Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Freak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1080 8 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Well let's see now, two years have elapsed and not a single Thunderbirds machine has rolled off a production line. Seems they are still designing parts like spoon switches, leaf switches, pop bumper assemblies, side rails, legs, etc.
Why do they feel they need to re-invent the wheel when they can buy most all of their parts off the shelf from the main pinball parts distributors? Why do they a carbon copy of a Data East pop bumper assembly? Why do they need to make their own metal pop bumper yokes? Why don't they just buy plain old Williams pinball legs?
If they would have purchased off the shelf parts, the machine would have probably already been rolling off the production line.

Hmm... It's clear you haven't followed progress as buying parts off the shelf? or importing part is not allowed when manufacturing in China all parts are required to be produced in China.....Mike was aware of this when setting up in China.

The pin was due in May '15 so it's not 12 months late! The last year Mike has had you could not wish upon anyone, thus it is understandable he is behind his planned launch time. Yes I'm in on this game and would have loved to see it ship on time but shit happens and I'm understanding of that.

#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I wonder if this thing will ever see the light of day?
I'm gonna say no.

It's closer than you think! There is light at the end of the tunnel, once all sub-assemblies are complete, which are in different stages. With a lot on shelf ready to go. Tooling still being made for some, but once done Mike can make in-house with no reliance on third parties.
Pin will come together quite quickly...as to exactly when this will be who knows at this point. I hope Mike will be revealing pin before end Q2 '16 or sooner. I have faith in Mike to succeed and looking forward to his next pin.

#1133 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Your on AA, you know it's true.

He also offers a lot of support to AA members......but I forgot you just want to bitch about his 'people skills', which we all know and it has been repeated hundreds of times already. Once your able to look past that you see a different person. Someone who is trying to start up a new pinball company, a Hugh undertaking.
It's easy to throw shit from behind a keyboard. Keep it positive you can't change personalities but you can be accepting of them.

#1160 8 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

This has turned into a love or hate Mike thread.
All those pre order guys( how many? )must have had some correspondence by now. Surely they can post what they received on an approx. date or any progress made?
I keep looking at this thread and its not funny anymore, just very, very sad for the pinball community.
Maybe Mike should stop this unnecessary garbage and just add something of interest in regards to the pinball.
Regardless of pass history on Pinside ( or other forums ) it would be appreciated with a positive/ informative response from him.

Mike has provided update to all pre order customers. I will not post it here.

In short most constraints and roadblocks from last year now overcome. Parts in different stages of manufacturing, some sub-assemblies already bagged on shelf waiting for all parts to be ready. He is not in a position nor will commit to a date. It will be ready when it's ready. He did state it will come together quickly when parts complete, so let's hope it's not to far away.
FYI - this update was extremely difficult for Mike to complete and took many attempts to write it, due to the passing of Karen (married 38 years and his business partner) and the emotional connection this created. I admire him for the fact he is doing his best to keep their dream alive, it would have been easy to just walk away.......it's just pinball at the end of the day.

He also showed pic of Back box side art .... Looks cool with a twist!

#1171 8 years ago

I appreciate you standing up for him, BUT why won't you post what you have? are you restricted by a privacy act? This would surely put the knockers at bay and help the people like me who are questioning not only this pinball release but also HOMEPIN. I am sick of seeing the verbal abuse on all his posts in various forums which, mind you he usually brings on himself. It has to stop and soon.
I understand/ empathise with his personal issues, but to me this is not an excuse when in business as you should have contingencies in place. People want to see HOMEPIN succeed but all this secrecy is utter bullshit. Does he or you really understand how detrimental this is for his business?

Really...because he knows his business best. I'm not going to tell him how to run it.

But to be honest why would you bother posting it here it would just be a troll fest. Or is that utter bullshit.

Just accept you will have all the informalion you need when it's ready. So sit back and wait For now!

#1180 8 years ago

If looking for answers on a public forum/ discussion site is enough to be called a troll, then troll me up big boy. In fact I guess we all are TROLLS . I have tried on both Aussie forums and my posts usually get deleted by Mike as he is the moderator or the same people get offended on there as I ask simple questions and/or give what I call input on what is an exciting project for us Aussies.
I haven't even heard a response from the debacle with the Homepin you beaut pinballs either! WTF? have you or is this privy info also.
Stop defending and start asking yourself some questions too.
BTW I wouldn't put any money on any new company just to get some so called info, thats just stupid and a mute comment. But those that have would surely want some decent info by now and I hope you enjoy Thunderbirds WHEN it is ready.
My dummy spit is now over! FFS

What is your problem....no one called you a troll, but as you took it personally you must be felling it. You only have to read through this thread to see all the knockers, negative non value adding posts.

I have answered your question multiple times now,,,,what 'more' information are you looking for? Now your insulting me for what being prepared to provide information on a public forum. Just because I won't post the update from Mike which I would see as being un professional...I have summarised it! Then you attack me...big buddy!

Please don't tell me how I should spend my money....but the difference is I put my money up to support a new pinball company as I did with spooky. You should be thanking me for supporting the growth of the hobby. When I put my money down I knew the risks and accepted it.

Re defending Mike...no just trying to look at it objectively. I could easily be on here kicking him for being late, that would be easy....I've accepted his position and now like many waiting for the next update.

So are we FAB now...

#1187 8 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I read this in the Predator thread, I read this in the Magic Girl Thread. I still read it in TBL thread and I'm still reading it here. You true-believers need to escape your wishful thinking and move on with your life. If the guy is successful, we'll all have a chance to buy one, but if he failed, many of you who have already paid for the failure will need to accept reality sooner or later. Enjoy your denial, True-Believers!

You can not compare Homepin with these other failed ventures. Homepin are producing product now....yes it's not pinballs yet, but it's setting up the business for when TAG pinball is ready to assemble. If I was concerned I could get my money back tomorrow. So I am confident at this point the pin will be launched, but like a lot of things in life it's no sure thing.

It's like you can't wait to see this fail, stay positive for now it's not going to happen tomorrow. Btw why would anyone pre order if they couldn't afford to lose the money...it would still suck thou

Moving on with life now....going fishing see you in a couple of months, will help to get over the denial lol

#1211 8 years ago

Homepin's FB page update: they now have a U.S. Distributor for their Hankin cocktail tables. This might also mean TAG will be available in the US. for those interested. Check it out for more details.
There is also more pic's of parts being made.

1 week later
#1226 8 years ago

Some bits and pieces being made like plungers and pop bumper parts which is a good positive.
Pity they only post on Fxxkbook! I wish he hated that as much as Paypus and Fleabay. Would be nice if his market manager or his posse of pre orderers posted here and kept us all in the loop.
Homepin is making progress and thats cool.

The best way to stay in the loop is their FB page, there is no secret info pre paid customers have. That has not already been posted. Mike will not reveal any game specific parts until it's ready! That's just how it is....

Last FB comment was interesting re marketing, It could be getting close, but at least not for three weeks ....bloody Chinese New Year. Wish they could take a day like the rest of us

5 months later
#1337 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Has been 3 years ?
I am sure the people that put the cash up front.....
would also like a professional update and a reply on how this is progressing...
just asking is there a maybe a pic of the proto type or something..

I agree 100 %. I have been in on this pin for almost 3 years and would like more regular updates. Mike, has committed to showing something at Pinfest end Sept(Caves Beach Aust.) it would be great to know if this is still on track! I'm attending and would not be impressed if there is nothing significant to show.
Hope your on track Mike. Please provide update soon it would be appreciated.

#1341 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Have you emailed Mike to ask him?

Yes many times, over the years.....the response "it will be ready when it's ready" I've heard enough.
Toads, Mike should be emailing customers in advance of Pinfest to let us know where it's at. I should not have to request for update again. Really looking forward to seeing this pin, soon!

2 weeks later
#1362 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Looks like there's an early look at cab art. I like it.

Looking forward fo seeing the 'real' art work at Pinfest in Sept. Mike said he will show where he is up to...I'm hoping almost complete! Pics may not be allowed but it will be great to see in person.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1379 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

man you just cant stop yourself from pissing on this community, huh? maybe you should hire a PR guy.

You need to understand Aussie humour and chill bud. You are the only one pissing on the community here! Thanks for proving Mike's point.....at the end of the day it's only pinball!

1 month later
#1499 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

to be honest nothing really worth while snapping a photo of - nothing new or exciting

Same art work on cab, as already seen. Mike said actual art will be similar but not the same.
Was a true "white wood", nothing on playfield other than a couple of palm trees, printed pool pitcher.
Display was in colour, quite large dots. Backglass had IR members on it.
Mike said he expects to be shipping in first quarter '17. Quality and feel of parts was all A1.

#1501 7 years ago

Cheers Freak, what about the ball situation? need some new balls but have to make sure they are right as the 2 games I need them for have multiple magnets
When you say pool pitcher, do you mean picture or am I missing something to do with TB?

Yeh picture "F'n auto correct". It will be automated in the pin, the pool will open up. No balls this year. I would just get the PL premiums they work fine for me on all of my pins with magnets.

3 weeks later
#1747 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Not sure where you got your pricing from but our calculations stand close to our original estimates at this stage. The final price will not be known precisely until I have machines boxed and ready to ship but pre-order buyers will get theirs for the original "buy-in" price of AU$5432.10 (plus delivery and GST where applicable). We are very likely to have some good news for those buyers when shipping time comes but we are still juggling things so no announcements for now that I might have to retract later. Let's wait and see what pans out.
It is our aim to release SOME new machines next year for an RRP of AU$4999 (today's exchange in USD is $3804.00)
Remember, Homepin doesn't work in USD. We use AUD, HKD and RMB so I rarely even look at what a USD is, I have no need to.
We are striving for that price goal but we still have to see how things work out.
As for your comment on "old style asic board" - I'm not completely sure what you mean BUT if you mean we will have proprietary electronics (just like Spooky) rather than use a $20 PC motherboard (like JJP) then yes, that's what we are doing, if that isn't to your liking go ahead and buy your "fully loaded" $20 PC (Made in China).

I brought in at $5432.10 Aud, pumped that's it's getting close.

Paid $6000 Usd for AMH, ended up costing just under $10,000 Aud. Spooky pins are dearer here in Aust. by a couple of K.

Homepin's pricing is a good thing for pinball, it will allow a lot more people to buy nib.

#1808 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Pinsanity, I consider myself to be a patient person but your posts are getting old. I think you've made your point. As a neutral member of this forum, please can you give it a rest now? Thanks.

++++1. The way I see it Pinsanity, he's just jealous of Mike's work and tries to bring this thread down to make him feel better.

I appreciate the updates Mike provides on parts production, you can really appreciate what is required to make this happen. It's sad that some think it's cool to throw shit from behind a keyboard...cowards.

54321 TAG 2017 sweet. Making room for it now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Freak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds?tu=Pinball_Freak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.