Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider muppet_man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#599 10 years ago

I've just come across this thread, I can't believe I haven't seen it before.

Ignoring the tit for tat school room tantrums I've learned are part of this pinball forum (there seems to be nothing people like better than to stoke fuel on a fire), I am really excited to see the chance of another Pin being made.

Thunderbirds was huge in most places in the World, but never really popular in the U.S. But, as has been said by others, even if you don't get the theme, it doesn't preclude the fact that it could be a first class pin. I really hope it is.

I must admit, I was a fan of the show when I was growing up, and without it, all the special effects for movies like the original Bond series etc wouldn't have existed as they came up with the miniaturisation of things for explosions and the like.

I'm really looking forward to this, and hope that this post can end up as ongoing update on how the pin progresses rather than (as I saw the WOZ forum go) a continuing he said I said, my dads bigger than your dad and I'll get you in the playground at lunchtime insult match.

#617 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

For 1000 games? Probably 1/2 a million to a million US in just design, white woods, development, etc? Pipe dream to think it can cost less without having infrastructure in place.
For example any developer worth their salt is going to want 100k a year at an absolutely bare minimum. There goes 1/5 the budget on 1/2 a mill.
new platform development is going to take at least that long.

Given the state of what's left of the industry, I suspect there are some spare designers out their who would do it for a quarter of that.

#620 10 years ago

It would be nice if we could get some kind of teaser of what has been thought of so far. This would help make it seem like a reality - which I certainly hope it will be.

Even a computer generated photo mockup would be nice at this stage.

#649 10 years ago

I missed the heading - Talk about anything other than Thunderbirds pin.

1 week later
#671 10 years ago

I wouldn't want to try to work out what this topic was about based on the content because the chance of a new manufacturer and an exciting new pinball machine would be pretty much my last guess.

1 month later
#697 10 years ago

I've got to say that, even though I may be alone here, I am really excited about this and am considering getting a deposit down for one of the first 500.

It would be nice to get some idea of game layout to begin with. Also an idea of freight charges, which I expect to be pretty hefty along with import duty of 7 3/4% and Vat of 20%.

I wonder when he's going to release some proper details?

#703 10 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

You are not alone
Deposit paid

You'll be OK Pop, you won't have to worry about shipping, import duty and Vat.

I've just e-mailed them to ask about several things regarding deposit security, general game design etc.

#704 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Can we get the acronym for this game added?
TBAG = Thunder birds are go

Shouldn't it be FAB!

#734 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

He gets it.

He doesn't.

He doesn't either.

Still doesn't.
Google this: urban dictionary teabag (warning: language)
I'm not proud that I know it, I've just played a LOT of Halo in my day.

Perhaps everyone got it but chose to ignore it.

#736 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

It would be nice to see some pf shots, gameplay video etc before asking people to dig into the pockets.

I sent him an e-mail and asked some questions and also asked for some further details and received a polite detailed and prompt reply. Here's the bit about the details.

"Under the terms of my licence agreement I am not permitted to release any information about art packages including playfield design (other than a broad generalisation). I am working on various parts being approved for public release but I can't make any assumptions about what might or might not be approved for release by the licensor."

3 months later
#769 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

His new factory in China looks like it's going to be nice.

Do you have some details of this blue95? I'd be interested to know.

#772 10 years ago

Wow, that does look grandiose. Surely to much office and not enough work floor for a pinball factory?

#774 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

This whole topic got way out of hand with many not understanding the popular title in Australia, and homepin just getting way too defensive and going way too far with his comments.
It's a pinball machine idea. Why don't we just close and delete forever this train wreck of a thread and start a new one fresh, whether you're on board or not, it doesn't and shouldn't have to be like this.

I'm really looking forward to it. Love the theme and any new Pinball stands as big a chance of being great as any other.

#786 10 years ago

I'm guessing a lot of people on here have never been to China. I've been a couple of times for various reasons, and it is an amazing place with a quite incredible people. Whether you agree with their politics is a completely different issue, but the fact remains that some of the factories they have there are top notch and ultra modern. Most people referring to Chinese made rubbish are talking about the very low end items which they make because no one else can afford to make them that cheap. They have the people for that, and I'm not talking about slave labour. That particular issue is not endemic to China. The UK only has to look at the Polish people it employs and the U.S. the Mexicans. However, they also now make very high quality items produced to worldwide specifications. Half of the things you probably see as being made in the U.S (or Europe, I'm picking on no one here before you all start getting upset) feature things made in China to a fine quality, but assembled in your/my country and then labeled as made in UK/U.S.A/Where ever else.

