Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamprat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#430 10 years ago

I have just caught up with this epic thread. One of the funniest reads I have had so far this year. If you only read one thread this year, make it this one!
Pretty ordinary to ban entire countries due to a thin skin.Put me on the banned list too please.

#464 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"Mad Max Beyond Thunderbird"

Brilliant!

#544 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

No thanks, I'll pass....

I will also be passing on anything douchepin related on principal.
This guy and his bitch with a skinned knee attitude makes me ashamed to be an Australian.
He is a dead set clown.

2 months later
#735 10 years ago

It would be nice to see some pf shots, gameplay video etc before asking people to dig into the pockets.

1 month later
#761 10 years ago

I put a deposit down, it is a theme I love and at a price that is way cheaper than a stern pro shipped to Aus.
I'm happy to take a punt.

1 month later
#763 10 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Bump. Might want to update how this is coming along old boy.

I decided to get my deposit back.

#765 10 years ago

What caused you to do this?

A change of mind.

#792 10 years ago

Looks like we got ourselves a wise guy. Think old mike will struggle with all the boutique pins coming out, cutting off the entire continent of north America and no apparent imput from any established pinball designers. He's gone all out on a new factory in the PRC so let's hope he at least breaks even.

I don't want to go into big details as to why I am not going ahead with purchasing of this machine other than to say I am not very happy with the homepin brand of customer service with regards to the game itself and what it will look and play like. I need something more tangible than a " it will all be fine, or use your imagination"
All the best to anyone who is purchasing this game, I hope it is a killer pin.

#895 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

nice cars and girls but the top one is a ferrari 355

There are cars in those pics?

#896 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Here are a couple pics of a Mustang and a T-Bird you can see at a glance they are totally different rides.

mustang.jpg 64 KB

tbird.jpg 61 KB

#906 10 years ago

That's not much of an update.

1 month later
#958 10 years ago
Quoted from Zuel:

Don't sweat it Homepin. Guys like that don't have any money for pinball machines. They're just trolls. Ignore them.

I buy pinball machines, I had a deposit down but when I asked what the game/playfield would be like and what the toys might do I was told to wait for the machine,use my imagination and not bother people with such silly questions.
Needless to say I pulled my deposit.
Game may be great and worth the wait in time, however that type of sheer arrogance is crap at the best of times but to come from someone who has no runs on the board producing pinball machines is purely laughable.

#961 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Hi,
It was clearly explained right fom day one that I would be concentrating on getting the factory up and running (from scratch) and that to offer advance information on graphics and artwork would take time and money and slow down the entire project (ask JJP) as approval MUST be sought every time a public release is made. This is no simple or easy thing and I'll bet is one reason JJP were delayed by YEARS! Most probably have little idea of just how much is involved when dealing with a third party owner of IP.
This was made 100% clear to all people including yourself BEFORE you placed a deposit. There were no secrets or suprises here. You requested a refund (I suspect because the Christmas bills piled higher than you may have counted on?) and you received it the next business day.
In the end I will run my business how I see fit - as does Jack and also Stern. I will do what I believe is required to get things moving and to assemble a quality product in a timely fashion that will add to the pool of pinball machines out there - to be frank I am quite stunned at the negativity and anger towards me and my efforts by a small minority?
Is this jelousy or something else because I can see no valid reason for it. Homepin currently has six titles in various stages of creation and negotiation, we are not a "one hit wonder" so if Thunderbirds isn't your thing perhaps one of the others might be? Worth considering before bad mouthing my efforts. Before people start speculationg, no, I cannot release ANY information on any of them just yet.

You promised regular updates on the game ages ago....that still have not surfaced.
What you put out instead is regular updates on your factory, yeah that's a big help.
Speculating on my deposit now...lol...you are a piece of work.
My dollars are my decision, I pulled my dollars because your customer service is poor and misleading and your arrogance is astounding.
Misleading information and poor customer service from you all the way.
You are not a hit or a wonder yet, just another salesman full of hot air trying to hawk their goods.

#973 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Well, beyond all the vitriol, I think a Thunderbirds pin could have the *coolest* toys out there (and I'm not talking about animated marionettes). I look forward to seeing the layout someday, and maybe even having a chance to get one if it turns out great.

I agree and despite all the bullshit I do hope the game is great as I am a huge fan of the theme.

