Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1025 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

According to the Homepin website the game can still be purchased for $5432.10 Aus $$ if payed in full.
http://www.homepin.com/po.html

But that price is fob china. Need to ad at least $1500? for freight/duty/gst to Australia.

#1027 9 years ago

So the landed price will be similar to a Stern Pro. Hoping the build quality and extra toys made possible by building in china will justify the price.

1 year later
#1262 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1263 8 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

The homepin website has been giving me this error message the past several days:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to bandwidth limit has been reached for this site. Please try again later.

Had no problem accessing just then.

#1282 8 years ago

Anyone interested (and everyone criticising) should listen to Mikes interview on Pinheadz Podcast....

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pinheadz-pinball-podcast/id782889884?mt=2

http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/pinheadz-19-pinball-building-dont-try-this-at-home/

Absolutely no comparison to this business and Jpop/Skitb "passion projects". First and foremost is Mike is investing a significant amount of his own money in this. Secondly he has what sounds like a solid business model in regards to establishing cash flow early with a clear picture of potential markets for his products.

Homepin is not all about Thunderbirds. That's just one game (and IMO it's a fantastic theme). Mike is establishing a Chinese factory capable of manufacturing pinball parts, pinball machines and arcade games from the ground up. Once established, he can offer OEM, licenced games, stock and custom parts for existing pinball manufacturers in other countries, corporate branded products etc. etc.

5 months later
#1616 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Selective quoting again. Try this then (my words from an earlier post in this thread):
"This is not a finished machine but it will showcase (along with our display of completed mechanisms) what we have been up to in the factory. Some of the artwork is not yet approved (and will almost certainly change anyway before the final version is built) so it will certainly be in a "no-cameras" area but available for anyone to see."
Anyway, some of us have constructive work to do rather than pointless discussion here.......

Mike, you know there is an 'ignore user' feature on Pinside? Would save you a lot of grief and would mean the ignored user would eventually lose interest and give up because he/she wasn't getting attention he/she needs to fill a large void in his/her life.

#1620 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I didn't buy into that shrimp on the barbie ad as a reason to visit Australia. Besides having world class surf at many locations I found something else very appealing about their culture.

What, you guys dont sit naked in clam shells on the beach??

#1700 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The mould for our drop targets arrived this morning so we put it through its paces and spat out a few dozen parts to play with and confirm they work as we expect.
Any small tweaks can then be done to the mould before we do a run of drop target plastics.

Saw this drop target mech at Pinfest a few weeks ago and it's fantastic - completely different to the standard one and a huge improvement. I'm guessing it's much more reliable.

#1745 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

As a note on this FTA I have to laugh. I remember paying several hundred dollars duty per shipment a few years back, before the FTA came into effect. This duty went to the Australian Government. Now I pay no duty BUT in order for the shipment to qualify under the FTA I have to pay the CHINESE GOVERNMENT for a certificate of origin - you guessed it - around AU$300 per shipment!!

LOL. So typical. Our idiot bureaucrats get taken every time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.