Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

Wow...that's a really strange theme to license. Obscure 1 season show from the 60's? Makes Jack's WOZ pick look brilliant. Oh well...good luck to them.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Two seasons, two movies, and a live action remake. Never missed one. Gerry Anderson has a huge following.

Movies were flops, live action movie tanked. Just seems like one of those things that has a few hardcore fans but the general public is unaware of it and/or doesn't care about it. I imagine most people today who ARE actually aware of it owe that awareness to Team America vs. ever seeing the actual show. Seems like a relatively obscure nostalgia old thing... But hey, I really want a culty old thing Big Lebowski pin, so...who knows. It's completely off my radar, but perhaps there's an audience for it.

Tmontana, add a poll! I'm curious as to how many Pinsiders find this to be an interesting theme.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

At the end of the day, theme is forgotten if it is a good pin.
Congo? Shit movie. Good pin.
Addams Family? Shit movie. Good pin.

Actually Addams was a pretty good movie...matter of opinion, of course, but it was a hit when it came out and inspired a sequel which most people liked even more than the original.

When the Addams and Congo themes were chosen, they were new movies at the time. Addams was expected to be a well received theme due to the theme being well known throughout the years, and Congo was expected to be a hit due to Michael Crichton's previous hit with Jurassic Park. So...at the time those themes were chosen, it made total sense. Does it make sense to pick Thunderbirds in 2013?

In any case - who is behind Homepin? Industry vets, hobbyists with a dream, or whut?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

THUNDERBIRDS has a massive cult following right across Europe,Asia, Australia etc.. when Mike told me the theme I said that US customers just wont "get it"... seems I may have been right..BTW... who is "Team America"?... it obviously didn't travel well overseas.
The pin is going to be awesome.. some of the features ( yet to be released) will make this a unique machine.
VERY exciting news indeed!

Team America was an homage/spoof of Thunderbirds by the creators of South Park

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from TheBigShow:

Futurama still going strong, it was bought back by public demand!

Nope, cancelled again. The new eps that are airing right now on Comedy Central are the last.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I have almost decided that I will not make this machine available to the USA market. I may not even include an option for 110V.
The USA was never an intended market. There are 200 other countries..............
Have fun in the USA living in your sheltered world.
I'm busy now - taking the "post to the USA" option off my website for boards I make because I don't think I will sell them to anyone in the US anymore - ByeBye.
Yes, I am taking my bat and ball and going home (if any of you actually understand that).

Wow... A few US pinheads are like "oh, that's a weird theme" and really the only response needed was "this is huge in other countries". Done...it's called a discussion...people share their experiences and learn from each other....but you go and turn it into a nationalistic xenophobic tantrum. The irony is that you come off as the small minded sheltered maniac you think WE are. It's clear you have your stereotypes, but we're not all what you think we are.

It was totally within your power to become Jack 2.0 but YOU have chosen Wayne 2.0. You will only have yourself to blame when you alienate potential customers this early in the process...we can only imagine what it will be like down the line. You don't have to be an American to see that you have a really short fuse.

Alrighty, in solidarity with my nice Australian friends, I'm gonna go watch "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" See you next Tuesday, Homepin!

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

If my stance on not selling to the USA bothers you that's fine - you can get your parts elsewhere. I am not in this "for the money" and that point has been missed by most. I am doing it because it's what I love to do. That's what makes me different. Comments like "you have cut off 75% of your market" mean nothing to me - so what? I don't care - like I said, it IS NOT about the money.
There is another reason they can get lost but I am instructed not to mention it publically - the above should be enough to make my point crystal clear.

Well then...it's settled. F Thunderbirds, F your company, and F you.

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wouldn't drive a block to buy anything from this boob.

Please don't insult boobs like that.

#358 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I believe he said 2000, with some of them in build it yourself kits. I'd be down for one of those.

You're banned! NO CREEPY IRRELEVANT 60's PUPPETS FOR YOOOUUUUU!!!!!

#363 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll find a way!

You mean -
"Awl foind a wai, mate!"

#375 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He cut his number to be built in half from 2000 to 1000 so said he on the Aussie forum. So I guess the us market is insignificant. So insignificant he cut the run in half.

Keep cutting it till the number hits zero. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it never gets completed. PLACE YOUR BETS!

