Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 37.
#351 10 years ago

My Dad is bigger than your Dad.

#352 10 years ago

I bought a BSD opto board from Homepin without any issues and had some other purchases in mind. After a hateful and small minded post like this I'm glad he's effectively taking himself out. It's absolutely insane that he actually posted such belligerent statement on the front page and have a public tantrum. Why risk your reputation and business because you’re pissed at a few scammers?

101313.gif101313.gif

Quoted from Homepin:

I don't want or need American customers, thanks but no thanks, you just are not worth the trouble. Stick to Stern and JJP - they know best.
If my stance on not selling to the USA bothers you that's fine - you can get your parts elsewhere. I am not in this "for the money" and that point has been missed by most. I am doing it because it's what I love to do. That's what makes me different. Comments like "you have cut off 75% of your market" mean nothing to me - so what? I don't care - like I said, it IS NOT about the money.
There is another reason they can get lost but I am instructed not to mention it publically - the above should be enough to make my point crystal clear.

#353 10 years ago

Where to now, m'lady?

lady-penolope-and-parker1.jpglady-penolope-and-parker1.jpg

#354 10 years ago

oh well, maybe someone will make a captain scarlet or joe 90 pin... never know.

Captain_Scarlet.jpgCaptain_Scarlet.jpg joe_90.jpgjoe_90.jpg

#355 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I believe he said 2000 ...

Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I believe he said they expected to sell out at 2000 ...

If that's the case, then I agree that Thunderbirds probably isn't the best license.

#356 10 years ago

500 kits, 1500 assembled.

#357 10 years ago

then I agree that Thunderbirds probably isn't the best license.

Maybe not the best, but a damn good one!

thunderbirds.jpgthunderbirds.jpg

#358 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I believe he said 2000, with some of them in build it yourself kits. I'd be down for one of those.

You're banned! NO CREEPY IRRELEVANT 60's PUPPETS FOR YOOOUUUUU!!!!!

#359 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're banned!

I'll find a way!

#360 10 years ago

Mind you, there are PLENTY of U.S. sellers that refuse to sell to australia.

That i can understand, with us being an island of convicts!

#361 10 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

Mind you, there are PLENTY of U.S. sellers that refuse to sell to australia.

They usually dont ban austrailia from what ive seen. Some will ban international orders, some wont even sell to alaska or hawaii but i have never seen a company go after only aus or aus and nz. I may be wrong since i dont have to deal with it as much as i would if i lived in aus but this is what i have been lead to believe.

#362 10 years ago

Why can’t we all just get along and turn on New Zealand instead? Bloody Waitangi Day, what the hell is up with that anyway?

I kid of course, my family actually celebrates this – just for another excuse to get together and drink.

#363 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll find a way!

You mean -
"Awl foind a wai, mate!"

#364 10 years ago

Si!

#365 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I have almost decided that I will not make this machine available to the USA market. I may not even include an option for 110V.
The USA was never an intended market. There are 200 other countries..............
Have fun in the USA living in your sheltered world.
I'm busy now - taking the "post to the USA" option off my website for boards I make because I don't think I will sell them to anyone in the US anymore - ByeBye.
Yes, I am taking my bat and ball and going home (if any of you actually understand that).

I've only read up this point in this thread and I just don't get this post. Pinside is made up of all kinds of pinball people who have very different views about all the different games out there. Up until your post here the vast majority of the post have been supportive of Thunderbirds. Just because of a few who say they never heard of the Thunderbirds and a few who say they won't buy it your "taking my bat and ball and going home" (and yes we do know what that means). I watched the show and loved it and thought the idea was a great one but after seeing how childish your acting now you and your Thunderbirds can "go take a flying leap" (if you can actually understand that).

#366 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You mean -
"Awl foind a wai, mate!"

#367 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Why can’t we all just get along and turn on New Zealand instead? Bloody Waitangi Day, what the hell is up with that anyway?
I kid of course, my family actually celebrates this – just for another excuse to get together and drink.

Now now! I'll set Peter Jackson on you ...

rd.