1 month later
#977 10 years ago

How about a real TBAG update that is actually on the game, not all this antiquated production equipment.
I could care less about factory related nonsense!

3 weeks later
#979 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Wamprat.. does it matter? You've played this out on the Australian sites and made your position clear. No one really cared there about your " put down deposit and remove it because you don't have updates on what you want".. so you continue to play it out here. Bottom line is that you don't have a vested interest in this anymore but you still demand updates on the game to stroke your ego.. let it go my friend. you have no money invested in this ( same as me) so you have no right to demand anything. What does it matter to you? All you are doing is trying to stir negativity which is what you do on all pinball forums.. let it go pal - you are like a dog with a rotten bone

Oh I beg to differ, other people do care and I can ask for whatever I see fit to ask for.
I am not the only person that is not interested in antiquated production gear etc but the game itself.
I am not the only one asking these questions.
I know mike is your mate, I get it.
People are entitled to opinions, I respect yours even though I do not agree with it.
All of the rest of the tripe you have sprouted is simply that...tripe.
Get over yourself and let the world turn.

#981 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Well the way it played out for you was that the game was announced.. you thought the theme was great but clearly stated that you would want to see the layout/ PF etc before putting any money down and commiting. You continued to ask on the Australian Pinball forum for more updates/ sneak peaks so you could commit to buy.. Mike's stance was the same throughout.. there would be no sneak peaks... again, you continue to ask for some even pleading at one point. Mike's stance was stoic.
You then declare that you have put down a deposit regardless and quote: "have put my money where my mouth is".
Roll on a bit later and continued requests by you for public updates to which Mikes reply was exactly the same as it always was and then you spit the dummy and take your deposit back.
Fair enough.. you are no longer part of the roller coaster TAG.. but its you that changed your mind TWICE when the way this was going to be played out was very clear to all right from the start... im just wondering why you are still beating on about it?

What a load of bullshit and so typical of you.

I still think the theme is great and I do hope the game turns out well for all those concerned but......

I was told there would be game updates that would be released regularly, that is why I put a deposit down.
I was mislead...plain and simple.
I pulled my money because Mike is arrogant and misleading, had nothing to do with anything else. Why should you care?
Changed my mind only once but I can change whatever the fuk I want..has noithing to do with you..again why should you care?
Aussie pinball is a censorship riddled cesspool of yes men with regards to this title and just about everything else.
Anything even slightly negative is deleted on aussie pinball.

You and Mike should seriously get a room so you can TBAG the night away.

#990 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Nope.. I went to the TAG thread on AP and re read right through to make sure what I was stating here was correct

You did not read the email I got when enquiring about placing a deposit stating that there would be regular game updates.

6 months later
#1022 9 years ago

According to the Homepin website the game can still be purchased for $5432.10 Aus $$ if payed in full.

http://www.homepin.com/po.html

#1026 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But that price is fob china. Need to ad at least $1500 for freight/duty/gst to Australia.

Yeah, still gotta pay the extras.

#1028 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So the landed price will be similar to a Stern Pro. Hoping the build quality and extra toys made possible by building in china will justify the price.

Even though I have had my piece to say about the Homepin brand of customer service I really hope this game is big hit.

5 months later
#1055 8 years ago

This is the update you get when your not getting a update.

8 months later
#1061 8 years ago

I heard a rumor that JPOP is working on this game, apparently a email was sent out to the pre order crew of this game outlining his involvement.

#1063 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

is that an attempt at humor?

Nope.

#1107 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Who all demand $80/hr to get out of bed in the afternoon.

Now that is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.

#1116 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

yep its more like $79. anyone who has actually hired Australian workers know exactly why he went to china.

What a load of crap.

#1139 8 years ago

I wonder if the pinball will surface this year or not?

#1142 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

have either of you actually ORDERED the machine?

Original pre-order but got a refund due to crap customer service and a lack of faith in the pre order model in general.
I may not like mike but I like pinball and the theme so naturally I am keen to see it. I may buy it if and when it is in Aus distributor hands to sell and I have played it and liked it.

#1145 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

If you got that refund when you asked, then he did the right thing by you...
do you reckon to still keep hanging it on him is the decent thing to do? he didnt wrong you. you got your money. walk away and come back when its done.

Keep hanging on him, I don't believe I am doing any such thing. If I was hanging on him as you say I would have been banned ages ago.
But to keep this in perspective, it's a pre-order, it's release date has come and gone, there is no game released and the company is accountable. It's no different to JJP, DP, Heighway or whoever, they are all in the same boat imo. Pinball sites like Pinside aa or any other pinball site will speculate and pass opinions about it, that's what goes on.
Lets hope it's killer when it gets here but until then there will continue to be talk.

#1150 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Reasonable opinion but we dont quite agree.. I really only think hes accountable to people with money on the table. I think hes done the right thing by you and in your case the file is closed.
This generic pinball customer sense of entitlement to be 'owed' something by vendors drives me mad.. you arent owed anything you havent put money down on. if tomorrow he says "screw it im buying a pub" and pays everyone back ...that should be the end of it.
no money on the table .. no right to bang your fist on it .. thats my view.

Mike started the banging, I'm just trying to keep the beat in time.

#1154 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

just for fun ..how about lets change tune and see how being a little more supportive instead of propagating 2yo banging works out?

Just for fun, lets see a pre order game actually be delivered on time.
Now that would be something worth supporting!

1 month later
#1253 8 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

I was going through my boxes of pinball stuff and came across this little keepsake Mike sent me in 2014. Will be worth $5K by Christmas.
Scan_3_(resized).jpeg
Scan_4_(resized).jpeg

I sacrificed that to the pinball gods years ago.

4 months later
2 months later
#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Is this still the plan, to sell pinball machines as a kit? We love Team America and so do most of our friends. We are all Aussies. Team America is a take off of the Thunderbirds.

Team America is one of my dream pinball themes.
You could always re-theme tbag into ta I guess.

#1498 7 years ago

I heard the same news, that there was no news.

3 weeks later
#1634 7 years ago

It's not an Australian product, it is being made in China.
It's laughable and a slap in the face to Aussies to call this an Australian product.
Only the dribbling sycophantic supporters would have you believe this is a Australian pinball machine.

#1637 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the other side of the globe a product can be made in Mexico, but still considered made in America.

When it is actually made in Mexico?
Amazing

#1639 7 years ago

I hope that China's first pinball " Thunderbirds are go " is a really big hit and paves the way for many more Chinese pinballs in the future.

#1645 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Australian Funded, Australian owned factory, Australian Code, Parts designed by an Australian, Graphic Design by an Australian.
I assume then that Apple is not an American Company. Because if we go by your logic then a great American Company named Apple, must be a Chinese company too. Mostly everything that Apple sells is made in China. Yet I still consider Apple as an American company. The same goes for many things funded by the US. Many of their blockbusters are filmed overseas, by foreign filmmakers and crew, with foreign actors, they they are still considered American productions. You get my point.

If it is not made in Australia it is NOT an Australian product.
You can put all the spin on it you like but the FACT remains if it does not carry one of these it will NOT be considered as an Australian product. And rightly so!
Will TAG have this?

am (resized).jpgam (resized).jpg

#1647 7 years ago

Crowe is a KIWI.

#1653 7 years ago

It wasn't lost, I just corrected you on your obvious mistake.

1 week later
#1773 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Wait? People got all bothered? If i remember correctly you actually insulted american's quite rudely. That may have been the source of their anger. It's all in this thread. Go back to the first few pages for screenshots of you insulting americans as well as having text on your website doing the same. Don't play the victim.

Surely there was an open apology on Pinside to Pinside and the USA?
Look...more pictures of parts!

#1775 7 years ago

I'm very interested to see it, whenever that is.

Slow hand clap for Mike....Yay!

3 weeks later
#1825 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I just watched this set tour of the Thunderbirds Are Go set at Weta Studio's New Zealand. I just love these real sets that have been built. Although the characters in the new show are animated, they use real filming sets and models. I miss the marionettes, but the sets and models are fantastic.
» YouTube video

Pity the new show is a absolute yawnfest and about as interesting as watching grass grow. It is so bad it is funny!
Hopefully the pin will leave that pos in it's dust.

#1828 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Right, the show is rubbish. I have it 4 episodes hoping it got better before giving up. Nowhere near as good as the original. The pin will be better than the new show.

I gave it 10 mins of episode one before switching off laughing at it's stupidity.
I have my fingers crossed for the game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamprat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=wamprat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.