Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kid_ego.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

That's pretty cool. My wife is a huge Thunderbirds fan. We even have a Thunderbirds themed slot machine.

Personally, as far as marionettes go, I'd rather see a Team America pin....F**K YEAH!!!

#32 10 years ago

My wife shows our boys episodes of Thunderbirds and Stingray all the time. I don't get it, but they sure do. And these are kids who have been raised on Spongebob, so there must be something to it.

I wonder if the decision was based on the fact that it does have the cult status to many but yet might have been reasonable from the standpoint of acquiring the license.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the show, the thought of hearing the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...countdown in a pin would make me want to check it out.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I have almost decided that I will not make this machine available to the USA market. I may not even include an option for 110V.
The USA was never an intended market. There are 200 other countries..............
Have fun in the USA living in your sheltered world.
I'm busy now - taking the "post to the USA" option off my website for boards I make because I don't think I will sell them to anyone in the US anymore - ByeBye.
Yes, I am taking my bat and ball and going home (if any of you actually understand that).

You seriously need to grow a set, dude.

The vast majority of this thread was positive, mixed with a vocal few who either aren't familiar with the theme or just throw themselves into an epileptic fit of rage at any theme that isn't 100% original or the "one" pin they're waiting on to get made, and you act like a 6 year old who got frustrated on the playground and takes, as you admit, your ball and goes home?!?

You realize this is the Interweb, right? And that people tend to speak in blacks and whites, without considering shades of gray, right?

You realize if JJP and Stern followed your lead Gary and Jack would be hiding under their desks, sniffling like babies, after having shuttered their facilities over a few "meanies" saying bad stuff, right?

But they're not. They're turning the lights on every day, realizing there are some who like what's coming off the line on any given day, and there are some who don't. Personally I'm glad there are those choices, rather than just one flavor of ice cream we all have to stomach no matter our tastes.

Good luck with the project, Homepin. Sad you've given up on us "meanies" in the USA who would have bought some of your machines.

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I didn't start this thread and I never had any intention of doing so about this machine. Someone else chose to start this thread. I have just posted the following on an Australian pinball forum. I don't want or need American customers, thanks but no thanks, you just are not worth the trouble. Stick to Stern and JJP - they know best.

I'm sure the people who hold the Thunderbirds license (and are producing new episodes) are really glad you're on their list of folks making an officially licensed product.

You make a huge point in your rebuttal to tell us how you're not concerned about the money you'll lose by not selling to the North American market, but then tell us it's all because you lost a few bucks on PP chargebacks.

Which is it? Do you care about the money or not?

I think the reality is that you got your panties in a wad over the comments in this thread (which really weren't brutal at all compared to what can happen in a forum thread) and are acting more immature than anyone in business has a right to be.

#211 10 years ago

One more thing...

Thunderbirds are a NO-GO...for 2015!

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

This thread should really be titled:
"How to kill your business in 24 hours"

I heard he was going to write one of those "...for Dummies" books, but the "dummies" thought he'd give them a bad name.

1 week later
#572 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I have almost decided that I will not make this machine available to the USA market. I may not even include an option for 110V.
The USA was never an intended market. There are 200 other countries..............
Have fun in the USA living in your sheltered world.
I'm busy now - taking the "post to the USA" option off my website for boards I make because I don't think I will sell them to anyone in the US anymore - ByeBye.
Yes, I am taking my bat and ball and going home (if any of you actually understand that).

And you ask what our "beef" is with you? You're serious?

You announced your theme, some admitted they were unfamiliar with it, others genuinely expressed interest, a few trashed the idea, and you threw a hissy-fit of epic proportions.

Don't know about the rest of pinside, but that's pretty much my "beef" with you, which is a shame because I would have been one of those sheltered USA folks who would have bought one of your machines, for my wife. Because, admittedly, I still don't get Thunderbirds.

But I respect those folks who happen to enjoy it and don't expect every pin to have a theme personally approved by me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kid_ego.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=kid_ego and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.