Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 37.
#251 10 years ago

My best advice for HomePin?

pint.jpegpint.jpeg

#252 10 years ago

(oops, pinside hiccup. delete)

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

» YouTube video

I have to give that a giant WTF...

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I didn't start this thread and I never had any intention of doing so about this machine. Someone else chose to start this thread. I have just posted the following on an Australian pinball forum. I don't want or need American customers, thanks but no thanks, you just are not worth the trouble. Stick to Stern and JJP - they know best.
The only trouble I have EVER had for 3 years was selling parts to Americans. At least once a week I would get a PP chargeback because the board hadn't arrived in a few days.
I could never win a PP chargeback because it is simply too expensive to post things with tracking from Australia. I was charging $12 for post to the USA but every package cost me $17~18 to send anyway, and with no tracking.
Not a single part was ever returned to me so I assume they did arrive - do you think the buyer contacted me and offered to pay after they received the goods? Hahahaha - NEVER - NOT ONCE!
The end result was that every other buyer paid for these scum to get free parts! I am glad to be rid of them to be frank. In business you do not need (or want) every customer. It is better to weed out the ones that cause you trouble and concentrate on looking after the good ones that appreciate what you do. I can honestly say that for all the customers I have had from the USA there are about 5 who actually were appreciative - the rest, well - you get the picture.
Right from the start I made it 100% clear to the few that I asked about the Thunderbirds theme, that the USA was NOT my target market, I even said to a couple of people (6 months ago) that I probably would not sell to the USA and China at all (they are on this forum - you know who you are).
If my stance on not selling to the USA bothers you that's fine - you can get your parts elsewhere. I am not in this "for the money" and that point has been missed by most. I am doing it because it's what I love to do. That's what makes me different. Comments like "you have cut off 75% of your market" mean nothing to me - so what? I don't care - like I said, it IS NOT about the money.
There is another reason they can get lost but I am instructed not to mention it publically - the above should be enough to make my point crystal clear.

What you are forgetting is that this forum is read all over the world in many different countries and you are losing more than just USA customers.

Popcorn?!

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They have sticky wickets.

Boring? 5 days straight drinking beer in the sun watching cricket is never boring

P.s. i'm aussie, and we love our american/canadian brothers down here - but we love making fun of them too, as i imagine you do of us - which is cool.
P.p.s. Whilst i respect homepins decision to run his business as he feels fit, it probably doesn't reflect the majority of peoples feelings down under.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

What you are forgetting is that this forum is read all over the world in many different countries and you are losing more than just USA customers.
Popcorn?!

I won't say anything about thunderbirds as there might be a few Frenchs interested in that Pin. But if I were to say what I think about it, France would be banned, together with Monaco, Luxemburg and Andorra as collateral damage...

Best thread since SW-or-close-to-reasonable-offer

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Best thread since SW-or-close-to-reasonable-offer

now imagine if he could get the backglass signed (anyone still alive from the show?).

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

There is another reason they can get lost but I am instructed not to mention it publically - the above should be enough to make my point crystal clear.

Awe come on!!! leave us hanging like that?? anyone wanna take guesses?

#259 10 years ago

epic thread.

3p82d7.jpg3p82d7.jpg

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I actually agree with this, without the sarcasm. NOT being able to get this game, the forbidden fruit... it will truly be an exlusive LE model in the US. More rare than "The PIN", if that is possible. Certainly more of a rarity than the fake mass produced LE's we've been seeing. How do you make someone want something? Tell them they can't have it. Look at the response to the Metallica LE shortage... even I was tempted to grab one of the last ones from Canada. Then I remembered ~9-10K (with "essential" mods such as speaker upgrades and shipping) for a game is a lot of cash.

Yeah, It sounds like I have some catching up to do.
New three step process:
1. Announce Product
2. Piss off your customers and act like a baby.
3. ...Profit?

Yes, but when people go that route they aren't assholes about it. See, that is the difference here.

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from cottontech:

anyone wanna take guesses?