Don't fool yourself that because he's having it made there it will be rubbish. Thirty years ago everyone referred to things made in Japan as Jap Crap. Now many Japanese items are the epitome of high quality.

How about everyone stop bashing what they can't possibly know about at this stage, and let's see what happens.
And really, let the other stuff drop. What's gone is gone and what was said was said. No one died!

If he ends up making something rubbish, I'm pretty sure you'll all have the opportunity to chip in later. In the mean time, let's just wait and see. You never know.

#793 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

And why is this different than running a sweat shop in an inner city? Because of the risk to the owner. Production under the communist Chinese is the moral equivalent of running a sweat shop. To all of you who disagree, I suggest you move there and find out for yourself. A simple visit will not expose the horrible oppression these modern slaves live under.

You really didn't even bother to understand my post. I have been to China for over two months. I've visited twelve cities. I've been to the factories, I've seen the working conditions. Sure, I haven't seen them all and I have seen some rough stuff, but I'm guessing you haven't seen any in person other than those you've watched on TV.

If you want to make life better for them out there because you care about their welfare, I would suggest making comments not based on what you've actually seen is not going to help. What would help would be insisting what you buy comes from a place that supports its workers. Something I'm sure you check up on on every other product you buy everyday.

Once you tell me you've done all of this, which I have, then call me a slavemaster if you still believe it fits. Until then I would ask you to show some respect when making personal comments about someone you have no knowledge of what so ever. I won't make offensive assumptions about you, kindly don't make them about me.

#796 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

I didn't call you a slavemaster. I called you an apologist for slavemasters. Your position is completely understandable from the perspective of your profit from their suffering. I don't need to go to Guantanamo to know it's bad and I don't have to watch a forced abortion to know I don't like it. I'm sure you are a good environmentalist and a champion of domestic social values so your contribution to the enslavement of other should be overlooked. I'm sure the child slaves assembling your widgets are thankful for your business. Please accept my apology.

Once again you show you ignorance. You have no idea why I went, what I did when I was there, yet you seem to think you know it all. How can you possibly know who assembles what on anything I have done there, if indeed I do in the first place. There can be no conversation with a man who speaks from behind a blindfold. The - I don't have to see a forced abortion to know I don't like it - speech is frankly offensive.

#833 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

.........Easy to fix that, come and visit, and I will shout the beer.

I'm up for this if I get to visit again. Perhaps I can get one back in my hand baggage.

Do you have a semi realistic release date in mind yet and whilst I realise releasing details is an issue, there must at some point be a time when you can let those of us that are interested have some more details about the game. After all, we are doing our best to get excited about the prospect, so you can't blame us for wanting something to get excited about.

#836 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

My "loose" plan is to have a prototype ready to show at the Newcastle Pinfest in November 2014 (in Australia). I am unsure if I can make this timeframe but we are aiming for it. The problem with releasing updates is that each piece of artwork must be approved before public release and this takes a lot of staff time.....

You know, with a few people as an exception, Pinside can be a great resource for you. Most of the people are friendly, intelligent and want nothing more than to promote the hobby they love. Sure everyone wants a game based around a subject they love (and for a lot of us Thunderbirds fits that theme nicely), but also they'd respect any game that was good, no matter what it was based on.

You could pose the question of what people might like to see on the game. You don't have to use it, but it might give you a valuable insight even if your design is already finalised. (although I'm sure it's never to late to adjust something that looks really good). This on it's own would also give prospective purchasers something to get excited about.

I for one certainly would want to see a series of six lights (Five, Four, Three, Two, One, TB are Go) which you light up one by one as you complete some of the game features. Being able to select a game feature by choosing the TB2 pod on the DMD would also be very cool (not unlike selecting a mission on STTNG).

We all (OK, with a tiny exception) want you to succeed. Worth a go maybe?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider muppet_man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=muppet_man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.