Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by turbo20lbs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cab.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I have nothing to do with these, but I thought some people might be interested. $680 each.

chicago.craigslist.org link

cab.jpgcab.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Interesting.
    Anyone have any customer feedback on their product?

#3 11 years ago

Ill give you guys the full story shortly

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Ill give you guys the full story shortly

Sounds interesting...

#5 11 years ago

Hey guys,

Let me start off by saying Jeremy has been good to work with, the cabs he built for me were sent back to him and he is working hard to get them right. Now the full story:

So I am about to work on two AFM and I was going to tear down the cabs, bondo, sand, prime, sand, etc. and thought it would be nice to just do brand new cabs. I just go done doing two TAF cabs and it was such a crappy process that I didn't want to have to do it again. I contacted the seller of the cabs and asked if he could do pinball cabs. He said yea, not a problem we do everything by hand.

So I had him come out and take a look at some cabs. I showed him how they were put together and what I wanted. I then gave him TAF cab I just got done priming to take with him as a template and noted all the differences between that and AFM. A week went by and he showed up at my place with two new painted cabs.

Sadly the cabs were way off. The paint was rolled on and full of dust and crap, I showed him how it was too rough and not usable by putting a part of a new decal on it. He agreed. The cab was not jointed properly at the coin door to the sides, actually it was not even at a 45, it was a front coin door piece that fit between the two sides. The bottom of the cab was screwed together, one cab on the inside the other cab on the bottom. The back box was wrong, hole locations were wrong, the speaker mount wasn't square in the cab and countless other things.

He had a great attitude and took them back, we went through everything that the cabs should look like and how they need to come out. He is trying again now and I will report back with some pictures to show people. I have reduced my order to one cab as there is no reason to order more than one until he gets it right. I would say there is potental to have nice new cabs made by them, they are just in the development stage.

Does anyone know of others that make new cabs? I would really like to see some quality cabs at a decent price, hopefully I can help these guys get these cabs there, but with out cnc do you think it can be done?

#6 11 years ago

It was done without CNC at the factories for 50+ years...pretty sure it can be done.

I am glad to see that I wasn't crazy to mentally note that there were no corner supports anywhere in those pics, LOL.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

It was done without CNC at the factories for 50+ years...pretty sure it can be done.
    I am glad to see that I wasn't crazy to mentally note that there were no corner supports anywhere in those pics, LOL.

Those were made, but made out of 1 by 1s and not put in the cab. I told him we need to go with 1.5 by 1.5 and cut them to be a triangle to properly fit and look good.

#8 11 years ago

Here's some really good reproduction cabinets:

http://www.letsplaypinball.com/cabinets.html

#9 11 years ago

thats getting pretty expensive. Nice though.

#10 11 years ago

The best replacement cabs out right now are from Lets Play Pinball.

www.letsplaypinball.com

#11 11 years ago

I saw the ad on CL as well. What I found most interesting is the workshop environment in the pics. Is he seriously cutting and sanding wood in a carpeted living room somewhere ?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-cabinets-on-craigslist-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.