#368 10 years ago

I've been trying to come up with a short joke formatted in the "______, australian for ____" format that fits this situation, but I just cant nail it down.

I know there's a good one there somewhere.

#369 10 years ago

He cut his number to be built in half from 2000 to 1000 so said he on the Aussie forum. So I guess the us market is insignificant. So insignificant he cut the run in half.

#370 10 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

They usually dont ban austrailia from what ive seen. Some will ban international orders, some wont even sell to alaska or hawaii but i have never seen a company go after only aus or aus and nz. I may be wrong since i dont have to deal with it as much as i would if i lived in aus but this is what i have been lead to believe.

Agree

I have bought many pinball things from the US, yes agree if it is a backglass or playfield some people (not main stream pinball businesses) prefer not to send overseas purely on risk of damage or it will cost as much to send as what it costs to buy the item - but that's not being banned just somethings are too painful so you sort of expect it.

let's keep the friendship between countries and move on

#371 10 years ago

Its too bad this thread comes down to where you live. Pinball people are generally good people regardless of where they are. It is however a big world and a few asses have permeated the pinball barrier. Theme is a minor thing if the game is great. I am English and grew up with all the shows mentioned and an open mind is a beautiful thing. Pinball is a community, world wide and bashing a geographic location is silly. Homepin, I hope your pin is the greatest pin made, its good for pinball and would benefit all pinball.

#372 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

F.A.B O-DIN!

I look forward to coming to the O-din lair and playing yours

rd

It looks like maybe the only way I'll get to play is to come to yours. I like Australia and New Zealand- Good people, good food, good drink, big waves, and hot women.

#373 10 years ago

Lots of talk about the pin and how to get it, but all this assumes that he can successfully launch a new company and a new pin. We have just watched the fun that Jack has had trying to get this done. Now Homepin has to do it without using PC based electronics and it seems without sourcing North American parts. Add in the intangibles like charisma and interpersonal relationships and it looks like pretty long odds to me.

#374 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Lots of talk about the pin and how to get it, but all this assumes that he can successfully launch a new company and a new pin. We have just watched the fun that Jack has had trying to get this done. Now Homepin has to do it without using PC based electronics and it seems without sourcing North American parts. Add in the intangibles like charisma and interpersonal relationships and it looks like pretty long odds to me.

Anybody remember the last time an eccentric Australian launched a one man (or at least one hemisphere... ) pinball production company? Yeah, that went well...

#375 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He cut his number to be built in half from 2000 to 1000 so said he on the Aussie forum. So I guess the us market is insignificant. So insignificant he cut the run in half.

Keep cutting it till the number hits zero. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it never gets completed. PLACE YOUR BETS!

#376 10 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

And all this time I thought it was the original versions of The Young Ones, Bottom, Black Adder, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, and Allo Allo I liked so much. Must've just been the crappy American remakes. Damn you, America!

and don't forget Benny Hill. Loooove that show.

#377 10 years ago

Anybody remember the last time an eccentric Australian launched a one man (or at least one hemisphere... ) pinball production company? Yeah, that went well...

Touché

original.giforiginal.gif

#378 10 years ago

This is the first ever pin that is region locked.

#379 10 years ago

10k by Anzac Day.

#380 10 years ago

I am currently working on a deal to send a playfield to Australia. So far it has gone smoothly except for the fact that I have been a little slow getting it packaged. I enjoy transactions like this and hope the buyer is thrilled with his purchase when he gets it.

#381 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It looks like maybe the only way I'll get to play is to come to yours. I like Australia and New Zealand- Good people, good food, good drink, big waves, and hot women.

What more does a man need?

rd.

#382 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

Good pinball

#383 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

This is the first ever pin that is region locked.

That's not true, late model Sterns wont work in Australia because they can tell the power is 50hz instead of 60. There are ways around it though.

#384 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

Quoted from RGR:

Good pinball

That is a given.

#385 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

rotordave said:

rd.

RGR said:
Good pinball

That is a given.

Oxygen??

#386 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

That's not true, late model Sterns wont work in Australia because they can tell the power is 50hz instead of 60. There are ways around it though.

Haha, ok fair enough, . But...... Then maybe this counts for every pin, cause many countries use different amount of volts.

I am not sure but i think UK has 110 volts and we have 220. So, every electric machine needs an adjustment if your moving or selling to or from UK.

I was more refering to the gameindustry, where consoles are often region locked by code.

#387 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I am not sure but i think UK has 110 volts and we have 220. So, every electric machine needs an adjustment if your moving or selling to or from UK.

Most of Europe (including the UK) is 230v/50hz. North America is 120v/60hz. Those are the two most standard systems worldwide, with official ranges on the voltage side from 220-240v and 110-127v, plus Japan with an odd mix of 100v 50 *and* 60Hz.

#388 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

All I need are some tasty pins, a cool buzz, and I'm fine

#389 10 years ago

I hope Pins and Vids does a segment on this fiasco on their next DVD...

#390 10 years ago

His latest rant.

Quoted from Homepin:

Originally Posted by WOKA
What pissed them off is that your not selling to Americans - they took it personally.

(Team America - World Police : )

Yes they probably are - and the reason I will leave my webpage as it is (for the moment) is that NOBODY else falls for the PayPus line "start a dispute" if the package hasn't arrived - most are smart enough to send me an email - it is ONLY Americans that instantly start a dispute becase they believe the lies "PayPus is here to protect you" - no, PP will piss off your seller and that will cause bigger problems down the track. When they find they can get it for free they ALL do!

I have stuff that is simply not available in the USA so it's their loss not mine. They just haven't realised that yet because they are all too high and mighty about me being an upstart - well, we will see won't we.

To be blunt I don't give a toss what they think and PPS can shove their veiled threats as well, they are as bad (maybe worse yet?) than Wayne was.

This time I won't cop their BS.

#391 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

His latest rant.

Oooo, so he's making derivative, (knock off) Bally Williams boards and not paying PPS the licensing fees for them?

If that's the case, that's just plain thievery.

#392 10 years ago

Will you sell to black people (as long as they aren't from the U.S.)?

#393 10 years ago

"When they find they can get it for free they ALL do!"

I would hope no one in the world would do business with a prejudiced douche like this.

#394 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I would hope no one in the world would do business with a prejudiced douche like this.

Yes Americans are all self entitled. Self entitled to save your ass from the Japanese during WW2. what a GIANT f-ING TOOL!

#395 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

His latest rant.

Boy he's really turning into a real piece of work.

#396 10 years ago

Well, that was an entertaining 8 pages. I'm not going to lump all Austrailians into one group - I'm going to single out Homepin when I say "F.U. buddy".

#397 10 years ago

Bon Voyage...

Bonvoyage.gifBonvoyage.gif

#398 10 years ago

I have stuff that is simply not available in the USA so it's their loss not mine. They just haven't realised that yet because they are all too high and mighty about me being an upstart - well, we will see won't we.

If anyone needs a board he would have sold, I'll be willing to offer up free design/board layout for that part and release the design openly to the pinball community. Just let me know, and figure out how to get me a sample and/or schematic of the original.

Ill even set pinball life or someone up with a board house that will manufacture them.

#399 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If anyone needs a board he would have sold, I'll be willing to offer up free design/board layout for that part and release the design openly to the pinball community. Just let me know, and figure out how to get me a sample and/or schematic of the original.
Ill even set pinball life or someone up with a board house that will manufacture them.

The only one I'm aware of (that will really be missed) is his "Long Opto board" that gets used on BSD (It's the opto that shoots the Mist ball track). The original board from B/W had major issues and they often need repairs. The replacement board he did was really a very good solution.

Edit: That is Homepin's board right? I'm not positive he's the Aussie that created it or not.

#400 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

The only one I'm aware of (that will really be missed) is his "Long Opto board" that gets used on BSD (It's the opto that shoots the Mist ball track). The original board from B/W had major issues and they often need repairs. The replacement board he did was really a very good solution.
Edit: That is Homepin's board right? I'm not positive he's the Aussie that created it or not.

I'll take a look at this board in particular over the holiday and see whats up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.