Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 37.
#1451 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Not at all, I signed the lease on the factory in December 2013 and we were operational in that factory by February 2015. All will be displayed with some excellent pictures of the factory progress at Pinfest next weekend for those interested.
You can't just "open a factory" and "start a business" overnight.
You might be referring to the date when Homepin announced it would build Thunderbirds pinball but that date is not even close to the actual "start on work towards the pinball" date.

Perhaps the better measuring standard would be the date you started taking preorder money for the Thunderbirds pinball?

#1452 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Perhaps the better measuring standard would be the date you started taking preorder money for the Thunderbirds pinball?

Not really as that was "testing the water" to see what interest there was out there. Work didn't start in earnest on the machine PARTS until we had proper facilities and the right staff to do so and that was quite some time after the initial announcement.

#1453 7 years ago

rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhtttttttt

#1454 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhtttttttt

When I see your efforts at building a pinball factory I might take a small bit of notice of you - until then your just another tryhard.

#1455 7 years ago

*you're

#1456 7 years ago

No as that would be "you are". Mine is correct - "the poster in post # 1453 is YOUR mate" LOL

#1457 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

No as that would be "you are". Mine is correct - "the poster in post # 1453 is YOUR mate" LOL

lol yeah good try.

the new code is running great .. you can check it tomorrow ok?

#1458 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

lol yeah good try.
the new code is running great .. you can check it tomorrow ok?

Excellent - thanks for that....

#1459 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Not really as that was "testing the water" to see what interest there was out there. Work didn't start in earnest on the machine PARTS until we had proper facilities and the right staff to do so and that was quite some time after the initial announcement.

That's certainly an interesting perspective regarding other people's money.

#1460 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

That's certainly an interesting perspective regarding other people's money.

Well I guess that's for those people to decide isn't it now.

#1461 7 years ago

I have said before I will stop contributing to this thread if posts are not constructive or enquiring - seems we have reached that point again.

No wonder so many flee this site, I'm done for a while!!!

Those interested can follow Homepin progress on FB at

Facebook.com/HomepinPinball

#1462 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I have said before I will stop contributing to this thread if posts are not constructive or enquiring - seems we have reached that point again.
Those interested can follow Homepin progress on FB at
Facebook.com/HomepinPinball

All of my posts fit both of your criteria.

They are simply questions and issues being asked that when raised on our domestic forums are met with blatant hostility, personal abuse and threats of being "unAustralian" (a rebuttal used by the weak minded) from those in both positions of authority and some sections of the general membership before being arbitrarily deleted and the member banned.

Pinside is now the only moderated pinball related forum where these issues can be brought to light without the threat of political machinations and pecuniary interests influencing moderator bias and intervention for your personal benefit.

This is how forums that aren't based around geographical parochialism from the leadership downwards operate, Homepin. Get used to it.

If your intention is to establish a presence in the US market in the future (and all your recent posts point to that) and you wish to maintain a presence on what is unquestionably the largest pinball site on the internet as a vehicle for that, then you need to accept that fact and deal with it like any business owner in a professional courteous manner.

Not by taking your bat and ball back to AussieArcade where the sycophants are plentiful but any new buyers will be zero.

You have more to lose from your decision than I do.

#1463 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

All of my posts fit both of your criteria.
They are simply questions and issues being asked that when raised on our domestic forums are met with blatant hostility, personal abuse and threats of being "unAustralian" (a rebuttal used by the weak minded) from those in both positions of authority and some sections of the general membership before being arbitrarily deleted and the member banned.
Pinside is now the only moderated pinball related forum where these issues can be brought to light without the threat of political machinations and pecuniary interests influencing moderator bias and intervention for your personal benefit.
This is how forums that aren't based around geographical parochialism from the leadership downwards operate, Homepin. Get used to it.
If your intention is to establish a presence in the US market in the future (and all your recent posts point to that) and you wish to maintain a presence on what is unquestionably the largest pinball site on the internet as a vehicle for that, then you need to accept that fact and deal with it like any business owner in a professional courteous manner.
Not by taking your bat and ball back to AussieArcade where the sycophants are plentiful but any new buyers will be zero.
You have more to lose from your decision than I do.

If I lose anything or not should be of no concern to you.

#1464 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

If I lose anything or not should be of no concern to you.

That kind of flippant remark made on a public forum by a new pinball startup which by proxy involves other people's money is my concern.

#1465 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I have no hate, I love all even Mr Doug after our little run in. I forget that not all are as broad shouldered as me and I apologise.
Keep posting please as I am playing EXTREMELY nice these days and am really looking forward to your beaut machine, the TAG
I am excited by all the press about the PINFEST talk and hopefully someone will spill the beans and produce photos and/or details.
Go team HOMEPIN YAAAAY!

