Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 37.
#951 10 years ago

Your poor attempt at registering a forum name suitable for having a dig at me was observed long ago.

"Mike stick to being the crazy inventor and let someone else from your team handle the pinball public. Wish you all the best with your health"

That is a personal attack. Please stop it.

I have many pinball people that are well known on team - That is commercial in confidence - I have already stated that.

#952 10 years ago

Mike, you have been around long enough to know better than to feed a troll

#953 10 years ago

Looking forward to seeing this project progress and info on a US distributor.
Thanks for sharing the tidbits you have thus far and I hope you keep the information flowing.

#954 10 years ago

This is pretty cool. Glad that the whole flap about shipping to the USA is over. Can't wait to see more details!

#955 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Your poor attempt at registering a forum name suitable for having a dig at me was observed long ago.
"Mike stick to being the crazy inventor and let someone else from your team handle the pinball public. Wish you all the best with your health"
That is a personal attack. Please stop it.
I have many pinball people that are well known on team - That is commercial in confidence - I have already stated that.

Are you a fat aussie bogan? Inventors are known for being quirky and crazy as you've demonstrated in this thread. Stop fighting with insignificant people on the Internet and show us something that's going to shock and awe us rather then mousin around 2.0. No other pinball manufacturer has their team under the veil of secrecy.

Maybe you will find these questions more to your liking: will the game be sold with complete code or will updates be released periodically? Is the pre order money in escrow in case of misadventure? Have you announced an Australian distributor? Is your release date of 2015 realistic considering how many times jjp shit the bed in the production of their first pin? You going to have a prototype at Sydney pinball expo? How many cartons of free tsing Tao will accompany each pin purchase? Do you like turtles?

#956 10 years ago

i'm happy to see another new pin being created...
but this is going to be a pretty creepy looking product. those marionettes give me the willies

#957 10 years ago

Don't sweat it Homepin. Guys like that don't have any money for pinball machines. They're just trolls. Ignore them.

#958 10 years ago
Quoted from Zuel:

Don't sweat it Homepin. Guys like that don't have any money for pinball machines. They're just trolls. Ignore them.

I buy pinball machines, I had a deposit down but when I asked what the game/playfield would be like and what the toys might do I was told to wait for the machine,use my imagination and not bother people with such silly questions.
Needless to say I pulled my deposit.
Game may be great and worth the wait in time, however that type of sheer arrogance is crap at the best of times but to come from someone who has no runs on the board producing pinball machines is purely laughable.

#959 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I buy pinball machines, I had a deposit down but when I asked what the game/playfield would be like and what the toys might do I was told to wait for the machine and use my imagination and not bother people with such silly questions.
Needless to say I pulled my deposit.
Game may be great and worth the wait in time, however that type of sheer arrogance is crap at the best of times but to come from someone who has no runs on the board producing pinball machines is purely laughable.

Hi,

It was clearly explained right fom day one that I would be concentrating on getting the factory up and running (from scratch) and that to offer advance information on graphics and artwork would take time and money and slow down the entire project (ask JJP) as approval MUST be sought every time a public release is made. This is no simple or easy thing and I'll bet is one reason JJP were delayed by YEARS! Most probably have little idea of just how much is involved when dealing with a third party owner of IP.

This was made 100% clear to all people including yourself BEFORE you placed a deposit. There were no secrets or suprises here. You requested a refund and you received it the next business day.

In the end I will run my business how I see fit - as does Jack and also Stern. I will do what I believe is required to get things moving and to assemble a quality product in a timely fashion that will add to the pool of pinball machines out there - to be frank I am quite stunned at the negativity and anger towards me and my efforts by a small minority?

Is this jelousy or something else because I can see no valid reason for it. Homepin currently has six titles in various stages of creation and negotiation, we are not a "one hit wonder" so if Thunderbirds isn't your thing perhaps one of the others might be? Worth considering before bad mouthing my efforts. Before people start speculating, no, I cannot release ANY information on any of them just yet.

The factory I am building will be doing 90% of parts manufacture in house on our own equipment wth our own staff - this is no "one man band" operation and is shaping up already to be a substantial operation.

#960 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

In the end I will run my business how I see fit

...like a thin-skinned antagonistic maniac?

#961 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Hi,
It was clearly explained right fom day one that I would be concentrating on getting the factory up and running (from scratch) and that to offer advance information on graphics and artwork would take time and money and slow down the entire project (ask JJP) as approval MUST be sought every time a public release is made. This is no simple or easy thing and I'll bet is one reason JJP were delayed by YEARS! Most probably have little idea of just how much is involved when dealing with a third party owner of IP.
This was made 100% clear to all people including yourself BEFORE you placed a deposit. There were no secrets or suprises here. You requested a refund (I suspect because the Christmas bills piled higher than you may have counted on?) and you received it the next business day.
In the end I will run my business how I see fit - as does Jack and also Stern. I will do what I believe is required to get things moving and to assemble a quality product in a timely fashion that will add to the pool of pinball machines out there - to be frank I am quite stunned at the negativity and anger towards me and my efforts by a small minority?
Is this jelousy or something else because I can see no valid reason for it. Homepin currently has six titles in various stages of creation and negotiation, we are not a "one hit wonder" so if Thunderbirds isn't your thing perhaps one of the others might be? Worth considering before bad mouthing my efforts. Before people start speculationg, no, I cannot release ANY information on any of them just yet.

You promised regular updates on the game ages ago....that still have not surfaced.
What you put out instead is regular updates on your factory, yeah that's a big help.
Speculating on my deposit now...lol...you are a piece of work.
My dollars are my decision, I pulled my dollars because your customer service is poor and misleading and your arrogance is astounding.
Misleading information and poor customer service from you all the way.
You are not a hit or a wonder yet, just another salesman full of hot air trying to hawk their goods.

#962 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

You promised regular updates on the game ages ago....that still have not surfaced.
What you put out instead is regular updates on your factory, yeah that's a big help.
My dollars are my decision, I pulled my dollars because your customer service is poor and misleading and your arrogance is astounding.
You are not a hit or a wonder yet, just another salesman full of hot air trying to hawk their goods.

If you like I could post your emails but I refuse to get involved in this and I will not bother posting on Pinside - I now fully understand why JJP and Stern don't post on here............does that help the pinball community?

#963 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

If you like I could post your emails but I refuse to get involved in this and I will not bother posting on Pinside - I now fully understand why JJP and Stern don't post on here............does that help the pinball community?

Other pinball makers are always relatively professional when posting. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything without being massively defensive. I always picture you as one of those cartoon characters with a bright red face and smoke coming out of your ears.

Can you be self-aware enough to know what a horrible personality you have? If so, you can fix it! Try being a happier, humble, and more chill individual. It will not only do wonders for your personal life, but your business as well.

#964 10 years ago

I have no horse in this race. That said...

Quoted from Homepin:

(I suspect because the Christmas bills piled higher than you may have counted on?)

Man, why do you do this to yourself?

#965 10 years ago

Self-aware..... Lmao.....

Homepin, just use the ignore button for the few haters.

All they do is trying to upset you, make you angry. They are good in it, cause they never cross the line (apparently) and all they hope is you make a forum violation in your angryness towards those annoying few.

Cause we have alot of people that like your updates on here, would be a shame if they get "punished" too.

6 titles sounds awsome, good luck!

#966 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Self-aware..... Lmao.....
Homepin, just use the ignore button for the few haters. Cause we have alot of people that like your updates.

I concur, his customer looks forward to them.

#967 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Why would you even bring this up? Showing Emails - please.
You lost me from a deposit on your Thunderbirds because of your Aussiearcade forum JJP OP system bashing.

As quoted from Rarehero - Try being a happier, humble, and more chill individual. It will not only do wonders for your personal life, but your business as well.

#968 10 years ago

What tends to happen is if people are attacked/criticized at some point in their lives, they adopt defensive strategies that ironically cause them to be attacked again. But usually as the behaviors are unconscious they can't see this and so it goes on......

Back to pinball

#969 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

What tends to happen is if people are attacked/criticized at some point in their lives, they adopt defensive strategies that ironically cause them to be attacked again. But usually as the behaviors are unconscious they can't see this and so it goes on......
Back to pinball

Has this thread been about pinball

#970 10 years ago

Well, beyond all the vitriol, I think a Thunderbirds pin could have the *coolest* toys out there (and I'm not talking about animated marionettes). I look forward to seeing the layout someday, and maybe even having a chance to get one if it turns out great.

#971 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Mike has always been opinionated
I would be more concerned if he was to turn around an be a loveable old teddybear

#972 10 years ago

People learn and change, give him a chance man.

What you guys are doing is much more annoying then mike now and then gets too defensive.

I want to know about this pin. If you dont, or you dont like mike. Leave this topic.

#973 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Well, beyond all the vitriol, I think a Thunderbirds pin could have the *coolest* toys out there (and I'm not talking about animated marionettes). I look forward to seeing the layout someday, and maybe even having a chance to get one if it turns out great.

I agree and despite all the bullshit I do hope the game is great as I am a huge fan of the theme.

1 week later
#974 10 years ago

Been a while since I entered this thread, so a quick summation of what I've gathered over the last few pages:
* Digging the new colour scheme. The navy blue/gold/red should look classy as hell.
* I reckon I'll be at Pinfest this year, hopefully there'll be a shiny new TAG to check out!

Quoted from Clawhammer:

Inline drops perhaps? That would be neat.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1... could be a cool way to implement them!

Definitely excited about this release. Still not quite enough to have put money down on it (especially considering I much prefer flow games to others with packed playfields, so I kinda do need to see the PF regardless of forced commercial lockout thingys) but the closer it gets, the closer it'll be before I decide whether to get one or not.

#975 10 years ago

Homepin criticising old mate wayno over how he handled a thle customer complaint. You just cant make this stuff up.

can we please get some game update not a pictorial timeline of antiquated Chinese industrial equipment.

#976 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Hi,
to be frank I am quite stunned at the negativity and anger towards me and my efforts by a small minority?
Is this jelousy or something else because I can see no valid reason for it.

I'll help you out with this......... go back and read the first couple pages of this thread, remember?

QSS

2 weeks later
#977 10 years ago

How about a real TBAG update that is actually on the game, not all this antiquated production equipment.
I could care less about factory related nonsense!

3 weeks later
#978 10 years ago

Wamprat.. does it matter? You've played this out on the Australian sites and made your position clear. No one really cared there about your " put down deposit and remove it because you don't have updates on what you want".. so you continue to play it out here. Bottom line is that you don't have a vested interest in this anymore but you still demand updates on the game to stroke your ego.. let it go my friend. you have no money invested in this ( same as me) so you have no right to demand anything. What does it matter to you? All you are doing is trying to stir negativity which is what you do on all pinball forums.. let it go pal - you are like a dog with a rotten bone

#979 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Wamprat.. does it matter? You've played this out on the Australian sites and made your position clear. No one really cared there about your " put down deposit and remove it because you don't have updates on what you want".. so you continue to play it out here. Bottom line is that you don't have a vested interest in this anymore but you still demand updates on the game to stroke your ego.. let it go my friend. you have no money invested in this ( same as me) so you have no right to demand anything. What does it matter to you? All you are doing is trying to stir negativity which is what you do on all pinball forums.. let it go pal - you are like a dog with a rotten bone

Oh I beg to differ, other people do care and I can ask for whatever I see fit to ask for.
I am not the only person that is not interested in antiquated production gear etc but the game itself.
I am not the only one asking these questions.
I know mike is your mate, I get it.
People are entitled to opinions, I respect yours even though I do not agree with it.
All of the rest of the tripe you have sprouted is simply that...tripe.
Get over yourself and let the world turn.

#980 10 years ago

Well the way it played out for you was that the game was announced.. you thought the theme was great but clearly stated that you would want to see the layout/ PF etc before putting any money down and commiting. You continued to ask on the Australian Pinball forum for more updates/ sneak peaks so you could commit to buy.. Mike's stance was the same throughout.. there would be no sneak peaks... again, you continue to ask for some even pleading at one point. Mike's stance was stoic.
You then declare that you have put down a deposit regardless and quote: "have put my money where my mouth is".

Roll on a bit later and continued requests by you for public updates to which Mikes reply was exactly the same as it always was and then you spit the dummy and take your deposit back.

Fair enough.. you are no longer part of the roller coaster TAG.. but its you that changed your mind TWICE when the way this was going to be played out was very clear to all right from the start... im just wondering why you are still beating on about it?

#981 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Well the way it played out for you was that the game was announced.. you thought the theme was great but clearly stated that you would want to see the layout/ PF etc before putting any money down and commiting. You continued to ask on the Australian Pinball forum for more updates/ sneak peaks so you could commit to buy.. Mike's stance was the same throughout.. there would be no sneak peaks... again, you continue to ask for some even pleading at one point. Mike's stance was stoic.
You then declare that you have put down a deposit regardless and quote: "have put my money where my mouth is".
Roll on a bit later and continued requests by you for public updates to which Mikes reply was exactly the same as it always was and then you spit the dummy and take your deposit back.
Fair enough.. you are no longer part of the roller coaster TAG.. but its you that changed your mind TWICE when the way this was going to be played out was very clear to all right from the start... im just wondering why you are still beating on about it?

What a load of bullshit and so typical of you.

I still think the theme is great and I do hope the game turns out well for all those concerned but......

I was told there would be game updates that would be released regularly, that is why I put a deposit down.
I was mislead...plain and simple.
I pulled my money because Mike is arrogant and misleading, had nothing to do with anything else. Why should you care?
Changed my mind only once but I can change whatever the fuk I want..has noithing to do with you..again why should you care?
Aussie pinball is a censorship riddled cesspool of yes men with regards to this title and just about everything else.
Anything even slightly negative is deleted on aussie pinball.

You and Mike should seriously get a room so you can TBAG the night away.

#982 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Aussie pinball is a censorship riddled cesspool

I dont agree with some of your other opinions but I have to admit this one got a chuckle

#983 10 years ago

I have 100% faith in team Homepin for delivering a top quality product and I'd trust them with my hard earned before Stern or JJP without even seeing a machine. Although I bet Mike is learning something new almost everday, he will catch up to the other big players.

I wouldn't pull out of this machine if you love the theme.

#984 10 years ago

Yep.. I also have absolutely no doubt he will deliver.

#985 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Yep.. I also have absolutely no doubt he will deliver.

Yes I agree he'll deliver it's just a matter of being patient although I'm not in its just not a theme for me but I'm excited to see the finished product.

#986 10 years ago

You Down under Guys Rock !! but this pin i don't know about .. I was born in 68 and i don't rem- the Thunderbirds

Hell, See if the Builder will make a Chucky Pin .

Chucky.jpgChucky.jpg

#987 10 years ago

Listen to the interview with Mike from Homepin on the Pinheadz Pinball Podcast ( number 4) on Facebook because it is very interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pinheadz-Pinball-Podcast/232677973575524?fref=ts

I'm sure all of you will agree after listening to it that it is an exciting time for pinball in general with what him and his team are doing in China.

#988 10 years ago

Agree 100% Spacies, exciting times ahead! Mikes open interview was a eye opener, the guy is on a mission, I was hopping he would continue the updates here or get someone close to him to do them for him, showing the rest of the Pin community what he's up to, He puts himself out there & is very approachable on the Oz forums.

All the best

#989 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

What a load of bullshit and so typical of you.
I still think the theme is great and I do hope the game turns out well for all those concerned but......
I was told there would be game updates that would be released regularly, that is why I put a deposit down.
I was mislead...plain and simple.
I pulled my money because Mike is arrogant and misleading, had nothing to do with anything else. Why should you care?
Changed my mind only once but I can change whatever the fuk I want..has noithing to do with you..again why should you care?
Aussie pinball is a censorship riddled cesspool of yes men with regards to this title and just about everything else.
Anything even slightly negative is deleted on aussie pinball.
You and Mike should seriously get a room so you can TBAG the night away.

Nope.. I went to the TAG thread on AP and re read right through to make sure what I was stating here was correct

#990 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Nope.. I went to the TAG thread on AP and re read right through to make sure what I was stating here was correct

You did not read the email I got when enquiring about placing a deposit stating that there would be regular game updates.

1 month later
#991 9 years ago
Quoted from spacies:

I have 100% faith in team Homepin for delivering a top quality product and I'd trust them with my hard earned before Stern or JJP without even seeing a machine. Although I bet Mike is learning something new almost everday, he will catch up to the other big players.
I wouldn't pull out of this machine if you love the theme.

Guess we know who is making the after market mods.

#992 9 years ago

Any updates about the machine itself?

1 week later
#993 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Any updates about the machine itself?

Old mate did an interview with pinheadz podcast where he came of as sane and likeable. Apparently it's all set for 2015 and it's one of six or so planks that are in various stages of conception and design.

Apparently no established designers can be named as they are working for other manufacturers right now and his boy will be doing the art work. All artwork will be hand drawn and not photo shopped.

One of the six games in the mix is said to be an original unlicensed theme. Has also acquired the rights to reproduce cocktail cabs under the "Hankin" name.

#994 9 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Old mate did an interview with pinheadz podcast where he came of as sane and likeable. Apparently it's all set for 2015 and it's one of six or so planks that are in various stages of conception and design.
Apparently no established designers can be named as they are working for other manufacturers right now and his boy will be doing the art work. All artwork will be hand drawn and not photo shopped.
One of the six games in the mix is said to be an original unlicensed theme. Has also acquired the rights to reproduce cocktail cabs under the "Hankin" name.

Thanks for the info!

2 weeks later
#996 9 years ago

Interesting read, thanks for sharing. Seems serious!!
But I would have expected a lower price than the figures provided: AU$8000 (US$7500, £4400)

#997 9 years ago

Good story

#998 9 years ago

Anyone have any ideas about who the European and the other Austalian companies are that Homepin are going to OEM for in China?

#999 9 years ago

something funny is that I started working for an Australian engineering company in January, in their USA office. Prior to this job, the homepin's guy attitude, as many have recognized, is a little abrasive... like we american's have the "new yorker" abrasive types. After working here about 6 months now, and visiting the home office in Melbourne.. I now am a bit more calibrated.

There is a larger % of people in the population in Australia who seem to say whatever the they want / whenever they want / to whoever they want.. where here people would be reported to HR for hostile work environment, or maybe in this case.. losing customers. I was actually traveling with the newly hired HR director from the USA while in Melbourne who was struggling with this as she was seeing it too.. and people were being directly rude / insulting to her, in front of their own bosses. She had to get talked down by the president of the company where he explained that's just sort of how it is. Anyway, it's interesting. I'm sure we look pretty uptight / sensitive to them, and we do a lot more water cooler / gossiping instead of telling things to people's faces.

I don't have a dog in the thunderbirds thing but I do have a Homepin IJ PoA driver board from him that works like a champ. Wish him luck!

#1000 9 years ago

That dude has one hell of an ego, Lol

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.