Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1181 8 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Why did HomePin decide to move all operations and production to China? He's depriving local Australian workers of jobs within Australia of building the machines.

He wanted to give the Chinese counterfeitters a head start on running him out of business if the vaporware ever materializes.

#1182 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

no money on the table .. no right to bang your fist on it .. thats my view.

I read this in the Predator thread, I read this in the Magic Girl Thread. I still read it in TBL thread and I'm still reading it here. You true-believers need to escape your wishful thinking and move on with your life. If the guy is successful, we'll all have a chance to buy one, but if he failed, many of you who have already paid for the failure will need to accept reality sooner or later. Enjoy your denial, True-Believers!

#1183 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I admire him for the fact he is doing his best to keep their dream alive, it would have been easy to just walk away.......it's just pinball at the end of the day.
He also showed pic of Back box side art .... Looks cool with a twist!

It's too bad that he has personal as well as business problems to overcome, but that doesn't change the fact that he accepted money for something he's struggling to complete. Is your "investment" insured against his untimely demise? If I was going to do a preorder, I'd demand a completion bond with liquidated damages for late delivery... regardles of the reasons.

Since this is so unlikely, I will never pre-order. If a guy can't source the capital to be in business, the business is a non-starter.

#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

BFD It's his vision, blood, sweat, and tears - not yours. Let him play it out without all the sniping and judgement. Give the guy a break. He just lost his wife.

This is total bullshit! Suffering the loss of his wife does not exempt him from previous commitments. If it did, he needed an insurance policy to repay the prefunders. The loss of a loved one warrants one month reprieve at the most. This project is much longer off the rails than that.

1 month later
#1241 8 years ago

When are you pre-order guys going to realize that a contract without a completion bond and liquidated damages provision is only a license to steal..... from you.

#1249 8 years ago

Contracts require performance bonds and liquidated damages for delays. I don't think valid excuses are acceptable without cost in the real world. And we all know that pinball manufacturing exists in neverland (except for stern). I really don't know why anyone should believe your secret handshake inside info, rob. We've all heard exactly these things in the recent past from others with the "secret" knowledge. You're probably just an employee or vendor anyway.

In other words, your assurances are worth exactly what we pay for them. I especiallly like how you say "no one's business" when the guy is sitting on prepayments. You should reassess what you know and what you say.

2 months later
#1269 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

... Think what you like, just stop replying to me, .. its a pretty simple request that.. see if you can handle it.

Is this a kind of "I get the last word" argument? There are a lot of sensitivities here...

#1270 8 years ago

I just can't help but think of JPOP when I see little details like this.

Do you think a technician repairing a failure will be impressed? These details are the kind of things that culminate into failure. It demonstrates an inability to stay focused on the goal..

And if anyone needs to be reminded, the goal is to deliver games to customers. How can anyone behind schedule spend even a moment on strange and useless things like this? Will the final brackets be stamped, or should we expect to see productions pieces cut with a water jet (or whatever was used) and bent on a press brake?

bracket_(resized).jpgbracket_(resized).jpg

5 months later
#1569 7 years ago

My Lord, I drained this topic 5 months ago and jumped to the last 100 posts just a few minutes ago. Mike is still making excuses and bitching out anyone who questions why "his" Chinese factory can't produce a game. Then responds with this gem:

"Once all of our "bread & butter" mechanisms are completed we will be in a position to move forward"

This is just 2 days ago. Don't bother responding... already drained again. I'll post back the same crap in another 6 months.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=sadsack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.