry, Puzzles, electronics, anything Ive ever had to change manufacturing to Asia, to stay in business, and meet large and small companies contracted bidding.

Manufacturing went from NYC, to rural, to Mexico, to Asia through the last 40 years. All Labor based.

So too often it isnt "China makes crap", it can often be their customers need and want larger margins. The result is China needs their
    profit margins too, so the only answer is to short materials, QC, or labor.

Should China every make an LE Pinball in Mass Volume, US prices might be $3K or less. I wouldnt want the Price, if it meant
    US companies shut down. Would you?

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I don't remember Japan torturing, enslaving, and murdering political disentents and ethnic minorities though.

WWII.

Most American views of China,
    and it's workers is shown with
    an Agenda behind it.
    In Orlando, 10 minutes from Disney,
    are both multi million dollar houses, as well as vine covered tin roof shacks from the 30s, that families still live in.
    If you were only shown one group of pictures the perception would be different.

#151 2 years ago

Its funny, when I was developing LEDs in China, Taiwan, and Malaysia, my contacts had no idea what a Pinball Machine
    was.
    I sent pictures, which was replied with, "OK" but no working knowledge.

For China, it took my rep around 3 months to find a friend that would give her access to US Internet. (illegaly)
    She finally saw some videos!!
    All of a sudden, many of the projects we were working on made more sense.

Playing a game for points, with keeping a ball active, and responding to mechs, lights and sounds, could not surpass
    how they saw Pachinko, the advanced crazy versions, or one ball type Bingo.
    The view was more to shoot, watch, reward.

The time spent playing pinball was confusing too.
    This was accompanied by not understanding why their was no immediate financial or product reward.
    Their games, constituted more "gambling" aspects.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-from-china?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.