#1466 7 years ago

Homepin are already shipping containers of cocktail tables every month, so they know how to get product out the door. In many ways TAG development should been seen as building a new platform rather then a single game, as literally every mass produced component has been made from scratch. This is not a jpop scenario where they are trying to reinvent the wheel, it's because China has really tough import laws. They protect their local market by having strict barriers to importing component products, I know this from my own business dealings with China (totally unrelated to pinball). So if you a new manufacturer such as spooky based in the USA you can source components such as the three standup drops from ATM and repurpos them as the ghost barrier in AMH with a new motor mech (using this as an example as Ben discussed this in a podcast not long back) were as homepin would need to build the whole feature from scratch.

I think all potential manufactures homepin included should take a leaf out of spooky's playbook and only take orders when they have a working prototype. It would avoid a lot of the negative discussions that occur on all forums. Also the only true way you can price any manufactured product is by having your build of materials locked down. Announcing a product and taking preorders before you know the cost of production is asking for trouble. If JJP had a full Bom for the wizard of oz before going into production the table would probably been priced a couple of thousand more then the initial launch. Would this have hurt sales, hell yes, but it also would of meant that JJP didn't need to get bailed out by investors, it was just lucky this option was on the table, as if JJP had failed with people's prepaid money then this hobby would be in a much worse state.

#1467 7 years ago

Some people just like to argue

#1468 7 years ago

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#1470 7 years ago

I'd like to say a big thankyou here to Mike from Homepin, he has donated one of his new Hankin cocktail tables to help the fundraising effort at this week's Newcastle Pinfest.

14332987_950533131741866_7569384265208960532_n (resized).jpg14332987_950533131741866_7569384265208960532_n (resized).jpg

#1471 7 years ago

Dont let the haters get you down! The majority of us are still very interested in everything you are doing. Please dont let trolls deter you from posting updates of any kind.

#1472 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Dont let the haters get you down! The majority of us are still very interested in everything you are doing. Please dont let trolls deter you from posting updates of any kind.

We are not "trolls" or "haters". We are very real people that are passionate about pinball! Bring on the new pinball machine.

#1473 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

That kind of flippant remark made on a public forum by a new pinball startup which by proxy involves other people's money is my concern.

If you are auditioning to be our Knight on a white horse here to save us all... please stop. We don't need you trolling people to try to 'bust' them. The people you are so keen to protect can make their own judgements.

#1474 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Why is it your concern? Do you have money into this? Be more positive.

#1475 7 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

He cannot
It is in his nature

#1476 7 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

It is healthy scepticism by way of raising legitimate concerns after doing due diligence and nothing more. Please don't interpret it as anything else as some would have you believe.

The fact these questions are met with abuse and post deletion on our domestic forums here in Australia simply raised my determination to at least put these concerns 'on the table'. Most people are now too shitscared (a bit of Aussie vernacular) to raise any kind of question on our domestic forums regarding any critical aspect of this new startup, so it was my hope that on a forum like pinside with a much broader demographic and competent unbiased administration and moderation team who aren't motivated primarily by financial benefit this would not be the case and we could get some greater transparency on this venture instead of having just about every aspect of it being hidden behind a bamboo curtain with only selective sporadic release of info.

In any event, I have neither the inclination or motivation to take this matter further in a public manner since as mentioned above after doing the appropriate due diligence I decided putting money down would not be in my best interests. Should that restrict me from further public comment though? No less than a commenter who has no money down either but chooses to post with constant lauding.

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

He cannot
It is in his nature

That is a very different attitude to what you expressed to me with your concerns quite some months back, PBP via private message on AussiePinball regarding tangible progress, the timeframes involved and your deposit money in this venture.

Is there a public versus private persona at play here?

At the very least have the integrity to declare your pecuniary interest in this before passing value judgements on me.

#1477 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Bye, Felecia!

#1478 7 years ago

Everytime this topic gets interesting, with some nice pics and info, some fools like pinsanity and rarehero mess it up.

Why is pinside so weak with handling trolls? Kick some one out when the only thing they add is bad air.

I want to know everything about this pin. But all i read is hate towards a man who lost his wife and is trying to finish their dream.

Unbelievable...

#1479 7 years ago

<blockquote cite="#3358771"
Why is pinside so weak with handling trolls? Kick some one out when the only thing they add is bad air.

I believe pinside is a true forum and lets honest people speak their minds. Well done to pinside and all of its members!

You can follow the Thunderbird thread on Aussie Arcade. Any "bad air" is removed by the moderators who also happen to be the sponsors. We are looking forward to seeing the machine in a few days time.

#1480 7 years ago

@Pinsanity, I have posted in this thread that I an a fully paid up buyer of this game

Yes, I have concerns, yes it will take more time until we get our games

No, I don't need you to'save' me from Mike

#1481 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Although I've only read this last page, I'm sure pinsanity is just concerned about another JPOP, I can't blame him for being cautious after all that and other pinball startup attempts that have gone very sour, with enormous amounts of money involved. I've found that the pinball hobby decreases the perceived value of the dollar very very much and people tend to throw thousands around like it's nothing. Surely it's a lot to be throwing out there, confident or not.

