By tmontana

4 years ago

Stats

• 1,835 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Taxman
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 187 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg
slingassemble6 (resized).jpg
The_Mole (resized).jpg

There are 1839 posts in topic. You are on page 37 of 37.
#1801 1 year ago
Quoted from blue95:

I thought Shill was what they used to call these service stations in New Zealand

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

You crack me up.
I will keep that dictionary on hand for when you post... I just learnt a new word thanks to pinsanity.
Shill 1. an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.
"I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club".
Who would have thought Pinside would be so educational. Lol

Any day you learn something new is a good day.

An internet shill is someone who promotes something or someone online without divulging that they are associated with the entity they shill for. A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization. A shill may also act to discredit opponents or critics of the person or organization in which they have a vested interest through character assassination or other means.

Shilling in this case is legal, but morally dubious and ethically questionable.

Quoted from solarvalue:

Pinsanity, I consider myself to be a patient person but your posts are getting old. I think you've made your point. As a neutral member of this forum, please can you give it a rest now? Thanks.

Neutral member of pinside but long term member and frequent poster on AA.

Thanks for playing.

#1803 1 year ago

Let's just leave Australian products to them to handle.

#1804 1 year ago

Thanks for the pics....I like the fact your opto boards have sockets for the IC chips.

#1805 1 year ago

I am glade that Homepin is sharing all this information and I can not wait to see the finished pin.

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Neutral member of pinside but long term member and frequent poster on AA.
g.

I also post onAussiePinball, AussieArcade, Pinball Bash, Facebook, and Pinside.

I thought I was just a pinball fan, now I find I am Mike's brother, neighbour and business partner and probably his dentist.

Cool

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Pinsanity, I consider myself to be a patient person but your posts are getting old. I think you've made your point. As a neutral member of this forum, please can you give it a rest now? Thanks.

++++1. The way I see it Pinsanity, he's just jealous of Mike's work and tries to bring this thread down to make him feel better.

I appreciate the updates Mike provides on parts production, you can really appreciate what is required to make this happen. It's sad that some think it's cool to throw shit from behind a keyboard...cowards.

54321 TAG 2017 sweet. Making room for it now!

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I also post onAussiePinball, AussieArcade, Pinball Bash, Facebook, and Pinside.
I thought I was just a pinball fan, now I find I am Mike's brother, neighbour and business partner and probably his dentist.
Cool

Cavey, have you hijacked PBP's account?

Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

++++1. The way I see it Pinsanity, he's just jealous of Mike's work and tries to bring this thread down to make him feel better.

» YouTube video

I appreciate the updates Mike provides on parts production

Agree with this and have said public statements to that effect previously.

It's sad that some think it's cool to throw shit from behind a keyboard...cowards.

Agree with this also. The first pages of this thread are a virtual trainwreck in how not to handle potential customers as a business owner entering a new market.

Bring on Thunderbirds in 2017?

#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Cavey, have you hijacked PBP's account?

interesting edit

CoT is still a better man than you

#1811 1 year ago

I just watched this set tour of the Thunderbirds Are Go set at Weta Studio's New Zealand. I just love these real sets that have been built. Although the characters in the new show are animated, they use real filming sets and models. I miss the marionettes, but the sets and models are fantastic.

» YouTube video

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from blue95:

Are you allowed to use that art for the front of the manual?

That's a Haynes manual, not the actual TAG pinball manual.

Google thunderbirds haynes manual.

1 week later
#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

That's a Haynes manual, not the actual TAG pinball manual.
Google thunderbirds haynes manual.

The way I read his post, I think he was asking if Homepin "could" use the image for their pinball manual as it would be a pretty cool cover image for it.

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

The way I read his post, I think he was asking if Homepin "could" use the image for their pinball manual as it would be a pretty cool cover image for it.

Quoted from blue95:

Ok. I mis-read. I sit corrected.

#1818 1 year ago

It's actually felt pretty quiet in HK this week. I know there were protests down the street from my hotel, but zero impact from my perspective.

Anyway, tasty looking pics as always Mike - keep it up!

G.

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

It's actually felt pretty quiet in HK this week. I know there were protests down the street from my hotel, but zero impact from my perspective.
Anyway, tasty looking pics as always Mike - keep it up!
G.

It must be time we had lunch again......

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

One of the final mechanisms for Thunderbirds being tweaked before we order a large quantity of parts to build it.

How long will you run it for testing?

#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

How long will you run it for testing?

This is actually the third iteration of the mechanism. We had a few supply problems with the parts used in our original design so we modified it and improved it. We are already happy with how it works so it's just a matter of ensuring all the parts fit correctly.

#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It must be time we had lunch again......

Busy week unfortunately, next time mate.

1 week later
#1825 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I just watched this set tour of the Thunderbirds Are Go set at Weta Studio's New Zealand. I just love these real sets that have been built. Although the characters in the new show are animated, they use real filming sets and models. I miss the marionettes, but the sets and models are fantastic.
» YouTube video

Pity the new show is a absolute yawnfest and about as interesting as watching grass grow. It is so bad it is funny!
Hopefully the pin will leave that pos in it's dust.

