Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dkpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

office_space_cake.gif
    439353_stock-photo-pie-chart-of-the-different-piece-of-pie.jpg
    smokey.jpg
    IMG_20140621_064957.jpg
    vonniedscreamer.jpg
    1528541_1396716090617810_8408585026650898055_n.png
    von-d2.jpg
    von-d.jpg
    vonnie_d.jpg
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

Nice eyes and mouth. Looks like the Bride of Jacbot.

LTG : )™
    Disclaimer : No idea what it is, am looking forward to seeing more.

#52 9 years ago

It's going to be Furby pinball.

#53 9 years ago

Looks like a widebody.

#54 9 years ago

It's obviously Gumby.

#55 9 years ago

I think they thought of a new way to control the balls... or something like that.

#56 9 years ago

LOL at "predictions"

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deckmanmark:

LOL at "predictions"

Here is my contribution.

vonniedscreamer.jpgvonniedscreamer.jpg
    #58 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Here is my contribution.

vonniedscreamer.jpg 17 KB

That's the first thing I thought of too!

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

His partner Wes Upchurch?
    http://www.wesleyupchurchblog.com
    Runs a local arcade that used to be a pin pan alley:
    http://www.gunthersgames.com
    Has a side business selling incense
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_26/b4234058348635.htm

Ive got no problem with the real stuff but anybody involved in this BS synthetic stuff would raise some MAJOR red flags for me.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from VonnieD:

No matter I what I tell you, you won't believe me because you are a JayHawk fan and I am a Missouri Tiger

I prefer Stephen's chicks

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from dt3:

Ive got no problem with the real stuff but anybody involved in this BS synthetic stuff would raise some MAJOR red flags for me.

Thanks for pointing that out... I guess chalk one up for me being blissfully ignorant but I would've just taken that post at face value without opening the article...should've known something was up if someone was linking that...

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Here is my contribution.

vonniedscreamer.jpg 17 KB

That will help class up the joint.

#63 9 years ago

Wondering if this is going to be TWD or a vampire theme.
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/NJ2GiCA5kzg?autoplay=1&rel=0
    There is blood so it has to be good, right?

#64 9 years ago

I'd like another announcement before the announcement,
    please...

#65 9 years ago

Will be an original theme... (guessing).

#66 9 years ago

Imho it will be better than a lame used 10000000 times super hero or music theme!

#67 9 years ago

IMG_20140621_064957.jpgIMG_20140621_064957.jpg

When Vonnie D makes THEIR announcement?

#68 9 years ago

Hmmm. A Hillary Clinton pinball? You just don't see any tables themed after real politicians. (Would a Ted Kennedy pinball be fun?)

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deckmanmark:

A Hillary Clinton pinball?

She has Bill's shooter rod in her purse.

Kim

#70 9 years ago

12 hours left on the countdown.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

12 hours left on the countdown.

I wish.

1 day 2 hours 51 mins. puts it at Wednesday midnight Central time.

#72 9 years ago

Really? Mine says 12 hours. OK, I think I remember I've had this problem before with countdowns, something weird happens with different time zones.

#73 9 years ago

That is here in the USA. Where are you?
    It will be a USA company.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Kim

#75 9 years ago

Count down is zero and nothing happened !!!!

#76 9 years ago

The counter still shows 13 hours here. Hopefully their pinball programming will be a bit better

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from Compy:

The counter still shows 13 hours here. Hopefully their pinball programming will be a bit better

BAZINGA!

Like everyone else, I definitely want to see what this announcement is about

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Count down is zero and nothing happened !!!!

April Fools!

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

BAZINGA!
    Like everyone else, I definitely want to see what this announcement is about

Only kidding! I can't wait to see whats up either

#80 9 years ago

I wounder if at midnight they will show what machine they are going to build than the count down will reset at 2 years.

#81 9 years ago

The thing I don't get is they say "think pinball is dead?" in their video.

I'd say that would be debatable a few years ago (pre-JJP)... but today? I count this as being one of 13 active pinball companies (large and small) in the world. I'd say 13 pinball companies means pinball is far from dead.

Anyways, I am curious to see what they have cooking.

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deckmanmark:

You just don't see any tables themed after real politicians. (Would a Ted Kennedy pinball be fun?)

The world needs a Rob Ford pinball designed by JPop.

smokey.jpgsmokey.jpg

#83 9 years ago

Call it what you will, The announcement did what it was designed to do....generate talk and buzz. For the guys calling it a "problem"....Maybe it is, maybe it's not. That's your opinion and you have a right to voice it. I do find it a little funny however, you call it a problem that should stop yet you keep commenting about it thus bring it back up to the top where it gets even more attention.

My opinion is simple. No matter how it's advertised, promoted or brought to peoples attention, another company joining the once again growing world of pinball is a win for us.

#84 9 years ago

Hmm.. mystery original theme based on gremlins (the fable, not the movie). Not hearing anything more innovative than what planetary is already doing. However, Barry Oursler helping design.. Hells yea, bring that guy outta retirement!

Here's an interview of Barry at SFGE

439353_stock-photo-pie-chart-of-the-different-piece-of-pie.jpg439353_stock-photo-pie-chart-of-the-different-piece-of-pie.jpg
    office_space_cake.gifoffice_space_cake.gif

#85 9 years ago

After having watched their 'press conference' video it certainly interests me as to how Kickstarter can be used to produce new pinball start-ups. If their venture is successful it would certainly promising that Kickstarter could be a more approachable way for others with great ideas for games who do not have the money to invest in producing them.

#86 9 years ago

I think your count down clock is broken.

#87 9 years ago

what a big fake ha ha

#88 9 years ago

So basically, They're making a "Press Your Luck" game show pinball?

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

no harm in being made aware and watching the development
    » YouTube video
    just don't forget those interested overseas.

What on Earth was that, it shows me nothing... And really does not make me want to invest.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

What! Who thinks pinball is dead this year? We have more pins being announced than ever before!

WTF!!

#91 9 years ago

Not sure the play-field layout looks any good...

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Thanks for pointing that out... I guess chalk one up for me being blissfully ignorant but I would've just taken that post at face value without opening the article...should've known something was up if someone was linking that...

Don't want to read the article, then just watch the video;

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Not sure the play-field layout looks any good...

lol, not sure? Looks like a train wreck of a FP blueprint. I'm guessing tested with FP scatter angles.

Expect it to be heavily altered when it comes to fixing real flippers.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Kim

No, just his balls.

#95 9 years ago

Definitely interested to see how that kickstarter works out. Midnight Syndicate for audio is very cool for sure, and Barry Oursler is a huge plus! Not sure I'm a fan of them only having a Future Pinball mockup though... it would have been nice to at least see the start of a legit whitewood even if it did little more then just pulse the flippers and jets.

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

An announcement of a website with an announcement pending. Awesome. Are they going to be announcing they are starting to make a pinball to be finished in the next 3-5 years, but will be taking deposits now?

And now that the announcement is out I'm sure people have change their opinion on this post lol

#97 9 years ago

What ever happened to creating a business plan based on actual market research and borrowing capital at a reasonable interest rate or selling a minority ownership stake? Oh, that's right.... this is pinball. It's different with pinball because it's special and the rules of business go right out the windows because personalities and collectors are not troubled with the realities of timelines, costs and production requirements.

Just go out and buy yourself a dream and maybe in a decade or so you will be pleasantly surprised with the greatest pinball machine ever made.... or not.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

I think they thought of a new way to control the balls... or something like that.

"I'll have to talk to my wife" Multiball?

#100 9 years ago

If any mods are watching, delete this message, lock the thread, and make catboxer's quote the end of this thread. It won't get any better than that.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-company-start-up-in-missouri-vonnie-d-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.