As for him putting it on this thread, how much people speak their minds varies by personality. I'm pretty sure it's just a mix of that.

Not saying I agree or disagree as I haven't read into this nearly enough, but just wanted to add that I understand your point.

#1482 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Thanks for the great words. We looked at many different themes that were available to us and also carefully considered our target market. Thunderbirds is an all time classic that was amazingly popular in most countries around the world EXCEPT the USA. Team America is practically unheard of outside the USA and would have little appeal to anyone else and would probably not sell to any country other than the USA.
Thunderbirds has incredible potential with the toys and action which is all family friendly and this was high on our list of requirements. The story lines and action sequences are ideally suited to pinball more that many other contenders.
We knew right from day one that it would be impossible to please everybody - the comments coming from other countries are all of amazement and people begging to give us money. If it doesn't sell to the USA that won't faze us at all. We have a production limit of 2000 machines worldwide and feel it will be achievable - approximately 25% of these will be sold as kits - yes, a full size pinball kit!
I understand that many in the USA "don't get it" - different parts of the world sure do and that is one reason this theme has "flown under the radar" for others.

Is this still the plan, to sell pinball machines as a kit? We love Team America and so do most of our friends. We are all Aussies. Team America is a take off of the Thunderbirds.

#1483 7 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Everytime this topic gets interesting, with some nice pics and info, some fools like pinsanity and rarehero mess it up.

Oh please - sensitive flower big baby Mike already declared he was leaving before I even said anything. ANYTHING anyone says sets him off. Either kiss his ass or he cries foul. Who does he think he is, Australian Trump? This is a guy trying to make a pinball business. We're potential customers. His whole "I'm doing YOU a favor" attitude stinks.

#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Is this still the plan, to sell pinball machines as a kit? We love Team America and so do most of our friends. We are all Aussies. Team America is a take off of the Thunderbirds.

Team America is one of my dream pinball themes.
You could always re-theme tbag into ta I guess.

#1485 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Team America is one of my dream pinball themes.
You could always re-theme tbag into ta I guess.

haha you said T bag

#1486 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bye, Felecia!

Didn't you already leave here once in fits? Remember, three times and you are out!

#1487 7 years ago

Went to Australia's Pinfest today with an open mind, and honestly not much to tell from that that is on Facebook or on this thread.

- common pinball parts are copies of Bally / WMS / Stern mechs but with little tweaks and improvements which is nice to see and granted would take alot of work to create all the dies etc.

14066248_1094528317289843_5310921428283333737_o (resized).jpg14066248_1094528317289843_5310921428283333737_o (resized).jpg
13886887_1078823738860301_6548688930546702428_n (resized).jpg13886887_1078823738860301_6548688930546702428_n (resized).jpg
14205938_1098989920177016_7871282067705123899_o (resized).jpg14205938_1098989920177016_7871282067705123899_o (resized).jpg

- noticed the flipper mechs are now like the 90's Bally / WMS and not like his first concept

screen-capture-21 (resized).pngscreen-capture-21 (resized).png
screen-capture-22 (resized).pngscreen-capture-22 (resized).png

- the pop bumper is similar to old Stern with a few tweaks but comes with a pcb which is nice the pop bumper body that is closest to the skirt is a clear so gives it a cool nice glow.

13240142_1030519867024022_4504682691444359486_n (resized).jpg13240142_1030519867024022_4504682691444359486_n (resized).jpg

- he had a few various plastic molded parts from pop bumper caps and switch spoons etc as well as clear flipper buttons (able to be lit) - which are different to regular buttons and felt weird as almost leading to a deeper almost v shape - if similar to the ones on Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

13323333_1033897956686213_8048158075957932419_o (resized).jpg13323333_1033897956686213_8048158075957932419_o (resized).jpg
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy

- NOTE: (though I could be wrong) to those wanting replacement parts for other games that China is Metric so all mechs, bolts etc are metric so there could be the possibility of things not perfectly fitting.

- cabinet art was that of previous release so not wowed by it, but the backbox el panel is nice and effective as it wasn't a dark room and stood out, nice work there.

TAG_SAMPLE (resized).jpgTAG_SAMPLE (resized).jpg

- the cabinet looks very similar to a Bally / WMS but the backbox seems to have a move additional little 15-25mm peak for half of the top front edge - sure it will link with a topper - just hope there is enough clearance to not smash the glass when folded down for transport.

