Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 37.
#1251 8 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Contracts require performance bonds and liquidated damages for delays. I don't think valid excuses are acceptable without cost in the real world. And we all know that pinball manufacturing exists in neverland (except for stern). I really don't know why anyone should believe your secret handshake inside info, rob. We've all heard exactly these things in the recent past from others with the "secret" knowledge. You're probably just an employee or vendor anyway.
In other words, your assurances are worth exactly what we pay for them. I especiallly like how you say "no one's business" when the guy is sitting on prepayments. You should reassess what you know and what you say.

Can i clarify "no one's business" by this i mean things that are private and do not need to be aired on a public forum. I did not mean my post to be seen as secret handshake info, merely to share some details of a conversation i had with Mike, hopefully to assure some people that everything in my opinion is going well given the delays to date.

Sure, i do not expect everyone to share or even believe my opinion, and that is fine. However i do hope it helps those who know me here in Australia and/or have pre ordered.

#1252 8 years ago

Personally I don't really care who the designer is as long as the game is a good shooter etc. Mike said the designer was a well known guy but even a great designer doesn't design a great game all the time.

Mike is a great engineer and has helped me out a few times repairing boards on my pins and of course we know he makes new boards for some games which have thicker traces etc.

I have the first Hankin clone cocktail table he made and I'm very happy with it. it did have a couple of small issues but Mike sent replacement parts over straight away so his service again was second to none and he stood behind his product like all others should.

Now he has done the lowboy arcade machines so hopefully the pin can be worked on now and released late in 2016 for all of us to see and hopefully enjoy.

#1253 8 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

I was going through my boxes of pinball stuff and came across this little keepsake Mike sent me in 2014. Will be worth $5K by Christmas.
Scan_3_(resized).jpeg
Scan_4_(resized).jpeg

I sacrificed that to the pinball gods years ago.

1 month later
#1254 8 years ago

New electroluminescent side panels from home pin.
Wow that is a great new idea.

Thunderbirds_Side_Backbox_(resized).pngThunderbirds_Side_Backbox_(resized).png

4 weeks later
#1255 7 years ago

The homepin website has been giving me this error message the past several days:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to bandwidth limit has been reached for this site. Please try again later.

#1256 7 years ago

-Removed, please re-read Pinside rule #1 -

#1257 7 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

The homepin website has been giving me this error message

Curious what made you post it publicly? fun setting the peanut gallery off ?
wouldnt it be more decent to just send the bloke a message to tell him?

#1258 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Quick, quick someone is asking about Mr Homepin and his minion chimes in and runs off to tell him, good grief.
Blame it on China.
Do you even listen to your self? Does he give you a reach around?

chairborne_(resized).jpgchairborne_(resized).jpg

#1259 7 years ago

Ive never even met the man andrew. I just treat decent people like decent people. ( case in point, asking ken a perfectly reasonable question).

not sure why you see the need to be so obnoxious?, perhaps its time you talked to someone in the real world if you're feeling lonely or jealous?
pinside isnt a stage for you to improve your self esteem by denigrating the efforts of others and making offensive homophobic slurs. It just makes you look small and kinda petty. Please dont feel the need to reply.

#1260 7 years ago

You treat people like peanuts and this is what happens . I also have never met him but based on my opinion I would rather not.
This is my reply and there is nothing decent about excuses and people who defend them which have a vested interest, but who am I talking about? I will continue to order from your company when required if you think this is OK.
I also have no one to impress but myself and I am pretty chuffed so far, thanks.
I also prefer Andy
Hope you get a response Ken.

#1261 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

chairborne_(resized).jpg

Is this the keyboard commando unit you are attached to?

#1262 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1263 7 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

The homepin website has been giving me this error message the past several days:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to bandwidth limit has been reached for this site. Please try again later.

Had no problem accessing just then.

#1264 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had no problem accessing just then.

mike fixed it earlier. its all sorted

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

(...) there is nothing decent about excuses and people who defend them which have a vested interest, but who am I talking about? I will continue to order from your company when required if you think this is OK.(...)

You arent a customer of ether of my companies andrew. Judging by your confusion over who has a vested interest in what Id say you're probably a customer of one of my well known customers.. Good for you.. I dont care. No interest at all in your opinion on anything.. please stop replying to me.

#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

You arent a customer of ether of my companies andrew. Judging by your confusion over who has a vested interest in what Id say you're probably a customer of one of my well known customers.. Good for you.. I dont care. No interest at all in your opinion on anything.. please stop replying to me.

But you are a peanut that constantly asks for it by speaking for HOMEPIN. You deserve all the crap that flows to you.
I have said it once and I will say it again, let HOMEPIN speak for themselves.
Nice pics cooked71, it must be getting close hey? I actually meant that
love Andy not Andrew what ever you are wirepuller, I mean wiredoug.

#1267 7 years ago

Andrew
I dont really understand your ongoing fascination with the idea I give the slightest bit of a damn what you think? You're a nobody thats of no consequence to anything im involved in so I dont really care what your opinion of me is. Its no issue for you to think what you like, please feel most welcome to go ahead and do that, just please stop telling me what your opinion is. Im not interested.

Think what you like, just stop replying to me, .. its a pretty simple request that.. see if you can handle it.

#1268 7 years ago

Send me a PM Mr Wirepuller with you request and I will consider. You obviously DO care what I want think.

Love Andy the keyboard commando

#1269 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

... Think what you like, just stop replying to me, .. its a pretty simple request that.. see if you can handle it.

Is this a kind of "I get the last word" argument? There are a lot of sensitivities here...

#1270 7 years ago

I just can't help but think of JPOP when I see little details like this.

Do you think a technician repairing a failure will be impressed? These details are the kind of things that culminate into failure. It demonstrates an inability to stay focused on the goal..

And if anyone needs to be reminded, the goal is to deliver games to customers. How can anyone behind schedule spend even a moment on strange and useless things like this? Will the final brackets be stamped, or should we expect to see productions pieces cut with a water jet (or whatever was used) and bent on a press brake?

bracket_(resized).jpgbracket_(resized).jpg

#1271 7 years ago

When you make your own brackets, would make no difference having your logo on them.

#1272 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

I had been experiencing the 509 error for several days. I do not have any contact information for that company. I thought that somebody would relay the message to him that his website was down. That is why I posted.

#1273 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Do you think a technician repairing a failure will be impressed? These details are the kind of things that culminate into failure. It demonstrates an inability to stay focused on the goal..
And if anyone needs to be reminded, the goal is to deliver games to customers. How can anyone behind schedule spend even a moment on strange and useless things like this? Will the final brackets be stamped, or should we expect to see productions pieces cut with a water jet (or whatever was used) and bent on a press brake?

Wow - why so negative about my efforts to build pinball machines??

In fact, to include the logo on the bracket was a 30 second exercise - a simple 'drag N drop' into the CAD drawing then grab the corner and size it - finished! The sample parts were then laser cut (adding ZERO time to make and ZERO extra cost to the part). We fold all bits like these in-house. The logo added ZERO time to the folding process.

Stamping dies are initially electro-wire cut so the logo may add five minutes to that part of the process?? Hardly worth getting all hot under the collar about it.

FYI there will be many 'hand made' parts in Homepin pinball machines. It makes no difference if the part is stamped in the thousands or hand made one by one. As long as the finished parts do the job as they are designed to do I will be happy with that.

In any case, have a look at almost every manufacturers product, most have some form of name or logo identifying them.

I'm exceptionally proud of my efforts so far and adding my logo to parts I make is a badge I'm happy to wear. It also clearly identifies this assembly as a "Homepin part".

There are plenty of more legitimate things you can pick on me for so how about find something worth bitching about and stop being a nitpicker.

Like I mentioned earlier, I am happy to update the thread with new information but not when I am lambasted by people with no dog in the race and with no interest in the project anyway. Go and build your own pinball factory and see how you go.

PS: the Homepin.com website was down as there has been so many people logging on they used up my bandwidth allocation on the hosting plan I had. I paid more money and upgraded the plan so it is back online now.

#1274 7 years ago

Keep up the good work and ignore the negotiate vibes. People who have nothing good to say should keep their mouth shut. Best of luck!!!

#1275 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

bracket_(resized).jpg

If I were making a pinball machine, id be proud to have my logo all over it also... it brands the product and adds a nice touch. In fact its good business to brand each part like this and after a while, the logo becomes instantly recognizable just like Williams .. Bally..Gottlieb signature etc. It denotes a non generic part or reproduction.

Ive seen people restore a PF and sign it or put a sticker down and then CC over the top. Now that IS arrogance.

What we see here is Mike branding his product.. and quite rightly so.

#1276 7 years ago

Gottlieb stamped their name into the metal brackets on many parts. Same with Williams, but they used their "W" logo on their parts.

#1277 7 years ago

Ok...apologize in advance...not reading all these posts.....does this pin exist? Pics? Price? Etc.

#1278 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok...apologize in advance...not reading all these posts.....does this pin exist? Pics? Price? Etc.

I obtained the licence to build Thunderbirds Pinball from ITV about 2.5 years ago and then moved to China and started a pinball factory from scratch. The project was slowed because of the death of my wife of 38 years. It was due to be exhibited at Pinfest (Newcastle Australia) in September last year.

We are now back on track and full steam ahead.

