Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunfox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

Or how about what's the better cancelled cult sci-fi television show theme: Thunderbirds, or Futurama...

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

The 1st Aussie pinball manufacturer.. yay

Technically, they will be built in China. Though I guess you could do like Apple... "Designed in Australia".

#131 10 years ago

LOL, this is absolutely hilarious! Maturity and sound business acumen at its finest. But somehow, not that surprising - in his previous bashing of the WOZ hardware platform (I guess he can dish it out but not take even a tiny bit himself?), when questioned on the reasons for his point of view and how alternative systems would avoid similar issues, instead of supporting his arguments he just leaves in a huff.

Population of the United States and Canada: 348,380,000.
Unique posters in this thread: well less than 100.

The winner: grey market dealers.

#141 10 years ago

Oh my god. The website has gone even worse!

homepin.jpghomepin.jpg

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from -Ian-:

I'm hoping it's just a simple case of "having a bad day", and the ugliness that has been the last 24 hours or so, can be moved passed.

Eh... based on previous Homepin discussions, this is SOP... granted, taken to a shining new level.

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Don't take the decision too personally.

Screw the decision! I know [some] Australians and friends of Mike will be defensive, but it's the utterly a-hole way the guy went about it that's soured a lot of us on Homepin as both a business and a member of the community.

A few people out of 350 million don't like the theme, so he "gets back" by calling all Americans and Canadians "idots with small minds" right on the front of his homepage - and right on Canada Day none the less, our day of national pride!

And in this thread, these doozies:

Quoted from Homepin:

I have almost decided that I will not make this machine available to the USA market. I may not even include an option for 110V.

The USA was never an intended market. There are 200 other countries..............

Have fun in the USA living in your sheltered world.

I'm busy now - taking the "post to the USA" option off my website for boards I make because I don't think I will sell them to anyone in the US anymore - ByeBye.

Yes, I am taking my bat and ball and going home (if any of you actually understand that).

Quoted from Homepin:

...I don't want or need American customers, thanks but no thanks, you just are not worth the trouble. Stick to Stern and JJP - they know best.

...I can honestly say that for all the customers I have had from the USA there are about 5 who actually were appreciative - the rest, well - you get the picture.

...There is another reason they can get lost but I am instructed not to mention it publically - the above should be enough to make my point crystal clear.

Has he offered even an insincere apology for his bigoted attitude? Nope. Clearly this wasn't someone merely having a bad day - this is the way he really thinks and behaves.

Building an entire pinball from scratch is extremely difficult. Finding people to buy them takes hard work and a good reputation. Supporting customers with questions and problems requires godly amounts of patience. A thick skin is needed to listen to criticism both warranted and unwarranted of your product, but it's a necessary part of selling to the public.

This is clearly not a man with the temperament to succeed at any of these things.

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I'm Aussie and not defending homepin's attitude or statements...

Good point. Guilty of doing exactly what I'm complaining about! Added the word "some" (and I mention it simply because I'm seeing quite a bit of support on the Australian forums - my favorite being "Mike is just being Mike, and we can respect his honesty, which can be a very rare thing in the pinball game").

#387 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I am not sure but i think UK has 110 volts and we have 220. So, every electric machine needs an adjustment if your moving or selling to or from UK.

Most of Europe (including the UK) is 230v/50hz. North America is 120v/60hz. Those are the two most standard systems worldwide, with official ranges on the voltage side from 220-240v and 110-127v, plus Japan with an odd mix of 100v 50 *and* 60Hz.

#487 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe that your flipper opto patent expired in June. If it expired then the public essentially owns the invention from then on.

Yeah, looks like it expired a couple weeks ago.

#489 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I wonder if there's like a 30 day grace period for renewal?

I assume you're joking?

If not, patent terms are limited to 20 years from date of application (1995 onwards; prior to that also 17 years from date of issue, whichever is longer, which actually does extend some of them).

Looks like a whole bunch of fun Williams patents are expiring this year and next... some good ideas in there!

#522 10 years ago

Well... it's a bit like when he left the WOZ hardware thread mid-discussion. But he's still around, warning others with stuff like "I shudder to think what will be involved swapping a mainboard in a WOZ...." and supporting the inappropriateness of WOZ using a PC with the 2 hours it took him to get a barcode printer driver working (???). So, I'm sure he'll still be where the audience is more like-minded.

In another place I was trying to get him to understand that what he said here and on his site wasn't cool, regardless of his later excuses for why he said it... but let's just say he didn't get the picture. Oh well.

1 week later
#569 10 years ago

Well... Mike/Homepin has accused me of stirring the pot against him by sharing what he's publically written - such as that screenshot above.

1 week later
#607 10 years ago

I used to run Renegade.

#623 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

All of the above, I wrote TradeWars2002

Wow, I was so addicted to that! We had it on our BBS. Still have a complete copy of the thing...

1 month later
#678 10 years ago

LOL, I love the "about" features page, which is quite detailed in telling you what they WON'T be doing.

http://www.homepin.com/abouttag.html

* Standard pinball cabinet width & size
* LED DMD (no distracting and unreliable LCD screens)
* Homepin is not trying to re-invent pinball, far from it. The most popular machines are standard cabinet, DMD pinballs. There are very valid reasons for this. They are not too heavy or awkward to move around yet provide a great playing experience without taking too much space.

* Embedded Microcontrollers - (there are NO personal computer parts used)
* Homepin is using time tested and proven electronics for the control system (called 'embedded controllers') the same as all Solid State (SS) pinball manufacturers have used since the inception of SS machines and that the largest pinball manufacturer in the world still uses to this day. Embedded controllers are industrial quality and are used in many things you use every day such as remote controls, air conditioners, microwave ovens, cars, TV & stereo systems and thousands more. They are reliable and proven to the point that you probably didn't even know they were used in these everyday products.
* The Homepin control system will NOT use any personal computor (PC) parts as they are not intended for use in industrial applications such as pinball machines and would create longer term repair issues.

Gee, I wonder who he's trying to remind us of here? Gottlieb? Nah. Capcom? Maybe... Oh, I know! Zizzle!

I also appreciate his humble nature:

Working at this electronics factory gave Mike the extra level of expertise that many are not fortunate enough to possess and gives him an extraordinary understanding and competence in the complete electronic manufacturing process. Combine that background with 35 years of practical experience in the amusement industry, his many electronics design projects undertaken for commercial applications and his business experience in China and this creates a very unique combination of skill sets that few possess.

#686 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Lol.
I bet the scores will be tabulated on an abacus too.

Be careful if you ever visit China. Old school just might seek revenge on new-fangled.

#727 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Thunderbirds is one word, would make it TAG

True, but it's a compound word, and I think if you were to shorten "Thunderbirds" by itself you'd use "TB" versus "T", just like Transformers is shortened to "TF"... and Rollercoaster Tycoon is "RCT".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunfox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=sunfox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.