Americans have better music even better than crappy/dc so they hate us.

#262 10 years ago

One of the many great episodes.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yeah, It sounds like I have some catching up to do.

New three step process:
1. Announce Product
2. Piss off your customers and act like a baby.
3. ...Profit?

I wonder if anyone else noticed your great South Park reference....

And look, if your target market is 50 year old dudes with a lot of money, what better to theme a pin on than one of their favorite tv shows as a kid!?!? Besides, like so many have already said, who really cares about the theme if the pin plays great? It's a fun theme and has LOTS of potential for playfield toys and mods. I fell in love with TAF LONG before I ever bothered to see the movie. Even then, I was more interested in seeing it to hear the parts they took the callouts from, rather than actually "watching" the movie! Although, it did clear up a few lines of what was actually being said(thanks a lot, 8-bit sound!).

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Now ThunderCats, now that would be awesome.

Much prefer ThunderCats over Thunderbirds. Oh!...how 'bout ThunderCats vs ThunderBirds

#267 10 years ago

They should base it off the 2004 Thunderbirds movie, so it would involve Bill Paxton, getting his total # of pins up to 3 until somebody (SkitB?) makes an Aliens pin of course.

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Stick to Stern and JJP - they know best.

This would make a great marketing slogan for y'all

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

... Stick to Stern and JJP - they know best.

yep, you got that right, THEY know best.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

This would make a great marketing slogan for y'all

I dare him to use it.

#271 10 years ago

I've gotta at least give Homepin credit for hooking me into thunderbirds. I still think the theme will stink on a pinball machine, but I've watched some clips on Youtube today and it got me to laugh a few times.

It'll get me to re-watch the really funny version, team america, again as well.

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It IS NOT about the money - I do not want ALL business - is that clear enough?
Homepin is and always has been a "hobby business". I do not want it to be a "mega company".

Well you are certainly well on your way to making that a reality, congratulations

BTW, if you think you can manufacture 2000 pinball machines as a "hobby", then you have more problems than just a bad attitude towards North Americans!

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Need to be logged in. Can you screencap it?

its 3 pages of his fellow country men calling him a dumb ass

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

its 3 pages of his fellow country men calling him a dumb ass

Essentially except for VERY few of his buddies sticking up for him but basically as Akuma said it's aussies saying they are ashamed of his attitude.

#275 10 years ago

funny thing is he probably buy more stuff from america.
just visited is website, i couldn't remember where i saw that mpu board replacement and i wanted to have one, well, not anymore!

#276 10 years ago

Is it Wayne-o by any chance?

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Yes, but when people go that route they aren't assholes about it. See, that is the difference here.

Doh; a flaw in an otherwise cunning plan!

How could someone not figure out that rather than shipping via a cheap, slow and non-trackable method, American buyers were apparently "needing" the expensive as all get out fast shipping option?

Put trackable shipping as a requirement, then let the buyer decide if they want the part or not. Not terribly complicated.

I would normally end this note with a request for payment for my high profile consulting services, but I try not to accept money from bigots.

#278 10 years ago

Hmmm

Laughing-Thunderbirds.gifLaughing-Thunderbirds.gif

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

P.p.s. Whilst i respect homepins decision to run his business as he feels fit, it probably doesn't reflect the majority of peoples feelings down under.

No way dude! This ain't a one way street! If we are all getting generalized then you are too!!!!!

#280 10 years ago

I think it's time to summon International Rescue.

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

No way dude! This ain't a one way street! I we are all getting generalized then you are too!!!!!

I was going to get Canada to back me up but I can't now either.

Unir a mis hermanos mexicanos!!!!

#282 10 years ago

America says "HELLO!"

BabyU.jpgBabyU.jpg

#283 10 years ago

Yay another preorder to argue about for the next 3 years

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yay another preorder to argue about for the next 3 years

Nope. Ain't nobody going to be arguing about this one. Unlike some of the others, this one will actually bring Pinsider's together!