We are striving to have a proto at this years Pinfest.

Homepin is making EVERY single part. We are not buying in anything as that is too complex in China (and for other reasons).

#1279 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I obtained the licence to build Thunderbirds Pinball from ITV about 2.5 years ago and then moved to China and started a pinball factory from scratch. The project was slowed because of the death of my wife of 38 years. It was due to be exhibited at Pinfest (Newcastle Australia) in September last year.
Homepin is making EVERY single part. We are not buying in anything as that is too complex in China (and for other reasons).

Wow...thank you for update...very sorry to hear of the death of your Wife...hope you are getting by ok.

Project sounds cool....Ill try to stay tuned moving forward, and possibly pick one up from you down the road...all the best...mark

#1280 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Like I mentioned earlier, I am happy to update the thread with new information

Please do!

#1281 7 years ago

Mike, next time I'm in China on business wouldn't mind a visit to the factory. I understand last time was not opportune for you and my sincere condolences to you and your family. Smart business heading to china and after our chat I truly believe you are heading down the right path. Glad your there and in for the long haul keep up the great work.

#1282 7 years ago

Anyone interested (and everyone criticising) should listen to Mikes interview on Pinheadz Podcast....

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pinheadz-pinball-podcast/id782889884?mt=2

http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/pinheadz-19-pinball-building-dont-try-this-at-home/

Absolutely no comparison to this business and Jpop/Skitb "passion projects". First and foremost is Mike is investing a significant amount of his own money in this. Secondly he has what sounds like a solid business model in regards to establishing cash flow early with a clear picture of potential markets for his products.

Homepin is not all about Thunderbirds. That's just one game (and IMO it's a fantastic theme). Mike is establishing a Chinese factory capable of manufacturing pinball parts, pinball machines and arcade games from the ground up. Once established, he can offer OEM, licenced games, stock and custom parts for existing pinball manufacturers in other countries, corporate branded products etc. etc.

#1283 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Mike, next time I'm in China on business wouldn't mind a visit to the factory. I understand last time was not opportune for you and my sincere condolences to you and your family. Smart business heading to china and after our chat I truly believe you are heading down the right path. Glad your there and in for the long haul keep up the great work.

No problem at all - as you are aware I wasn't in a good place during your last China trip.

Happy to catch up and show you first hand what we are up to.

#1284 7 years ago

So looking forward to the release of this game can't wait to see the finished product. Good luck Mike and please update here where possible.

#1285 7 years ago

Some plungers being assembled. Also, we only use genuine Loctite in the Homepin factory. The generic Chinese stuff is probably just as good and is 1/3 the price but I trust Loctite (even though it's made in China LOL).

plunger_assembly_(resized).jpgplunger_assembly_(resized).jpg

loctite222_(resized).jpgloctite222_(resized).jpg

#1286 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Looking forward to Pinfest even more now Not just for Sid's annual visit.

#1287 7 years ago

Pinfest is friday week,
hoping to see something impressive.
keep up the good work

#1288 7 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Pinfest is friday week,
hoping to see something impressive.
keep up the good work

24th - 26th of September. It's in Australia.

#1289 7 years ago

My father and I are HUGE Thunderbirds fans. He grew up watching the show, and when TechTV was still a thing, we'd watch old re-runs of it together when I was young. TechTV would always have a little bar that would explain certain scenes, saying things like "In this scene, the buttons and knobs all came off of the director's toaster oven from the studio. He wasn't happy with the original set piece." The Thunderbirds were great with all their sequences and "supermarionation." So classic. How could anyone dislike it??

Once TechTV became G4 and stopped broadcasting, he bought the entire set on DVD so we could continue watching the show. By chance, we also found a used imported Thunderbirds Pachislo Slot Machine (The one here isn't my personal machine, just an internet picture since I'm at work), and what a great slot machine it is!

21195845_1_l_(1)_(resized).jpg21195845_1_l_(1)_(resized).jpg

This pinball machine would be the most perfect companion to our slot machine, I might have to start saving up now. This would be a PERFECT retirement gift for my dad.

Homepin, thanks for giving Thunderbirds the love and recognition it deserves! I'm really looking forward to seeing this project progress.

#1290 7 years ago

When i was a youngster,this was called SuperCar!!Thunderbirds came later i think! O-DIN do you remember SuperCar??

#1291 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

When I was a youngster, this was called Super Car!!Thunderbirds came later I think! O-DIN do you remember SuperCar??

Super Car came out in 1961 and was filmed in black & white. Next came Fireball XL5 in 1962 (also in black & white). Both distributed by ITC (Independent Television Corporation). I loved both of those shows. ITC also distributed such famous British shows such as The Saint (starring Roger Moore) and The Avengers (starring Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg).

#1292 7 years ago

I really like the Homepin logo. Really wish I had something similar for my projects.

#1293 7 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Super Car came out in 1961 and was filmed in black & white. Next came Fireball XL5 in 1962

Of the Sylvia and Gerry Anderson shows, UFO, which I think was their first live action show, was my favorite when I was a kid. Was a great concept, and the special effects were pretty cool for the time. Too bad it was so short lived.

#1294 7 years ago

So this "new" title will only be relevant to old men? Hell I'm old and had never even heard of the series. So you can't even count on a full load of "old men" orders.

Seems like an odd title to start out a hopefully successful product line. IMHO obviously

#1295 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Of the Sylvia and Gerry Anderson shows, UFO, which I think was their first live action show, was my favorite when I was a kid. Was a great concept, and the special effects were pretty cool for the time. Too bad it was so short lived.

Space 1999 was their last live action show. It was pretty cool. I personally liked it better than Star Trek at the time.

#1296 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So this "new" title will only be relevant to old men? Hell I'm old and had never even heard of the series. So you can't even count on a full load of "old men" orders.
Seems like an odd title to start out a hopefully successful product line. IMHO obviously

Quoted from Manic:

First - to the negative nellies - do not take this post the wrong way!!! It IS NOT "USA bashing".

There are many many things that were and are VERY popular outside the USA. For Homepins first machine we wanted a family friendly title that was attractive to our MAIN target market. That market Homepin identified as Australia, New Zealand, UK and Europe in general.

The USA and other countries are seen as a very small market for this title by Homepin.

I am fully aware that Thunderbirds was not that well known in the USA but I can assure you it was (and still is) MASSIVE and VERY well known in our target countries.

The series has recently be revamped and released and was met with good reviews to the point where ITV have put up the money for a further new series.

Thunderbirds is not "for old men" - far from it. It is a family friendly show that has wide appeal.

I could suggest that themes such as WWE and practically all basketball/baseball games have next to no appeal to my target markets although they are probably very popular in the USA.

Different strokes for different folks.

Homepin IS NOT setting up to go head to head with other manufacturers, rather we are seeking out our own unique customers.

Thunderbirds is certainly not a title that will appeal to all but then, what title is? I personally wouldn't allow a GOT or WD anywhere near my home but they have both proven to be very popular - again, different strokes for different folks.

Far from being a "strange" or "odd" choice for a first title I believe Thunderbirds is the PERFECT first title for us.

There are other reasons it was chosen as well but I won't detail them here.

I can confirm that there is very strong interest from a large USA importer to bring Homepin machines to the USA so those who are interested in one will have an opportunity to see/play/buy.

#1297 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Homepin IS NOT setting up to go head to head with other manufacturers, rather we are seeking out our own unique customers.
Thunderbirds is certainly not a title that will appeal to all but then, what title is? I personally wouldn't allow a GOT or WD anywhere near my home but they have both proven to be very popular - again, different strokes for different folks.
Far from being a "strange" or "odd" choice for a first title I believe Thunderbirds is the PERFECT first title for us.
There are other reasons it was chosen as well but I won't detail them here.
I can confirm that there is very strong interest from a large USA importer to bring Homepin machines to the USA so those who are interested in one will have an opportunity to see/play/buy.

Thanks for polite reply. I didn't realize it wasn't a USA TV show (I'm a dumb Yank and figured it must have been an unsuccessful American show) but I DID figure you must have done some market research to make sure it would be a popular product. Sounds like I was at least correct on that point and your reasoning seems convincing.

Ok consider me enlightened and good luck with your pending rollout. Hope it's a big success.

#1298 7 years ago

Well said Mike. Thanks for the updates.

#1299 7 years ago

Still hanging out for this! Quick question Mike: After the launch date, do you have a rough idea of how long the machine will be manufactured/sold for? Only because I know I'd love to get one, but have no clue about whether there'll be another run of TAG after the first, how long the license allows it (if it's not indefinite) etc.

I'm glad things seem to have cooled down in this thread as well, hopefully this means that those who are unfamiliar with the franchise will now look at it as something akin to an original theme rather than something that isn't targeted towards them.

#1300 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Thunderbirds is not "for old men" - far from it. It is a family friendly show that has wide appeal.

Looking back at the poll, I probably voted "Thunder-who" two years ago. I had a souvenir of Thunderbirds and my initial reaction was negative.

And then... I slowly understood why Thunderbirds make sense.

It has a distinctive graphic signature and the pin will be instantly identified by old-timers, and may still be interesting for younger generations. It is also super-family friendly. I think we can also expect funny looking toys matching the theme.

I am curious to see how the theme will be integrated in the game - it should be fun.

In other words, if I could take back my vote, I would.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/26?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.