Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider accidental.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1103 8 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Why did HomePin decide to move all operations and production to China? He's depriving local Australian workers of jobs within Australia of building the machines.

Seems obvious to me. He's trying a different business model that will ultimately allow the games to be built much more cheaply with a lower overhead. Not just when it comes to labour but also the overall supply chain. A heck of a lot more work and bigger setup costs but ultimately it could pay off hugely in the long run.

#1203 8 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

the HOMEPIN Facebook, AA forum and a few other sources also have not been updated in quite a while, over 6 months that I can see. ( I just checked all of them that I know of )

The Homepin Facebook page has updates as recent as the 31st December. I agree a two-week holiday doesn't sound unreasonable at all. If you're looking for pinball-specific updates then the most recent is 17 December (aside from a post about the aforementioned email update which was on Dec 30).

4 months later
#1321 7 years ago

Thanks for the info Mike, I always forget to check up on HomePin Facebook. Although I follow your page on Facebook I almost never see the posts because Facebook very rarely puts company/page posts onto the news feeds of their followers. Followers have to explicitly check the page or check their 'Pages Feed' in addition to their news feed.

Pinside is like Facebook, which you're already sharing to. You could share to Pinside at the same time that you're sharing to Facebook and already have the image files open ready to drop into Pinside just as you do Facebook.

Inside's image handling might be 'strange' compared to traditional forums which are community run and cannot begin to afford the cost to host large amounts of image assets. But because Pinside takes in money to pay for hosting it can host image assets itself instead of linking to them. While it might be more cumbersome for some people to post images, the benefits are many: images will never disappear due to dead links, ensuring they remain a valuable resource in the future; images can be displayed within Pinside's own image viewer which is optimised for mobile devices (the majority of devices using the web today); images can be rendered as smaller post-friendly versions that are clickable to view high-res originals within the image viewer (everyone who has used forums knows how a large [img] can totally break a page when it is sized too large for the forum layout).

So I'd encourage you to post your images to Pinside. Or at the very least you could post here saying new info is up on Facebook and provide a link. You'll get more people liking your page and remind followers to check in

#1325 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Problem is I usually can only update Facebook from my phone and when I am in Hong Kong (which is often but for a short time). Facebook is blocked in mainland China and, although I subscribe to three paid VPN services, it is still very flaky and often just not practical to try and update pictures to FB from the mainland.
I don't have easy access to a PC whilst in HK so doing multiple updates to different sites simply is too complicated for me with my limited time.

You're right, that's a definite dealbreaker. I figured you must be doing this on a PC because it's a lot to do on a mobile device! Kudos to you working within those constraints Mike!

1 week later
3 months later
#1535 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They don't want the US market....or any market besides pre-orderers, it seems. Mike has made that clear.

I think he just doesn't want to deal with any shit from US pinheads while he's got his head to the grindstone. And fair enough I say. If the product is good it'll speak for itself and US buyers will want it and US distributers will want to stock it. A proprietor's brusque personality isn't going to stop people from buying a compelling product.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider accidental.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=accidental and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.