9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by marsaplay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3.jpg
    2.jpg
    NEW_CANASTA.jpg

#1 9 years ago

They kinda look Boring, but we'll see. No Ramps, Toys, or Multi Ball. They do have a LEDs and a LED display as a translight. What do you guys think?

http://flippers.be/marsaplay.html

#2 9 years ago

I agree in that it looks boring. But it does have a lot of good, innovative features that I would like seen on future pins but Stern or any other manufacturer. Such as the magnetic switches, ribbon cable wiring harness, and of course the LED screen.

#3 9 years ago

Well, it is a remake, so that goes a long way towards describing the playfield. It is a bit odd though: would you remake a 25 year old game by a manufacturer that is out of business? Don't you think their first attempt didn't do so well, being that they're out of business?

#4 9 years ago

Could also be that they are testing their own internal abilities to manufacture, and figured that it would be easier to do that with a cheaply licensed machine with a simple design. And I read somewhere that the original Canasta was actually a popular machine in Spain, which would play well to the home audience.

-Hans

#5 9 years ago

I emailed them twice (in Spanish) in the last few months to ask if they had any N. American distributors yet and never heard back from them. I guess they're just building their first test run of 50 or so. I think it would be fun and guests would like its simple layout. Coupled with the feature that it takes your picture to put up with your score. I hope Stern orders a game......

#6 9 years ago

I am more impressed by some of the technology at work in these pins than I am with new sterns. No switches at all!? that is awesome, and the game does look quite fun, almost like a new EM style. I would buy one.

I think this is just a tech platform to test the waters, if they do well I am sure they will use this technology on more advanced games. Spanish pin makers have a great history, and to be honest I would put the Spanish made pins (sonic/segasa, playmatic) up against any others from Europe. Only Zacharia equals them.

#7 9 years ago

This pin is a remake of the "canasta '86"
    I hope I would have the chance to test one.

I wonder why they didn't keep square bumpers : a spanish tradition!

NEW_CANASTA.jpg

#8 9 years ago

They look like williams bumpers. Probably supply availability, reliability, and cost. I like the artwork/colors of the old one better.

#9 9 years ago

There are also a few pin makers in china, but the style/layout of many puts them more in the gambling category.

They aren't very expensive, around 500 if I recall, but shipping is a killer.

Guangzhou SiBo Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd
    2 http://www.siboelectronic.cn email: sales02@siboelectronic.com
    3 Tel:+86-20-39996683 Fax:+86-20-39996858
    4 Item No. Pic Description Dimension Unit Price(EXW) MOQ
    5 GM8108 Your browser may not support display of this image. PIN BALL MACHINE 174*130*63 US$460 5PCS
    6 GM8110 Your browser may not support display of this image. Black Pinball W49*D100*H156 US$529 5PCS

2.jpg 3.jpg

#10 9 years ago

I won't buy anything from china if I can help it. Especially kids toys, which means my son won't ever have anything from Fisher Price.

2 years later
    #11 7 years ago
    Quoted from seanymph:

I emailed them twice (in Spanish) in the last few months to ask if they had any N. American distributors yet and never heard back from them. I guess they're just building their first test run of 50 or so. I think it would be fun and guests would like its simple layout. Coupled with the feature that it takes your picture to put up with your score. I hope Stern orders a game......

Hello, my name is Daniela and I work for MarsaPlay
    I´m sorry for not answering to your emails.
    I'm living you here the email I am usong so if you have any questions about our machines replay to me at:
    marsaplay@yahoo.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 22.50
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    £ 20.00
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 218.00
    $ 39.50
    $ 7.00
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside