Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 37.
#201 10 years ago

When a faceless American hiding behind cloaked email addresses is blackmailing you it doesn't help either!

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I do not want it to be a "mega company".

You are truly a master of creating your destiny.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I don't want or need American customers, thanks but no thanks, you just are not worth the trouble.

Interesting. ....but do you need American distributors or manufacturers at all for all those pinball parts? There must be something US you need somewhere to have this made, either via part, distributor or license - no?

I just wonder, if so, if any of those people are hearing your anti-American remarks, such as PPS for example.

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It IS NOT about the money - I do not want ALL business - is that clear enough?
Homepin is and always has been a "hobby business". I do not want it to be a "mega company".

The only thing that is truly clear here is that you are extremely prejudiced against Americans.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I could never win a PP chargeback because it is simply too expensive to post things with tracking from Australia. I was charging $12 for post to the USA but every package cost me $17~18 to send anyway, and with no tracking.

This is a great example on how not to run a business.

I'm not sure what is wrong with saying: "Due to issues in the past, we require that all shipments to the US pay for tracking numbers, which is an additional $10 fee."

Instead, everyone of his customers from the US and Canada must be con artists out to steal his stuff. That's obviously the logical choice.

#206 10 years ago

I'll just drive to Mexico to pick up mine.

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

When a faceless American hiding behind cloaked email addresses is blackmailing you it doesn't help either!

Oh god, I have to hear more about this. Please do tell.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm down for a trip to TJ.

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I didn't start this thread and I never had any intention of doing so about this machine. Someone else chose to start this thread. I have just posted the following on an Australian pinball forum. I don't want or need American customers, thanks but no thanks, you just are not worth the trouble. Stick to Stern and JJP - they know best.

I'm sure the people who hold the Thunderbirds license (and are producing new episodes) are really glad you're on their list of folks making an officially licensed product.

You make a huge point in your rebuttal to tell us how you're not concerned about the money you'll lose by not selling to the North American market, but then tell us it's all because you lost a few bucks on PP chargebacks.

Which is it? Do you care about the money or not?

I think the reality is that you got your panties in a wad over the comments in this thread (which really weren't brutal at all compared to what can happen in a forum thread) and are acting more immature than anyone in business has a right to be.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't drive a block to buy anything from this boob.

#211 10 years ago

One more thing...

Thunderbirds are a NO-GO...for 2015!

#212 10 years ago

What a lame ass theme anyway. Brady Bunch would be better.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It IS NOT about the money - I do not want ALL business - is that clear enough?

Homepin is and always has been a "hobby business". I do not want it to be a "mega company"

Mission Accomplished. I don't think that's going to become an issue for you

- Sincerely,
American Thief (though I've never bought from you nor defrauded anyone)

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I kind of like the guy's attitude. We have all had groups of people we would rather not deal with. Including you and him.

#216 10 years ago

I think we need a couple more choices in the poll options now as well

#217 10 years ago

Legendary thread in the making. I can barely stay away.

#218 10 years ago

Unlike WoZ, at least we know when to expect our Thunderbirds.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Just when this thread was getting a bit predictable, we get espionage and paranoia! We're in for a fun ride, folks!

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

If my stance on not selling to the USA bothers you that's fine - you can get your parts elsewhere. I am not in this "for the money" and that point has been missed by most. I am doing it because it's what I love to do. That's what makes me different. Comments like "you have cut off 75% of your market" mean nothing to me - so what? I don't care - like I said, it IS NOT about the money.
There is another reason they can get lost but I am instructed not to mention it publically - the above should be enough to make my point crystal clear.

Well then...it's settled. F Thunderbirds, F your company, and F you.

#221 10 years ago

Go home HomePin, you're drunk

drunk.gifdrunk.gif

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Please don't insult boobs like that.

#223 10 years ago

This reads like its time for the popcorn.

#224 10 years ago

It is like I'm reading RGP here on Pinside!

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I kind of like the guy's attitude. We have all had groups of people we would rather not deal with. Including you and him.

Groups of people being all of North America?

Yeah, his attitude is great!

Quoted from o-din:

Unlike WoZ, at least we know when to expect our Thunderbirds.

Now that's funny!

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Go home HomePin, you're drunk

I feal all pink and elephunny

#227 10 years ago

Seems like a perfectly nice chap to me:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s2500843.htm

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

For a business owner, this is pathetic. Truly.
You may want to take a course in Marketing 101 if you want to have even an iota of a chance of succeeding in your new business.

Correct.

What do you mean? This is marketing gold, rob! /sarcasm

Oh man, I didn't realize someone could crap on themselves that many times, insane! lol

#229 10 years ago

This topic itches me down under.

#230 10 years ago

Well since it seems redemption won't be happening, I wish you good luck without the richest continent in the world supporting you. I will have ABSOLUTELY no trouble sourcing parts from others. It's not you who don't need us, it's us who don't need you. Areivederci, you have now completely ruined your worldwide reputation and are doomed to fail.

#231 10 years ago

Please don't sugar code it Crash, say what's on your mind

#232 10 years ago

At least he never took our deposits on a machine with a much higher demand, and then didn't deliver.

#233 10 years ago

Sorry for a negative first post, but I've been lurking for a while and this motivated me enough to post:

Quoted from Homepin:

I have almost decided that I will not make this machine available to the USA market. I may not even include an option for 110V.

The USA was never an intended market. There are 200 other countries..............

Have fun in the USA living in your sheltered world.

I'm busy now - taking the "post to the USA" option off my website for boards I make because I don't think I will sell them to anyone in the US anymore - ByeBye.

Yes, I am taking my bat and ball and going home (if any of you actually understand that).

We invented baseball, dummy. Of course we get it. If you had "I'm taking my wicket and going home", now that would have confused us. If you had said "I'm taking my shrimp to a different barbie" we would have all at least laughed.

Face it, you came up with a game idea a lot of people had no interest in and then got all freaked out when we people were less than enthusiastic.

And I'm no flag waving America-is-the-best-even-though-it's-statistically-proven-we're-not guy, but there's a reason Superman, Batman, Santa Claus and Jesus all speak English and are dubbed over hysterically into other languages. Its because we have the biggest "stuff thrown in landfills" per capita of any country. We buy things. And someone would have bought your game up here.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6milkI3Cx1qhhraoo1_500.gif

#234 10 years ago

I was prepared to say, "Shut up and take my money" because he seems to be developing great products. We were prepared to spend hundreds. But no, instead I was blatantly discriminated against by someone with a flawed argument who can't take mild criticism on a public forum. Now can we please close this thread?

#235 10 years ago

Playing WITH PUPPETS oh I am sorry Marionettes.

#236 10 years ago

No, NO. Dont close it! It hasnt reached meltdown levels yet!

#237 10 years ago

This is a nice diversion to the woz bashing, please don't close it

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I wish you good luck without the richest continent in the world supporting you.

Maybe he knows that all our money is now in China.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Maybe it should be a "Being John Malkovich" pin instead......

#240 10 years ago

lmao, it's just getting better and better.

gazelle_eating_pop_corn.gifgazelle_eating_pop_corn.gif

#241 10 years ago

Great theme Mike , best of luck with it .
Maybe Mike can look at other payment methods for our close friends in the US ,

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Maybe it should be a "Being John Malkovich" pin instead......

FTMFW

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At least he never took our deposits on a machine with a much higher demand, and then didn't deliver.

Give him time.

#244 10 years ago

I must be the only one that has never seen that movie.

Someone give me the abridged version?

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Master of Playing With Puppets LE

#246 10 years ago

If they weren't before, everybody should be familiar with who the Thunderbirds
are by now.

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I must be the only one that has never seen that movie.

Someone give me the abridged version?

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from TheMightySlouch:

Santa Claus and Jesus all speak English

Sure they speak it, but German is Mr Claus' native language, and Aramaic was Jesus'.

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

What do you mean? This is marketing gold, rob! /sarcasm

I actually agree with this, without the sarcasm. NOT being able to get this game, the forbidden fruit... it will truly be an exlusive LE model in the US. More rare than "The PIN", if that is possible. Certainly more of a rarity than the fake mass produced LE's we've been seeing. How do you make someone want something? Tell them they can't have it. Look at the response to the Metallica LE shortage... even I was tempted to grab one of the last ones from Canada. Then I remembered ~9-10K (with "essential" mods such as speaker upgrades and shipping) for a game is a lot of cash.

Quoted from jrivelli:

Oh man, I didn't realize someone could crap on themselves that many times, insane! lol

Yeah, It sounds like I have some catching up to do.

New three step process:
1. Announce Product
2. Piss off your customers and act like a baby.
3. ...Profit?

#250 10 years ago

We invented baseball, dummy. Of course we get it. If you had "I'm taking my wicket and going

They have sticky wickets.

cricket_boring.jpgcricket_boring.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
StempleLABS
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.