Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Thermionic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

proxy-image.gif
    proxy-image.gif
    LM-845IA-inside-1000x1000web (resized).jpg
    20190723134334_32355f65 (resized).jpeg
    20210813_092652 (resized).jpg
    53C968AE-1754-4162-886B-CF2554FEA905 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    canasta (resized).jpg
    231391460_1501234160228403_5726244542520560542_n (resized).jpg
    There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 2 years ago

Its funny, when I was developing LEDs in China, Taiwan, and Malaysia, my contacts had no idea what a Pinball Machine
    was.
    I sent pictures, which was replied with, "OK" but no working knowledge.

For China, it took my rep around 3 months to find a friend that would give her access to US Internet. (illegaly)
    She finally saw some videos!!
    All of a sudden, many of the projects we were working on made more sense.

Playing a game for points, with keeping a ball active, and responding to mechs, lights and sounds, could not surpass
    how they saw Pachinko, the advanced crazy versions, or one ball type Bingo.
    The view was more to shoot, watch, reward.

The time spent playing pinball was confusing too.
    This was accompanied by not understanding why their was no immediate financial or product reward.
    Their games, constituted more "gambling" aspects.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I think the thing everyone is missing , is that some people from China decided to make a pinball machine , they could made anything else they wanted , but they came up with a pinball machine , instead of a claw machine or a redemption machine .
    We have to be happy about that , don't we .

Exactly! But I don't think they made it just because they like pinball. They wouldn't have made a pinball machine if they didn't think there was a market for it. And that they could sell it at profit.
    Would be interesting to know the price tag on this.
    This pin doesn't seem to offer much when it comes to the aesthetics, the layout or the rules.
    But if they stepped up a notch (or two) it could potentially be competition for the other manufacturers(!?)

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its funny, when I was developing LEDs in China, Taiwan, and Malaysia, my contacts had no idea what a Pinball Machine
    was.
    I sent pictures, which was replied with, "OK" but no working knowledge.
    For China, it took my rep around 3 months to find a friend that would give her access to US Internet. (illegaly)
    She finally saw some videos!!
    All of a sudden, many of the projects we were working on made more sense.
    Playing a game for points, with keeping a ball active, and responding to mechs, lights and sounds, could not surpass
    how they saw Pachinko, the advanced crazy versions, or one ball type Bingo.
    The view was more to shoot, watch, reward.
    The time spent playing pinball was confusing too.
    This was accompanied by not understanding why their was no immediate financial or product reward.
    Their games, constituted more "gambling" aspects.

This is the sad state of current arcades. The one in my local mall is 100% redemption, essentially teaching kids to develop the addictive response to gambling. This will likely end badly, at least in Europe and likely Canada, and it will give pinball a bad name because you can technically win free games. This has already caused issues for pinball via local bylaws.

1 week later
    #154 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

In high end hifi they've learned to build stuff that looks good on picture and reused a bunch of classic architectures from the 60s. Sound wise they suck because they use cheap components.

Eh, that sort of blanket criticism was a lot more applicable 15-20 years ago. Chi-Fi has more than come into its own over the past decade, and many of the products DO in fact compete in performance, quality, and reliability with the USA/Euro/Japanese “big boys” (all of whom use at least some China sourced component parts, BTW). Of course there are still plenty of $300 amps for sale on Alibaba that crib 60s Mullard and RCA designs and are made with el cheapo parts, but I am referring to the genuine "high end" products.

I picked that Line Magnetic amp pic to use as they are a good example of a company that really can compete with the best (and at $6000 it really isn't THAT much cheaper to buy). Look closely, and you will see that there are no "cheap components" in that amp; in fact they actually use a good amount of expensive "audiophile" parts made in US/Europe/Japan, and certainly don’t skimp on the power supply design. (That particular amp weighs 85 lbs.) Also of note, the circuit design and topology (single-ended using 20s-era triode transmitting tubes with a modern power supply design) of this amp bears virtually nothing in common with the amp designs of the 60s.

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-from-china/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.