Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1412 7 years ago

I'm really excited about this pin. I know this may have been posted already but how much is the retail price for the U.S. Market?

#1418 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I have NO IDEA what the finished cost will be at this stage - it is just too early and too complicated to work out just yet.
Our goal and sole aim at Homepin is to get the machines finished and running - I don't like paperwork or accounting so that comes LAST as far as I am concerned! LOL.

Thanks for the reply, I know you already know this but the situation is ripe for a low cost pin to upset the 8K pin market. GL....

2 weeks later
#1439 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

avoid clashing with Stern & JJP and to capitalise on markets that they were not showing too much interest in.

If they had the chance to eat your lunch they would without hesitation...so don't even worry about them. They can only wish to compete with you. Stern and JJP with their investors and new factory have lots of bills to pay they can't compete with you at the lower price range, not to mention it will blow their new marketing strategy to hell (fleecing the collector, market). I say develope this machine and over deliver if you can (code, toys, art) while keeping the price below the Stern Pro model and your factory will be running 24/7....

#1444 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

It would be a very small meal. Stern conservatively have over 80% of the new pinball sales market stitched up. JJP another 10-15% with the remainder split up between the rest.

I'm sure that's what they told the Uber guy when he was pitching his idea, same with Airbnb...Amazon, Tesla...etc...etc. I guess we'll see soon enough if they can compete or not.

#1447 7 years ago

Yes, I hear ya. Skepticism is healthy after all the BS with SkidB and Jpop. In any case the market is ripe for someone to do manufacturing in Mexico or China and upset this 8-9K pin market. It will happen, maybe not next year but soon enough. Let's be honest making pinball is hard but it's not like trying for a moonshot.

#1488 7 years ago

Alright! Thanks for the update....too bad cause we need pics to keep the interest up, one can use this forum like free consulting to see what collectors like or dislike.

#1518 7 years ago

We got a one man crusade here. Can we just see some pinball man...the world is falling a apart, Taliban, Isis, lone wolves shooters, Trump as president...can we just get some pinball, please?

#1525 7 years ago

Well, thanks at least Zombie Yeti will sleep well tonight after seeing your handiwork.

#1546 7 years ago

Our condolences Mike...Pinside can be an invaluable consulting group but you have to take all the crap that goes along with it. With that said the feedback recieved here is definitely worth it.

3 weeks later
#1628 7 years ago

Lol. A New Zelander tailoring his response about a Chinese product to an Australian because of a majority American readers in a Dutch forum. Gotta love this global community.

#1695 7 years ago

Hey Mike, ever thought of making those things out of Lexan or Plexiglass? You know I mean if you're starting from scratch what a nice upgrade it would be to your brand if your drop targets were clear with the leds lighting them up from below. I know it will probably cost twice as much or more but they look impressive.

#1804 7 years ago

Thanks for the pics....I like the fact your opto boards have sockets for the IC chips.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.