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

yes and a new Mad Max Fury Road movie is coming out as well in 2014

Hey so, will your MM's be done by then?

7 months later
#938 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

why did you have to ruin a perfectly rational and constructive post by being a prat at the end?

Don't blame the messenger. Homepin's own words led to this.

#960 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

In the end I will run my business how I see fit

...like a thin-skinned antagonistic maniac?

#963 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

If you like I could post your emails but I refuse to get involved in this and I will not bother posting on Pinside - I now fully understand why JJP and Stern don't post on here............does that help the pinball community?

Other pinball makers are always relatively professional when posting. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything without being massively defensive. I always picture you as one of those cartoon characters with a bright red face and smoke coming out of your ears.

Can you be self-aware enough to know what a horrible personality you have? If so, you can fix it! Try being a happier, humble, and more chill individual. It will not only do wonders for your personal life, but your business as well.

1 year later
#1189 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

It took Jersey Jack two and a half years for WoZ
It has taken another three years to produce Hobbit
I'll give Mike the same leeway when it come to building TAG

Thunder Are Go? Nah, it's TBAG.

4 months later
#1322 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

For reasons I don't know, this site doesn't allow those links to work so it would require that I spend additional time to fit with this sites requirements. I don't do that just the same as I won't do it for other sites that might also require "different" things.
I do have some time to update things but not additional time to pander to an individual sites "strange" requirements.

It's not strange. You literally just drag a picture to a box. The end. Done. It's easier then writing up multiple diatribes about how this site is doing it wrong.

3 months later
#1477 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I have said before I will stop contributing to this thread if posts are not constructive or enquiring - seems we have reached that point again.
No wonder so many flee this site, I'm done for a while!!!

Bye, Felecia!

#1483 7 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Everytime this topic gets interesting, with some nice pics and info, some fools like pinsanity and rarehero mess it up.

Oh please - sensitive flower big baby Mike already declared he was leaving before I even said anything. ANYTHING anyone says sets him off. Either kiss his ass or he cries foul. Who does he think he is, Australian Trump? This is a guy trying to make a pinball business. We're potential customers. His whole "I'm doing YOU a favor" attitude stinks.

#1508 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Your constant stirring does nothing to positively contribute to, well, anything really, so how about you just give it a rest.

Your bad attitude and thin skin constantly shows us you're not a person who's business any of us should want to support. The contempt you have for your customers is palatable...and yes - anyone reading this site are all potential customers. Are you remotely capable of taking the high road and being positive yourself? Asking others to behave in a way you yourself are incapable of is the height of hypocrisy.

#1512 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Pinsanity is most unlikely to ever be "a customer" of Homepin and to be frank, I don't want him as one.
I am looking after those who had faith in my project right from the start and THEY are all happy - that is all that matters to me at the moment.
Comments from stirrers and keyboard warriors are of no value to my project and of no help to those waiting for completion. If they were I would encourage them.
I speak it as I see it. If it rubs you the wrong way then it seems you are the one with the thin skin.

I'm not one who thinks acting like a dick is a great way to sell pinball machines. My skin is irrelevant to a thread about your product.

#1519 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

We got a one man crusade here. Can we just see some pinball man...the world is falling a apart, Taliban, Isis, lone wolves shooters, Trump as president...can we just get some pinball, please?

I'd love to! Mike, stop fighting with everyone and show da goods!!!

#1534 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

If they can start producing quality games at a more affordable price in the US market, I'll wait.

They don't want the US market....or any market besides pre-orderers, it seems. Mike has made that clear.

#1536 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I think he just doesn't want to deal with any shit from US pinheads while he's got his head to the grindstone. And fair enough I say. If the product is good it'll speak for itself and US buyers will want it and US distributers will want to stock it. A proprietor's brusque personality isn't going to stop people from buying a compelling product.

Of course! ...but right now all we have is speculation and waiting. If a pin company head pops into forums for a chit-chat, it's nice if they're nice. Andrew Heighway's had a billion delays and issues, but he's nice! Jack's had his share of controversy, but he's generally nice (aside from a few blow ups lol). Anyone says ANYTHING not kiss-ass, and Mike loses his shit! What's to be gained by that?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.