- I like the cabinet rails as they have a wrap around the front edge
CabinetMetalwork (resized).jpgCabinetMetalwork (resized).jpg

- backglass / translite - was the word thunderbirds, with I think on memory 5 characters and then the top half of the trans is the island scene in which behind it when the pool opens a rocket is on a mech that rotates around and must be backlit and casts a rocket shadow onto the trans. Sure this will be improved but get the idea.

- speaker panel had 2 large and 2 small speakers and then a colour rgb dmd type screen but they said the resolution will be much better in the future but current was nice. No art on the plain timber panel but apparently coming...

- the coin door was a half size door sitting to the rhs and get that it doesn't have to be a full door but you do get use to a look, sure they will balance it as looks odd to one side.

- as for the playfield - it was a very very bare bare whitewood
- had a pop bumper cluster
- had a mech to the top lhs with a screw drive with a paper / cardboard picture of a pool and it opens and that is when the translite hidden shadow image activates - will be effective once fully completed.
- rhs side upper corner is a ramp - not sure if it lifts up but leading up to the ramp is 3-4 triangle inserts and 3 palms on one side and 2 palms on the other side and these fold down 30-45 degrees from the vertical probably on a launch mode - is effective.

13906874_1078824168860258_5039084736584623006_n (resized).jpg13906874_1078824168860258_5039084736584623006_n (resized).jpg

all photos from forums and facebook - no cameras allowed but in one way good to see some progress.

I do have concerns with Chinese quality, as in made to spec as just from Sids stories sounds like they have lots of dramas and revisions and probably a full time job monitoring this in the future. Other concern is the steel quality as Chinese are well know for blending steels so stainless is not full stainless as the lockdown bar appeared to have some minor rust imperfections / colouring.

As for deadline - finished when it is finished ??????

hope that helps those curious

#1488 7 years ago

Alright! Thanks for the update....too bad cause we need pics to keep the interest up, one can use this forum like free consulting to see what collectors like or dislike.

#1489 7 years ago

The flipper assembly looks strange. Kinda reminds me of a Gottlieb drop target reset coil bracket with a flipper linkage attached. Looks kind of klunky.

I didn't see how this assembly attaches to the playfield. A strap maybe?

#1490 7 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

The flipper assembly looks strange. Kinda reminds me of a Gottlieb drop target reset coil bracket with a flipper linkage attached. Looks kind of klunky.
I didn't see how this assembly attaches to the playfield. A strap maybe?

the one in the photo was a old Homepin concept that I dragged out to confirm that they stuck with a traditional 90's Bally concept though in metric.

#1491 7 years ago

The thing I liked about all the mechs was that they all have molex plugs. So if there is an issue, you can unscrew the old one, unplug it and then put a new one in without even needing to get the soldering iron out.

#1492 7 years ago

I figured..you know, I haven't looked at this in 2 years, maybe it's time to see if anything is still going on , and then it's just same sh-, different day.

#1493 7 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

The thing I liked about all the mechs was that they all have molex plugs. So if there is an issue, you can unscrew the old one, unplug it and then put a new one in without even needing to get the soldering iron out.

I hope they're the 'new' style molex connectors with the symmetrical sides, rather than the ancient original molex connectors used in old pinball machines with the asymmetrical connector with a square edge on one side and a triangle / pyramid on the other? The former are used everywhere, now ... the latter, almost nowhere.

#1494 7 years ago

same same but different.

#1495 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

@Pinsanity, I have posted in this thread that I an a fully paid up buyer of this game
Yes, I have concerns, yes it will take more time until we get our games
No, I don't need you to'save' me from Mike

You were the one who initiated contact with me with your concerns.

Quoted from sparkup:

same same but different.

Ballsy.

#1496 7 years ago

Aussie Pinfest 2016 is over and it is quiet on all our forums, what happened? any updates please. Swinks gave a little insight on AP ( thanks mate ) but we want more.
How did the people perceive the updates?
Surely someone snuck a photo, surely?

#1497 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Aussie Pinfest 2016 is over and it is quiet on all our forums, what happened? any updates please. Swinks gave a little insight on AP ( thanks mate ) but we want more.
How did the people perceive the updates?
Surely someone snuck a photo, surely?

to be honest nothing really worth while snapping a photo of - nothing new or exciting

#1498 7 years ago

I heard the same news, that there was no news.

#1499 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

to be honest nothing really worth while snapping a photo of - nothing new or exciting

Same art work on cab, as already seen. Mike said actual art will be similar but not the same.
Was a true "white wood", nothing on playfield other than a couple of palm trees, printed pool pitcher.
Display was in colour, quite large dots. Backglass had IR members on it.
Mike said he expects to be shipping in first quarter '17. Quality and feel of parts was all A1.

#1500 7 years ago

Cheers Freak, what about the ball situation? need some new balls but have to make sure they are right as the 2 games I need them for have multiple magnets
When you say pool pitcher, do you mean picture or am I missing something to do with TB?

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.