#285 10 years ago

Some of us would still like a Thunderbirds Pin.

tumblr_lvrk2yZ4os1qit776o1_500.jpgtumblr_lvrk2yZ4os1qit776o1_500.jpg

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some of us would still like a Thunderbirds Pin

It would probably be a nice pin.

Now you have to look at it as a Thunderbirds Pin versus moving away from family and friends to a country Homepin likes.

I guess it is not in the cards.

But if it was:

With my luck I would move to a country that is on the "approved" list only to have somebody bash it on a forum. Damn, all that money I used for moving expenses flushed down the drain as the whole country gets thrown under the bus like the US and Canada.

#287 10 years ago

I'm hoping it's just a simple case of "having a bad day", and the ugliness that has been the last 24 hours or so, can be moved passed.

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from -Ian-:

I'm hoping it's just a simple case of "having a bad day", and the ugliness that has been the last 24 hours or so, can be moved passed.

Eh... based on previous Homepin discussions, this is SOP... granted, taken to a shining new level.

#289 10 years ago

I am going to smuggle one in from out of the country, 20,000$ by Christmas!!!!!!!

#290 10 years ago

Potential troll thread: What if Homepin sources parts from MAD Amusements? (Couldn't resist.)

#291 10 years ago

I am a proud aussie but I love many of the american things and have gained many US & Canadian friends through pinball. Please do not lump all of us Aussies into what one aussie says, please.

I was shocked when I read some of the posts and a little embarrassed, but if Mike wants to run his business like that I suppose that is his choice, but not something I would do.

All the best Mike and a kind g'day to all our US & Canadian friends

edit: added Canadian friends as well

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

WOW... Speechless.. Lumping every american in the same bucket? Isn't that what England did to the aussies? Are you all criminals? I doubt it.

Umm...pretty much!!

#293 10 years ago

Hahaha.....yep, Woz bash break/beer run!........

Horrible, like a greyhound that broke its ankle trying to get out of the box...done.....

#294 10 years ago

we have been bitching on other projects here about details, colors we don't like this and that... you name it and nobody went nuts au contraire it was good criticism and also to please the future customers.
now imagine if it was the case with this guy, what, nobody can say anything?
if you come in here showing off your stuff (even if you didn't start the thread) well, expect a lot of reactions, good and bad.

but bitching on the usa and canada because some don't like the damn thing and putting everybody in the same basket because you had bad experiences is pretty low.
personally i don't like the idea, others do and that ok.

the sad thing is, he's gonna lose all credibility in the future, not only for this pin but everything else he's got.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll just drive to Mexico to pick up mine.

I'll just buy a HUO kit version on EBay when the original owner can't figure out how to assemble it.

**Note to future EBay sell: PLEASE don't lose any of the pieces!

#296 10 years ago

I suppose one good thing has come of this thread. You all now know what Thunderbirds is

#297 10 years ago

Hmph

#298 10 years ago

I suppose one good thing has come of this thread. You all now know what Thunderbirds is

Can't argue with that! Perhaps the most daring marketing strategy in pinball history. Remains to be seen if the "Treat Em Mean, Keep Em Keen" policy will pay off just yet though...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#299 10 years ago

In Australia..

signbot3.gifsignbot3.gif

#300 10 years ago

Congratulations to Homepin for getting this license and their plans. I love to see Mike succeed.

As for the rest of the discussion: There will always be discussions about whether a chosen theme is appreciated or not. You can't please everybody. Stern's first title was Striker Xtreme. Not exactly a great theme and not aiming at USA at all. Well, they're still around. JJP picked WoZ as a theme, which is not the most logical choice if he was aiming at Europe.

I can only be happy with every new manufacturer giving pinball a try. Competition make everybody more creative. If there is one thing all the new boutique companies have shown (as far as they have shown a playable product) is that they surprised me with new things on a playfield and new rules to put in a pinball game (Predator, Matrix). I can only be happy about that and hope they all succeed. Pinball in general will benefit and so do the players/collectors.

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.