Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1577 7 years ago

I always loved watching re-runs of the Thunderbirds as a kid, so there is definite nostalga with this one. I'm surprised there hasn't been a Thunderbirds Pin in the past. I will follow the progress of this project and wait with anticipation for the reveal.

The more successful pinball manufactures we have in this world, the better for all of us. Competition is a good thing for the industry, so I think the community needs to support Homepin's endeavours. I applaud you for your efforts so far and can't wait to hear more. All the best!

2 weeks later
#1603 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I got a Homepin WPC CPU a few years back. It was the shit. I've bought a heap of parts off Mike over the last few years.
If you want to see some crazy driving, last time I was in Shanghai I went out to the airport at 170km/h. I filmed some of it but I missed the really crazy stuff. Guy was maxing out his crappy old taxi, and changing 3 lanes at a time.
That doesn't top the time a taxi driver took us the wrong way on the same freeway, figured out he was wrong and decided to stop in the middle lane of the freeway (with 100kmh traffic all around us) and started reversing back up the middle of the freeway! Me and my buddy were in the back watching these huge dump trucks swerving around us and screaming "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGG!!" That could have ended badly ...
Also some footage of the 400km/h+ Maglev up on my YouTube.
rd
» YouTube video

I assume when you say "It was the shit", you mean that the parts were good. I had to read your post a couple of times as it has been a long day and I over looked the "the" part. I too have heard the Homepin parts are good quality. Well done Mike, keep the updates coming

#1605 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I think he means "shiz" - but he is a KIWI so we will have to forgive him

Lol... so true.

#1607 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Heeeeyyyyy! I have to tailor my comments to the majority, which is US readers.
If I came on and talked like an Aussie and said it was "ripper! Bonza! Grouse! Shrimp on the barrrrrrbie!" there would be mass confusion. Lol!
rd

I must say, I never really understood the phrase "put a shrimp on the barbie". I'm not sure what you call them in NZ, but we call them prawns over here. I don't think I know any Australian who says there going to put a shrimp in the barbie. To tell the truth though, I probably would have said something like "It was a ripper." You got me there ... lol.

#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I didn't buy into that shrimp on the barbie ad as a reason to visit Australia. Besides having world class surf at many locations I found something else very appealing about their culture.

True. I live at the beach, and I have to say, that picture is not too far off the mark...minus the big clam shells.

#1642 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

It's not an Australian product, it is being made in China.
It's laughable and a slap in the face to Aussies to call this an Australian product.
Only the dribbling sycophantic supporters would have you believe this is a Australian pinball machine.

Quoted from Wamprat:

I hope that China's first pinball " Thunderbirds are go " is a really big hit and paves the way for many more Chinese pinballs in the future.

Australian Funded, Australian owned factory, Australian Code, Parts designed by an Australian, Graphic Design by an Australian.

I assume then that Apple is not an American Company. Because if we go by your logic then a great American Company named Apple, must be a Chinese company too. Mostly everything that Apple sells is made in China. Yet I still consider Apple as an American company. The same goes for many things funded by the US. Many of their blockbusters are filmed overseas, by foreign filmmakers and crew, with foreign actors, they they are still considered American productions. You get my point.

#1657 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

russell crowe is australian.

I think that might have been wiredoug's point...still...I think he thinks of himself as an Aussie. A lot of great Aussie actors were actually born overseas. Mel Gibson was born in the US. Nicole Kidman born in Hawaii...the list goes on. They are still Aussies to me.

#1680 7 years ago

I think at the end of the day, it doesn't matter where it is made, the important thing is that we will soon have another manufacturer in the market that can hopefully make a good pinball machine. If Homepin can get their manufacturing platform up and running, they can then start churning out quality machines and hopefully rock the boat a bit.

It may be wishful thinking, but I would like to see some downward pressure put on prices. Perhaps by having a pinball manufacturer in China, we are going to see some nice new pinball machines at more realistic prices. I see no issue with a pinball machine made in China. I am typing this post on a Chinese made iPad, while watching TV on my Chinese made Plasma, while lying with my head on a Chinese made cushion and sipping hot chocolate from my trusty Chinese made coffee mug. I have had all of these items for several years without a single fault or complaint.

#1681 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Based on wiredoug and Pinsinner's comments the programmer could be anyone, as long as " they think they are an Aussie" I bet the whole world wish they were Aussie ( we are very lucky )
Curious though, if Homepin is now a resident of China. Doesn't that mean that the 100% Australian owned is also incorrect? Or do you get to pick and choose to suit your requirements.
I know when I was working in Tanzania I was a resident of that country with an Aussie passport. But since I paid no taxes etc etc in Oz, I was a Tanzanian.

Oh, and yes we are the Lucky Country. Or as you put it, this is "God's Country". It's funny, I never realised I was so damn patriotistic, until I joined Pinside and started following this Homepin thread.

#1685 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We are a new startup - from scratch. There are simply far too many loose ends just now for me to put a date on it and things such as staff leaving (2 this week), staff asking for 6 weeks off (one this week) and typhoons closing the factory (today) as well as 2000 other day to day challanges make predicting an exact release date impossible.i
We are striving for shipping around March - we will see how that pans out.

I can't imagine the scope of what you have been trying to accomplish. I understand this kind of endeavour doesn't happen over night and the hurdles must be constant, costly and tiring. I'm glad that you have hung in there and look forward to seeing what lies ahead next year.

#1698 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

i dunno .. theres been some complaints about that head mate

I just looked in the mirror, no complaints here...except from maybe that cushion I mentioned...

Quoted from PinSinner:

I am typing this post on a Chinese made iPad, while watching TV on my Chinese made Plasma, while lying with my head on a Chinese made cushion and sipping hot chocolate from my trusty Chinese made coffee mug. I have had all of these items for several years without a single fault or complaint.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, married to my part Chinese wife. (She has a Chinese great grandmother) No complaints there either, at least not from my side of the relationship...lol.

#1702 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I care and make a conscious decision to buy Australian when possible.

I agree and try to shop local where possible to support my local community. But then again, that is simply not possible when it comes to pinball in this country. If we here in Australia want a fully featured, quality NIB machine that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (Sub 9-10k AUD), then China makes complete sense to me.

#1787 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

servile sycophancy

Hold on, I'm going to need a dictionary...

#1789 7 years ago

Hi Mike, can you tell me what that artwork is in the background of your drop target photo? Very Thunderbird-ish

IMG_0544 (resized).JPGIMG_0544 (resized).JPG

#1792 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

hahaha - it is the cover of the Thunderbirds Technical Manual. It is a great reference book and we have several of them.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

#1797 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Please do, for the sake of the nation's reputation.

You crack me up.

I will keep that dictionary on hand for when you post... I just learnt a new word thanks to pinsanity.

Shill 1. an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.
"I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club".

Who would have thought Pinside would be so educational. Lol

#1801 7 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I thought Shill was what they used to call these service stations in New Zealand

#1811 7 years ago

I just watched this set tour of the Thunderbirds Are Go set at Weta Studio's New Zealand. I just love these real sets that have been built. Although the characters in the new show are animated, they use real filming sets and models. I miss the marionettes, but the sets and models are fantastic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=pinsinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.