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Pity the new show is a absolute yawnfest and about as interesting as watching grass grow. It is so bad it is funny!
Hopefully the pin will leave that pos in it's dust.

Right, the show is rubbish. I have it 4 episodes hoping it got better before giving up. Nowhere near as good as the original. The pin will be better than the new show.

#1827 1 year ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Right, the show is rubbish. I have it 4 episodes hoping it got better before giving up. Nowhere near as good as the original. The pin will be better than the new show.

I thought it was boring also, as it was they aired the first 6 episodes and re ran them.
Some must've found it interesting as I heard they were doing a second series.

Fortunately Mike's pin is based on the original series

#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I gave it 10 mins of episode one before switching off laughing at it's stupidity.
I have my fingers crossed for the game.

#1829 1 year ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I gave it 10 mins of episode one

You made it about 5 minutes further than I did. It was arse.

The original show is beyond awesome though.

One thing that always amazes me when I watch the original show, is a lot of the futuristic stuff they dreamed up in 1965 is now reality. They had a real good imagination. Like Thunderbird 2 is basically the space shuttle (but way cooler) and they have a space station etc etc. That was the stuff of crazy dreams in 1965.

rd

2 weeks later
#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You made it about 5 minutes further than I did. It was arse.
The original show is beyond awesome though.
One thing that always amazes me when I watch the original show, is a lot of the futuristic stuff they dreamed up in 1965 is now reality. They had a real good imagination. Like Thunderbird 2 is basically the space shuttle (but way cooler) and they have a space station etc etc. That was the stuff of crazy dreams in 1965.
rd

Alot of good drugs in the 60s RD

10 months later
#1831 3 months ago

Perfect time to bump this thread back to the top to see what a difference 4 years makes once the pertinent information begins to flow out from behind the bamboo curtain and can no longer be effectively controlled.

Quoted from Homepin:

Homepin is finally coming out the end of a very complex and very expensive time and this coming year will most certainly be one where the chickens will come home to roost for us.

Prophetic.

#1832 3 months ago

Downvote all you want from the two local loyalist lapdougs, but it's time to face facts Rover and Fido. Your master has just committed business suicide and it was 100% self inflicted.

Maybe if he had actually tried to take advice from those who have experience in positioning and selling a product to a new market and building customer relationships instead of surrounding himself with the local AA sycophants it wouldn't have turned out the way it has.

#1833 3 months ago

Looks like the local loyalists are supplementing their diet of pineapple juice with sour grapes. LOL.

#1834 3 months ago

Real class act that guy.

#1835 3 months ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Real class act that guy.

Birds of a feather.

true class (resized).jpg

classy all the way (resized).jpg

#1836 3 months ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Birds of a feather.

I saw some of those conversations before. I think some screen shots were posted in this thread. If they are not still here the Moderators probably removed them.

But there is more than that for sure.

#1837 3 months ago

He called his own girlfriend a racist, derogatory, and condiscending name and says she’s ok with it?

Wow. Sorry I don’t believe that. It’s likely she doesn’t realize the connotation.

Either way it still makes him classless and uncouth.

#1838 3 months ago

Australia is a small place in actuality.. 24 million people.. ~300k more than southern California. So, it's very tight nit and I've run across a few Mike types (work for USA satellite office of Australian company). Our HR lady (USA based) was rather shocked at what's still tolerated in that office.

#1839 3 months ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I saw some of those conversations before. I think some screen shots were posted in this thread. If they are not still here the Moderators probably removed them.

Just one of many based around the same recurring topic over a multi year period unfortunately. Anyone who wants to be some kind of apologist and write this off as a one off/out of context is very much mistaken.

Our local forum admittedly does foster and encourage this type of belief system but they are completely unrepresentative of the wider Aussie Arcade/Pinball community let alone broader Australian society.

Quoted from sd_tom:

Australia is a small place in actuality.. 24 million people.. ~300k more than southern California. So, it's very tight nit and I've run across a few Mike types (work for USA satellite office of Australian company). Our HR lady (USA based) was rather shocked at what's still tolerated in that office.

It really depends on the industry and particularly what parts of Australia you were in. I have worked for companies down here with strong trading ties to Asia and any employee who brought that kind of attitude into the workplace wouldn't last a week.

Most decent Aussies would be repulsed at such derogatory remarks against multiple minority groups but as the original crossposted remarks implied I guess that simply makes us part of the "snowflake generation."

#1840 3 months ago

Was this not at the pinball show in AU this past weekend? Keep looking for pics of this machine.

#1841 3 months ago

Wrong thread

#1842 3 months ago
Quoted from Taxman:

No, they weren't removed. It's just buried in the mega-thread somewhere.

Quoted from pinlink:

Were 10 months of posts just deleted from this thread?

No, this isn't the main homepin thread. Pinsanity just brought back this older inactive thread from the dead.

#1843 3 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

No, they weren't removed. It's just buried in the mega-thread somewhere.

No, this isn't the main homepin thread. Pinsanity just brought back this older inactive thread from the dead.

This was confusing me this weekend. I got my threads crossed.

But it did give me a chance to read back and people are right. He's been talking this way for years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DBC Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Various Other Swag
Double Danger Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 160.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Wheezer
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1839 posts in topic. You are on page 37 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside