Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 232 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 138 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 522 votes by 507 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 187 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg
slingassemble6 (resized).jpg
The_Mole (resized).jpg

There are 1843 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 37.
#1751 2 years ago

3 year old post titled "new pinball... ". Give it up already. Announce a machine when it's ready to actually play or go away. Not a insult to my aussie brethren btw

#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You wouldn't want to see one of those in your bedroom .... ouch!

rd

How bout we just call it screw mechanism under glass.

#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

3 year old post titled "new pinball... ". Give it up already. Announce a machine when it's ready to actually play or go away. Not a insult to my aussie brethren btw

If you look who started this thread, it wasn't Homepin. They were running under the radar if you know what I mean. But word gets out, and people chime in whether they have any interest in the project or not.

#1754 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thunderbirds has a lot of toy potential! I'd love to see a vanishing/rising magnet like totan themed after thunderbird 1 pool opening launch. And a return to replicate the thunderbird 2 launch with trees dropping to the side I would be sold!

In the demo cabinet we displayed at Pinfest Newcastle we had a sliding pool then T1 launched in the backglass (we intend to do more with this), also demo'ed were dropping trees leading to T2 with a ramp shot.

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Quoted from o-din:

If you look who started this thread, it wasn't Homepin. They were running under the radar if you know what I mean. But word gets out, and people chime in whether they have any interest in the project or not.

Homepin was very much doing our best to "fly under the radar" as we knew there was a long and difficult task ahead building a factory and then every part from scratch. We were not out "beating the drum" and would have preferred things to stay quiet for longer especially in light of "other events" that have happened in the last couple of years.

Too late to change that now so I have chosen to show people what we have achieved and what we are up when something of interest takes place.

Many following this thread don't want "negative Nellie" comments and would prefer to be kept "in the loop".

Please drain this thread if it bothers you.

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you think you can work this toy in there?

"The Mole" is most certainly "in there".......

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you think you can work this toy in there?

i see what you did there!

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The final price will not be known precisely until I have machines boxed and ready to ship but pre-order buyers will get theirs for the original "buy-in" price of AU$5432.10 (plus delivery and GST where applicable). We are very likely to have some good news for those buyers when shipping time comes but we are still juggling things so no announcements for now that I might have to retract later. Let's wait and see what pans out.
It is our aim to release SOME new machines next year for an RRP of AU$4999 (today's exchange in USD is $3804.00)

Mike, you are "rest Of the world" last hope. Keep it up!

#1759 2 years ago

Definitely a lot more traffic in this thread since some other companies' prices went up.

#1760 2 years ago

solarvalue i have to ask.. do you work in the industry'??

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Wait let me get this straight. This pin is 7500 dollars with a standard dmd and an old style proprietary asic board? The same type of game spooky released for 5500? Why would I ever buy this when I can spend 500 more and get a fully loaded JJP game?
Am I wrong on the price? This seems in line with a stern pro, feature set wise. Why is it priced higher than an LE?

If you have been following this venture for any length you would probably be realising by now that many public statements that were made at the outset can and often do "evolve" at a moment's notice.

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

In the demo cabinet we displayed at Pinfest Newcastle we had a sliding pool then T1 launched in the backglass (we intend to do more with this), also demo'ed were dropping trees leading to T2 with a ramp shot.

Awesome!! If you can incorporate the pinball into the T1 sequence more like say have the pool slide back and pinball rise out of the playfield for a T1 multiball, i will certainly be a buyer!

#1763 2 years ago

Homepin.... i have a question, rather personal. But.... is there gonne be some remembering to your wife on the pin?

Could be a nice way of rembering, just a little touch somewhere.

I can imagine when this pin is shipping to costumers, you will look up at the sky and think: we did it honey.

I hope that will be an fantasic, epic and warm moment for you. Wish you all the best and luck and please remind pinside has alot of good guys also.

Cheers.

#1764 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Declaring to make Thunderbirds pinball on both Australian forums, taking orders and payment up front for the concept isn't "flying under the radar" so to speak. Its declaring an intention to make a pinball machine called Thunderbirds Are Go. Once that was done the OP on this thread posted what was already officially announced elsewhere. Word got out because Homepin spoke the word.

#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Declaring to make Thunderbirds pinball on both Australian forums, taking orders and payment up front for the concept isn't "flying under the radar" so to speak. Its declaring an intention to make a pinball machine called Thunderbirds Are Go. Once that was done the OP on this thread posted what was already officially announced elsewhere. Word got out because Homepin spoke the word.

The difference is I NEVER intended (originally) to sell into the USA with this title and so I didn't "promote" anything here. Someone else did that then people went all funny when I tried to explain my position.

Anyway, I have no intention of going over all of that crap again. If Nighthawk is so bothered just don't waste time on this thread. Simple.

Leave space for those who are actually interested in following progress and the "negative Nellies" can find another sand pit to soil.

#1766 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The difference is I NEVER intended (originally) to sell into the USA with this title and so I didn't "promote" anything here. Someone else did that then people went all funny when I tried to explain my position.
Anyway, I have no intention of going over all of that crap again. If Nighthawk is so bothered just don't waste time on this thread. Simple.
Leave space for those who are actually interested in following progress and the "negative Nellies" can find another sand pit to soil.

Wait? People got all bothered? If i remember correctly you actually insulted american's quite rudely. That may have been the source of their anger. It's all in this thread. Go back to the first few pages for screenshots of you insulting americans as well as having text on your website doing the same. Don't play the victim.

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Wait? People got all bothered? If i remember correctly you actually insulted american's quite rudely. That may have been the source of their anger. It's all in this thread. Go back to the first few pages for screenshots of you insulting americans as well as having text on your website doing the same. Don't play the victim.

I thought all of that was behind us. If you don't want to play nice then I have better things to do with my time. Looks like I need to abandon this thread again because I'm just not interested in the usual Pinside crap from the usual small few ruining this site for the majority.

Play nice or go away - simple.

#1768 2 years ago

Some of today's work. Assembling sling mechanisms to the final finished stage.

slingassemble6 (resized).jpg

#1769 2 years ago

Yes when you are ready to show we will see.
And then you can make yourself a "official" thread.

#1770 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Yes when you are ready to show we will see.
And then you can make yourself a "official" thread.

Thanks. I certainly do intend for that to happen.

#1771 2 years ago

Any pictures of the flipper mechanisms yet?

#1772 2 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Any pictures of the flipper mechanisms yet?

Yes, they are shown in the pictures from Pinfest Newcastle.

We have two styles. The original ones we designed have taken quite a long time to bring together for many, many reasons and so, in order to get machines finished, we have basically gone with a traditional mechanism with a few improvements.

We will continue development on our original unique ones once we are in machine production and these will feature in machines at a later date.

There are just so many individual parts for us to make - far more than anyone could begin to imagine, including myself!!!

Every single part has to be drawn up, moulds or dies made, sample parts fabricated and then tested for so many different things it is mind boggling.

The traditional style flipper mechs have been undergoing trials for a few months now and we have tweaked a couple of the dies several times. We are now very happy with the performance BUT they won't "WOW" anyone as they look the same. Looks are deceiving though as the work involved to make these has been remarkable.

These mechs were displayed at Pinfest Newcastle so we haven't hidden the fact we are using them initially.

pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

#1773 2 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Surely there was an open apology on Pinside to Pinside and the USA?
Look...more pictures of parts!

#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Surely there was an open apology on Pinside to Pinside and the USA?
Look...more pictures of parts!

Yes, no parts = no machines.

Is that so hard to understand or do you think I can magically conjure up machines from dirt?

Go away - I am just too busy to be bothered with people who really have nothing better to do than pick holes or stir up trouble including yourself who has no interest other than dragging up the past.

Plenty of others have expressed an interest in seeing what I am doing. If you don't like that I couldn't give a toss.

While you were typing your drivel I was looking for the picture of parts we displayed at Pinfest so, yes, MORE parts pictures LOL. But this time the same ones Hahahahaha.

#1775 2 years ago

I'm very interested to see it, whenever that is.

Slow hand clap for Mike....Yay!

#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm very interested to see it, whenever that is.
Slow hand clap for Mike....Yay!

I wait also to see what you will ever positively contribute to pinball. Difference is I'm actually doing something, you are not!

#1777 2 years ago

I for one am enjoying seeing the progress of this machine. It shows that work is being done and Mike is proud of the products that are being designed and made.

It also shows why a machine like this isn't going to be an overnite project, but at the same time gives us all an idea when it will be close to completion. You don't get that very often in the pinball world, that's for sure.

#1778 2 years ago

I can't wait to see the finished product. Huge fan of the show as a kid. Might just have to find a spot for it in my gamesroom.

#1779 2 years ago

Thanks for the updates.

#1780 2 years ago

Three of us spent most of the day yesterday modifying the drop target mould and running samples. We are now pretty happy with the shape and operation of the targets. We beefed up the bottom where the plastic target screws to the hinge and also added a ramp to the top where they catch - also making this "catch ledge" 1mm wider.

The ramp we added protects any stickers that we might apply to the face of the targets as it prevents the face from scraping on the frame of the target assembly.

dtplastic (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg

#1781 2 years ago

In the meantime some other staff are making a fresh batch of 10 opto boards as Homepin agents are selling quite a lot of them.

We usually run 100 boards at a time but this batch will be 200pcs.

optoboards3 (resized).jpg

optoboards4 (resized).jpg

optoboards (resized).jpg

optoboards2 (resized).jpg

#1782 2 years ago

Continuing with sling mechanism assembly in a different part of the factory.

slingassemble8 (resized).jpg

slingassemble7 (resized).jpg

#1783 2 years ago

I find these parts pictures and details fascinating. Thanks for sharing. I hope that Homepin #2, and your parts, make it to the US pronto.

#1784 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I find these parts pictures and details fascinating. Thanks for sharing. I hope that Homepin #2, and your parts, make it to the US pronto.

Parts (boards) are already available in the US

#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Correct, Homepin's mistake is that he assumed he could bring the same derogatory attitudes and personality traits that is displayed with regularity on a parochial domestic forum like AussieArcade onto a global forum like Pinside with the presumption that the forum demographics of the former (in terms of entrenched corruption and bias on the part of the Administration/Moderation team and servile sycophancy on the part of the general membership) would be similar with the latter.

As the responses to his tirades against the world's largest pinball market in the first half of this thread indicate, that was an assumption that was proven very wrong.

#1786 2 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Correct, Homepin's mistake is that he assumed he could bring the same derogatory attitudes and personality traits that is displayed with regularity on a parochial domestic forum like AussieArcade onto a global forum like Pinside with the presumption that the forum demographics of the former (in terms of entrenched corruption and bias on the part of the Administration/Moderation team and servile sycophancy on the part of the general membership) would be similar with the latter.
As the responses to his tirades against the world's largest pinball market in the first half of this thread indicate, that was an assumption that was proven very wrong.

Do you ever wonder if Mike spends as much time thinking about you as you spend thinking about him?

#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

servile sycophancy

Hold on, I'm going to need a dictionary...

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Same shit different day. Give it a rest.

#1789 2 years ago

Hi Mike, can you tell me what that artwork is in the background of your drop target photo? Very Thunderbird-ish

IMG_0544 (resized).JPG

#1790 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Hi Mike, can you tell me what that artwork is in the background of your drop target photo? Very Thunderbird-ish

hahaha - it is the cover of the Thunderbirds Technical Manual. It is a great reference book and we have several of them.

#1791 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

hahaha - it is the cover of the Thunderbirds Technical Manual. It is a great reference book and we have several of them.

Are you allowed to use that art for the front of the manual?

#1792 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Are you allowed to use that art for the front of the manual?

Hadn't thought about it but we will come up with something appropriate.

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Do you ever wonder if Mike spends as much time thinking about you as you spend thinking about him?

Either way, it would pale in comparison to how much time you spend on here as a shill.

Quoted from jokerpoker:

Same shit different day.

Sounds like AA managerial doctrine.

Quoted from PinSinner:

Hold on, I'm going to need a dictionary...

Please do, for the sake of the nation's reputation.

51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg

#1795 2 years ago

These pictures are AWESOME! Can't wait to see final game.

#1796 2 years ago
Quoted from QuantumCarl:

These pictures are AWESOME! Can't wait to see final game.

Thanks, that would be "games" not game. Please remember we are building all of the basic blocks so we can make pinball machines. This is not ONLY about Thunderbirds pinball.

#1797 2 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Please do, for the sake of the nation's reputation.

You crack me up.

I will keep that dictionary on hand for when you post... I just learnt a new word thanks to pinsanity.

Shill 1. an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.
"I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club".

Who would have thought Pinside would be so educational. Lol

#1798 2 years ago

Great updates. Not sure why anyone is mad or gives Mike grief. Keep building my man.

#1799 2 years ago

Pinsanity, I consider myself to be a patient person but your posts are getting old. I think you've made your point. As a neutral member of this forum, please can you give it a rest now? Thanks.

#1800 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

You crack me up.
I will keep that dictionary on hand for when you post... I just learnt a new word thanks to pinsanity.
Shill 1. an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.
"I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club".
Who would have thought Pinside would be so educational. Lol

I thought Shill was what they used to call these service stations in New Zealand

Shell-Station (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 1843 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside