Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fataussiebogan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#583 10 years ago

Mike goes the raw prawn at everyone so I wouldn't take anything he posts seriously. I just hope that the designer he employs(when will this be announced?) is allowed to work according to a agreed upon budget/design and isn't micro managed.

Mike you announce that you are building a pinball on aa/fb and you didn't expect a post(s) to be started here and every other pinball forum on the world? Come on son you should know better then that. Having a tanty at anyone and everyone that doesn't get it is just plain silly and like wrestling with a pig you'll be left with mud on your person.

Stop jumping at shadows and having unnecessary inter web feuds and get this people's republic of china pinball made. As far as being called a cripple, harden up old fruit.

#590 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

And can we finally close this thread??

Why??

#592 10 years ago

Home pin is a strident old goat and realises/will realise that he he will have to reap what he sows. I and no doubt others would like to follow the running commentary on the game as it comes to fruition without the sycophants moderating/locking threads that aren't complimentary to the PRC pinball factory.

Crash don't tell me you are concerned how mike is perceived in the pin side community?

1 week later
#600 10 years ago

Above all I want to know who will be designing this and how much autonomy they will have? Hoping for eddy or lawlor. Praying it won't be the self proclaimed king of flow.

#605 10 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

I'm here for the Aussie slang being thrown about.

Let's not all get up his goat till he's at least had a good suck of the sauce bottle. All this talk from the Sepos is making me want to wet my whistle, feel as dry as a dead dingos donger. After I've had skin full will need to go shake hands with the unemployed and point Percy at the porcelain.

#612 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So, how do I pre-order a Parker LE?

No pro, premium, limited edition. Just 1000 "Chinese made, Australian designed" planks. Am I the only one wanting to know who will be designing this?

#614 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not at all. But first things first. I want to see if it will actually be designed.

The chronology would dictate that a designer needs to be appointed before it is designed. Any pin designers currently living in china? Anyone have a ball park figure of what it costs to put a team together to make this a reality?

#626 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

For 1000 games? Probably 1/2 a million to a million US in just design, white woods, development, etc? Pipe dream to think it can cost less without having infrastructure in place.
For example any developer worth their salt is going to want 100k a year at an absolutely bare minimum. There goes 1/5 the budget on 1/2 a mill.
new platform development is going to take at least that long.

the infastructure is in place per se. Homepin has been in china for years manufacturing pinball and non pinball products. Wages, equipment, etc etc will all be in chinese currency not usd/aud. He has stated he will not be using bws/stern parts but making all his own.

it has to be an established designer for a first game from a new player. New designers/ideas would be great but are apprentices as such being taken on by the industry for this to come to fruition?

#629 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

If he is making all his own parts then the infrastructure isn't really in place.

point taken. The factory, machinery and labour are so i guess we are both right and wrong at the same time.

#631 10 years ago

ill have to defer to your greater knowledge in this field and concede the point.

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I keep thinking about this... JJP hit the market at a really good time. Releasing a game right now capitalizes on pinball being a hot trend right now. Jack's timing couldn't have really been better.
Will pinball still be "in" like it is now in 2015/2016 when this machine comes out?

its safe to say that 500 of these will be snapped up by us aussies. Pretty much everyone i know that has the cash will be a nib buyer.

#643 10 years ago

rgr you going to be involved/consulted as to its playability??

#648 10 years ago

and now we're back. Gentlemen please stay focussed.

#651 10 years ago

Mike, home pin needs to return to this thread but not through you. Send a rep, some one less strident and not so emotive. Even if you are adamant in not offering your game to north America the single greatest by consumption of pinball market let's say it's all part of doing business in china and just not offer pay pal as an option. Business as usual.

Let's hear more about Tbag and this new phone that you are working on and the integration of the two. It is a fallacy to deduct that pin side is simply a soap box for Yankee doodle dandee. Many Brits and continentals reside here plus a handle full of convicts.

Let's start of by telling us who you have doing what? P.s. Dmd no more, LCD this fab Tbag.

#653 10 years ago

Designing/integrating, the answer appears to be yes. Hard to say since I've been blocked from home pins facebook page after asking about the designer.

It's sad that it is what it is because mike put his hand in his pocket when gamesroomessentials got robbed and is a do not say kinda guy. I'm chalking this whole affair down to under deliver over promise strategy.

#656 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

pretty sure it will be a dmd at a guess as he is making a heap of dmd's which was brought up here in another thread a few months back - single colour with various filter options

Yep making mike is making dmd co.ours and they look pretty. Everything you say dictates that . Yes. Go go go

#659 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I don't understand the animosity. The US has no better friend than our mates down under.
» YouTube video

Don't take it seriously/personally, home pin manufactures in china it's propably the cost of doing business to make posts like this. Either that or hack into the pin side server and black cock the entire forum.

What's a shrimp?

#661 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Is that Aussie slang or an autocorrect typo? Lol.

You've never seen a forum be black cock bombed? It's not a vein threat, see what I did there son?

#670 10 years ago

whose the designer bump.

#674 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I heard it will be a Famous US Game designer for sure!!!
Will let him make the announcement

Well that's a given, not like pinball design is a blooming profession in the peoples republic. Come on mike post some pertinent info re Tbag and get this thread back on track.

I'd like to see/not see the following: inner loop, no pop bumpers, shadow style ramp diverters, two flippers only, video mode or two, deepness on par with road show, quantity and variety in call outs, ditch your outdated idea of dmd and go with LCD, timed drop targets and myself featuring in somewhere amongst the cows and Easter eggs.

1 month later
#677 10 years ago

Bumpasaurus. Payment plan details now published on www.homepin.com

Now if he would only say who is designing this bird.

Oh and welcome back to me.

#682 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Actually, the numbers on his page don't add up correctly... so my numbers above might be wrong.
His page says that the full price is 7490 AUD. But then the full pre-pay price is listed at 5432.10 and it mentions that this is a discount of 2263.69... but if you do the math you see that is really a discount of 2057.90. So either his math is wrong and his page needs to be updated or I am misunderstanding.

Email him this oversight. Mike appreciates feedback from his north American customers. I just wish old mate mike would let the cat out of the bag about the designer. I'm busting to ask him a few questions regarding this project.

#688 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

The *only* thing that could catch my attention about this pin would be a reveal that Pat Lawlor was doing the design.

The blurb that states and I paraphrase that it will be a rule set that beginners can understand but also extra depth for experienced players pretty much rules out our old mate pat.

No other designer would float your boat?

#691 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Not too many "guns for hire" left on the market at the moment, between Stern, JJP and Heighway.

Who would you like to see?

Anyone know of complete or otherwise list of those working/want to be working in the industry??

#696 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Wow, that's insulting.

How so?

#728 10 years ago

Mike I know you don't want to reinvent pinball so you wont have to with not having pop bumpers. Most pops add little/nothing in terms of gameplay and just detract from flow. A child spawning from the loins of theatre of magic and the shadow would be brilliant.

Two flippers, no pops, basement scoop, inner loop or two, combo jizzfest, genuine skill shot, 2/3/4/5 multi balls.

Ruleset can't be simple if you want to sell to the home market. Doesn't need to be a tspp which is more long rather than deep but if we get a gilligans island 2.0 I'll be giving you a wag of the finger rather than a tip of the hat.

Theme alone has only ever made a poo game desirable once(to some). You will have to deliver more than ss gameplay with a dmd screen.

Everyone wishes you success in this even those that don't because in the end no one cares if your a top bloke or not, the game will speak for itself.

#738 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I know what teabagging is, there was an uproar about it years ago in Australia when some Big Brother contestants teabagged (they called it turkeyslapping) a female contestant when she was asleep. Just don't really go for low brow, schoolboy humour these days.

Why not??

#742 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I go for low brow adult humour these days

I used to work in Chicago,

In the old department store.

I used to work in Chicago,

I don't work there anymore.

3 months later
#762 10 years ago

Bump. Might want to update how this is coming along old boy.

#764 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I decided to get my deposit back.

What caused you to do this?

#766 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

A change of mind.

Looks like we got ourselves a wise guy. Think old mike will struggle with all the boutique pins coming out, cutting off the entire continent of north America and no apparent imput from any established pinball designers. He's gone all out on a new factory in the PRC so let's hope he at least breaks even.

#804 10 years ago

I'd really like to hear from someone in team home pin about the progress. Maybe homepins's boy, the mrs or one of the subservient staff and old mate stick to engineering the game. I don't find the explanation regarding liability insurance as plausible given every other manufacturer sells to the US.

Team home pin this isn't the time to keep your light under a bushel and discommunicate yourself from the global pinball community north Korean style. Also banning people from your facebook page for asking who the designer is going to be isn't the best public relations approach either.

#841 10 years ago

Pinch and home pin should share a cell and enjoy a tossed salad. Old mate mike you are strident to the point of being cantankerous but you get very defensive when one of jacks little boys gets a hard on for you. Dish it out old fruit, expect some blow back. Let's hope we get to play this plank some time soon. Unfortunately nib isn't for this pleb whose starting out in his own start up of sorts. From one captain of industry to another, good night and good luck.

#844 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Not from what I've been reading.

I'm no racist but..............

#857 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

It boils down to jealousy and contempt, thousands have died in makeshift rafts and died miserable deaths in the desert trying to get here so we must be doing something right.
He can keep his game and his attitude, I have no use for either.

Not the only country with a refugee problem son.

#876 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

It never helps ANYONE stay civil when you regularly call their baby ugly, it might go unnoticed once or twice but if I keep mentioning that your baby is ugly you will soon get pissed off, try it yourself in real life. Did I mention that your baby is ugly. See what I mean.
If this PIN is a quality product, and i hope it is, then there will be enough disties in the USA that will provide buying options. How do you think it currently works for the rest of the world getting Sterns and JJPs machines

Pinballs aren't babies bro. If they were thunderbirds theme to home pin would be something like a great uncle twice removed. See you in Auckland bro.

1 week later
#901 10 years ago

Extra extra read all about it! Home pin announces new updates on website. You heard it here first son.

#907 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Are Stern parts not made in China and put together by South Americans??

They're mexicans homer, mexicans.

#909 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Not necessarily, they can be Guatemalans, El Salvadorans, etc.
South American covers them all.

Except for Mexico isn't in south America. It would also be my contention that neither is Guatemala or el Salvador.

1 week later
#914 10 years ago

Back on topic. Research and development room revealed on facebook.

2 weeks later
#915 10 years ago

Can't see this project ending well. Between the buying of pleb second hand industrial equipment and trolling peoples holiday destinations threads mike has clearly dropped the ball.

16 months till the plank is suppose to float and still no mention of a designer or anyone else apart from his boy doing the graphics and mike doing the engineering/"inventing".

#940 10 years ago

Home pins chickens are coming home to roost. When a sycophant like fishy tales tells old mate mike his machinery looks old you know it's being done on the cheap. By his own admission the equipment is ten years old. Thunderbirds is promising to be better then coconut island but not as good as tumbleweed.

Hope I get the chance to play one on site but I can't see an op forking out dough on an outdated theme based on creepy man puppets, sorry marionettes.

Mike stick to being the crazy inventor and let someone else from your team handle the pinball public. Wish you all the best with your health.

#946 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

A small update:
ITV - (the rights owners of Thunderbirds) have started to release new artwork getting ready for the re-release of Thunderbirds worldwide. This now allows us to move forward with some of the concepts we have been holding back on and complete a few key sections of the project. We have had to wait until this work was finished by them so that Thunderbirds Pinball could move into the next phase.
Although we have completed many parts we couldn't complete the "finish" on them due to updating of the entire colour scheme overall.
A bit of a glimpse at some changes of the colour scheme in the pic below.

....and FatAussieBogan - I have asked you politely, please knock it off or do I need to ask the mods to ban you? Comments about my health and similar personal attacks I simply will not tolerate. It is not called for, is not constructive or in any way relevant to discussion and against forum rules.

newcolours.jpg 14 KB

This isn't china old mate you can't have people banned for disagreeing with you. You reap what you sow. For someone who has an opinion on everything and everyone you are extremely thin skinned when the shoe is on the other foot.

You want to be with the big boys like jack and gary so put an end to your crocodile tears, inspire people with information that this isn't going to be a father and son home brew project and accept that when you endeavor on a venture like this it will generate discussion, positive or otherwise.

Hope you take these words in the right spirit and let them be a bridge over troubled water to you and they assist you in overcoming your biggest obstacle, yourself.

#950 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

FatAussieBogan...I have no problem with you 'dissing' the theme or even my efforts - knock yourself out BUT I draw the line at PERSONAL attacks and insults. Just stop it.
You don't like the theme, you don't like what I am doing, you don't like ME! All of that is fine and perfectly OK - attacking me personally is NOT!
Do you actually understand that? How about you brush up on the forum rules, it has nothing to do with China but everything to do with behaving correctly on a public forum.
For the record my son is 33 years old and has his own graphic design studio in Guangzhou employing over 30 graphic artists. His main business is graphic work for Disney/Marvel - if that isn't good enough for you I don't know what would be?

You are jumping at shadows old boy. That's great that your boy is good at drawing. What I'd like to see is the involvement of pinball people in this venture cause after all this is a pinball. You are continually confusing observations and critique with personal attacks and this is why I think you are your biggest obstacle.

I also find that using caps lock makes your point more clear where it otherwise might not have got the reader's attention.

#955 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Your poor attempt at registering a forum name suitable for having a dig at me was observed long ago.
"Mike stick to being the crazy inventor and let someone else from your team handle the pinball public. Wish you all the best with your health"
That is a personal attack. Please stop it.
I have many pinball people that are well known on team - That is commercial in confidence - I have already stated that.

Are you a fat aussie bogan? Inventors are known for being quirky and crazy as you've demonstrated in this thread. Stop fighting with insignificant people on the Internet and show us something that's going to shock and awe us rather then mousin around 2.0. No other pinball manufacturer has their team under the veil of secrecy.

Maybe you will find these questions more to your liking: will the game be sold with complete code or will updates be released periodically? Is the pre order money in escrow in case of misadventure? Have you announced an Australian distributor? Is your release date of 2015 realistic considering how many times jjp shit the bed in the production of their first pin? You going to have a prototype at Sydney pinball expo? How many cartons of free tsing Tao will accompany each pin purchase? Do you like turtles?

2 weeks later
#975 10 years ago

Homepin criticising old mate wayno over how he handled a thle customer complaint. You just cant make this stuff up.

can we please get some game update not a pictorial timeline of antiquated Chinese industrial equipment.

2 months later
#991 9 years ago
Quoted from spacies:

I have 100% faith in team Homepin for delivering a top quality product and I'd trust them with my hard earned before Stern or JJP without even seeing a machine. Although I bet Mike is learning something new almost everday, he will catch up to the other big players.
I wouldn't pull out of this machine if you love the theme.

Guess we know who is making the after market mods.

1 week later
#993 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Any updates about the machine itself?

Old mate did an interview with pinheadz podcast where he came of as sane and likeable. Apparently it's all set for 2015 and it's one of six or so planks that are in various stages of conception and design.

Apparently no established designers can be named as they are working for other manufacturers right now and his boy will be doing the art work. All artwork will be hand drawn and not photo shopped.

One of the six games in the mix is said to be an original unlicensed theme. Has also acquired the rights to reproduce cocktail cabs under the "Hankin" name.

2 weeks later
#1020 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I would have to agree with you that it is a growing trend for people to say what they think but get really upset if it is returned to them
but on PR side of things I just don't see the need for the use of crude words.

That's old mate in a nutshell for you. Let's hope the product doesn't match the man.

6 months later
#1032 9 years ago

Anyone purchased or played his Hankin replica cocktail cab and can give feedback regarding the build quality? Does it have an option for more games?

1 week later
#1036 9 years ago

Can the homepin fanboys please explain why he is still runnng his own or and marketing? Calling the Chinese a bit lazy,greedy and selfish when you are operating a factory in China seems counter productive. Mike gonna mike.

2 months later
#1047 9 years ago

If thunderbirds comes out in 2015 crazy mike is going to look like a god. If he doesn't well it's just another boutique no show par for the course in 2015.

When is the thunderbirds 2.0 tv/movie coming out? I've heard nothing about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fataussiebogan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=fataussiebogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.