Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 37.
#851 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Shake hands and walk away.

Done. Like I said earlier I personally like the theme and it's a shame I won't make it here because I want to play one.

#852 10 years ago

What a depressing F'ing thread!

I hope most realize this is the sentiments of a few on both sides. I'm not tech savvy enough to understand half this crap, but I certainly know most Americans don't think we are the center of the universe. It sucks that it seems that way on the outside I guess. But, I do understand why some would think that.

#853 10 years ago

sometimes the garbage that comes out of the mouths of a small minority of my fellow countrymen tempts me with despair, but the truth is they are a loud, ignorant minority and most Americans are embarrassed by them.

homepin seems all too eager to assume they speak for us all, though, and lets them reinforce his obvious prejudice. the hate and blanket generalizations he's spewing are not justified by an insurance premium.

#854 10 years ago

As an onlooker it amazes me that Pinchroma ( associated with JJP ) and Homepin potentially alienate a possible future customer base. Especially as what is written on the internet stays forever!

#855 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

sometimes the garbage that comes out of the mouths of a small minority of my fellow countrymen tempts me with despair, but the truth is they are a loud, ignorant minority and most Americans are embarrassed by them.
homepin seems all too eager to assume they speak for us all, though, and lets them reinforce his obvious prejudice. none of the hate he's spewing is justified by an insurance premium.

It boils down to jealousy and contempt, thousands have died in makeshift rafts and died miserable deaths in the desert trying to get here so we must be doing something right.
He can keep his game and his attitude, I have no use for either.

#856 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

It boils down to jealousy and contempt, thousands have died in makeshift rafts and died miserable deaths in the desert trying to get here so we must be doing something right.

i don't really think chest thumping on either side is a positive contribution.

#857 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Not the only country with a refugee problem son.

#858 10 years ago

Homepin - I tried to start this whole thing over in a new direction, as I'm interested in what you are doing, but I think you need to seriously put to bed this while anti-North American crap for good. You got bent out of shape over a very few people in the beginning, and after ranting about north American, many others (of course) jumped in (like that wouldn't happen if someone was attacking the Aussies for example).

#859 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

As a reminder to everyone, Pinside rule number one is be nice. If you can't be nice please leave the thread. If you feel you have to get the last word in and be rude, you will receive a ban vote. Thank you and I hope everyone is having a good start to 2014.

And good luck to all Pinside moderators for 2014!
I foresee a busy year for them...

#860 10 years ago

No one is attacking your America folks, but he's right that the 'sue me' culture makes the liability insurance expensive.

We're following closely behind here in the UK although the government are tightening regulations to make injury claims more difficult to prosecute.

There is room in the world for WOZ and Thunderbirds, they are not mutually exclusive. Let's encourage all inginuity in pinball, no matter where it comes from.

#861 10 years ago

A lot of Americans aren't happy that so many items are now made in China, but sometimes it's the loudest opponents that keep buying that stuff in bulk. I realize it is out of my control, and it is homespun greed that has led to this.

#862 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Homepin - I tried to start this whole thing over in a new direction, as I'm interested in what you are doing, but I think you need to seriously put to bed this while anti-North American crap for good. You got bent out of shape over a very few people in the beginning, and after ranting about north American, many others (of course) jumped in (like that wouldn't happen if someone was attacking the Aussies for example).

Great idea. I'm almost out of popcorn. Lets get this thread back on track. Please!

#863 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

And good luck to all Pinside moderators for 2014!
I foresee a busy year for them...

Yes indeed . . . the dark of winter has set in on our northern friends. I think it is going to be a long couple months. LOL

#864 10 years ago

Mike thanks for the updates - appreciate the communication! I haven't checked out your site yet but do you go into how the licensing works? I am personally interested in that process since it's an integral part of modern pinball. If not, and you have time to share a bit, I'd love to see how that works (or maybe I can interview you about it?

#865 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I apologise to people like yourself but have a look at the posts that are so idiotic that they brand all Americans as idiotic rednecks who think that nowhere else exists - I don't have to say anything, these posters do it all.

So should I assume all Australians are assholes based on your postings? Same logic...

For someone risking his entire family's fortune on this venture, you sure are cavalier with the insults and bashing. Not professional behavior at all. Good luck - you will need it.

#866 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So should I assume all Australians are assholes based on your postings? Same logic...
For someone risking his entire family's fortune on this venture, you sure are cavalier with the insults and bashing. Not professional behavior at all. Good luck - you will need it.

agreed

#867 10 years ago

It never helps ANYONE stay civil when you regularly call their baby ugly, it might go unnoticed once or twice but if I keep mentioning that your baby is ugly you will soon get pissed off, try it yourself in real life. Did I mention that your baby is ugly. See what I mean.

If this PIN is a quality product, and i hope it is, then there will be enough disties in the USA that will provide buying options. How do you think it currently works for the rest of the world getting Sterns and JJPs machines

#868 10 years ago

Homepin, start a new thread, ops close this one, keep that one civil. This is just beyond silly now.

#869 10 years ago

Actually, he never started this one.. Someone else did. Sounds like he never would of made a thread here / knew this wasn't his market.

#870 10 years ago

this thread is a bit of a mess & it has its ugly pages, looks to be reasonable interest here for the pin, hope Mike can turn this thread around with regular updates & info, yes things could have been handled better we all know that, keep the BS out & hope we all can move on,
happy 2014 to all

#871 10 years ago

At one point he said he wouldn't sell over here because we were ripoffs that wouldn't pay him basically calling us thieves now the story is it is because of the litigious nature of our society and the cost of insurance.
Did he call Geico?

#872 10 years ago

My 2 cents.

The claims of "slave labor" once any announcement that a pin, normally a USA-made seems like a kneejerk reaction. That seems more like a blanket assumption more than anything. We've all been told the Foxconn stories involving Apple products, and yet they sell like hotcakes time after time. Apple? An American company, with outsourced labor to keep up with product demand. I'm betting more than half the red-blooded American users here have something made in China.

If I boycotted any product made in China, my house would be 100% Amish. Hey, I love my tech, and know where it comes from.

We balk at high prices of new pins made in the USA, and we now balk that someone's planning on operations in China(which would save costs). You can't have it both ways.

#873 10 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

the Flag on the moon is as faded as America's glory days

It's not faded, you're just not free enough to see the colors of liberty.

Quoted from Homepin:

Don't any of you even realise the Chinese landed on the moon a couple of weeks ago? Their flag will be there now as well I am certain.

They were only late by a decade or five. Bit of a difference between aiming at the moon with a rocket and putting a man there with a badass car and a golf club...and bringing him back.

While China has indeed made it to the moon, America is using rovers with jet pack cranes to draw penises on the surface of mars.

mars-penis.jpgmars-penis.jpg

#875 10 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Mike thanks for the updates - appreciate the communication! I haven't checked out your site yet but do you go into how the licensing works? I am personally interested in that process since it's an integral part of modern pinball. If not, and you have time to share a bit, I'd love to see how that works (or maybe I can interview you about it?

Not that my opinion is worth a hell of a lot around here, but in case you didn't know Mike, Gene X does a lot of on-location interviews and reports mostly for the Pinball Soul podcast, but also for others. I can assure you he's not some random trying to pry info from you

FWIW (and to throw my hat into the ring) I'm heavily considering putting some money down on this machine as well. I'm hoping we might get to find some more info out sooner than later (specifically, the designer) but even just the idea of a Thunderbirds-themed pin and *that* countdown is too tempting to pass up! Despite the negative stuff that's happened in this thread, I hope some fanatical distributor in the US orders a few of these machines to get them circulated around NA. I kinda like the idea of seeing TAG make an appearance at a PAPA final

#876 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

It never helps ANYONE stay civil when you regularly call their baby ugly, it might go unnoticed once or twice but if I keep mentioning that your baby is ugly you will soon get pissed off, try it yourself in real life. Did I mention that your baby is ugly. See what I mean.
If this PIN is a quality product, and i hope it is, then there will be enough disties in the USA that will provide buying options. How do you think it currently works for the rest of the world getting Sterns and JJPs machines

Pinballs aren't babies bro. If they were thunderbirds theme to home pin would be something like a great uncle twice removed. See you in Auckland bro.

#877 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Perhaps he shouldn't talk badly about others' children then. Attacking JJP and picking a fight with Alex wasn't a bright idea. His labeling of all Americans as thieves based on a couple bad Paypal deals was incredibly shortsighted.

#878 10 years ago

Ok.....

Lets talk about this pin. What do you guys expect from the lay out. And the toys? Some awsome options available.

#879 10 years ago

big american flag on fire in the middle of the playfield? (i kid, i kid)

#880 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Perhaps he shouldn't talk badly about others' children then. Attacking JJP and picking a fight with Alex wasn't a bright idea. His labeling of all Americans as thieves based on a couple bad Paypal deals was incredibly shortsighted.

Exactly, works for everyone which was kinda my point hence the ANYONE in caps.

I am interested in hearing more about the project though rather than a continued merry go round of he said/she said, this thread has too much shistory in it to stay on a pinball only track, IMO. I agree with the other calls to close this and start a TAG project pinball only focused one, wdyt?

#881 10 years ago

Is this game a DMD or is it alphanumeric displays?

#882 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is this game a DMD or is it alphanumeric displays?

Mike is also making his own DMD displays using individual LEDs
(so they should look better than LED DMD's already available)

#883 10 years ago

As a Thunderbirds fan, I would love to see this pin!

F.A.B.!

#884 10 years ago

Mike is also making his own DMD displays using individual LEDs
(so they should look better than LED DMD's already available)

Seems dated to say the least. Look at ColorDMD, JJP, MarsaPlay. Seems like it should at least have an LCD. Even DMD Extender with its limited colorizing options looks as good or better than ColorDMD in many cases.

#885 10 years ago

Mike is not trying to reinvent the pinball machine
he is not making wild promises, he is not adding expensive toys that add nothing to gameplay

two flippers, ramps, subway and DMD

I would like to know who is going to program his machine, but I have faith that the hardware will be solid

#886 10 years ago

Mike is not trying to reinvent the pinball machine
he is not making wild promises, he is not adding expensive toys that add nothing to gameplay
two flippers, ramps, subway and DMD
I would like to know who is going to program his machine, but I have faith that the hardware will be solid

Are you on Mike's payroll????

#887 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

he has a couple of constructive comments so now hes on the payroll? come on you can do better than that

#888 10 years ago

Probably wishful thinking but I would love to see them use an obscure part that could only practically be remade in the thousands ( random example- taxi spinout ramp) so this machine gives them the chance to make bonus extra parts for the restorer market again.

#889 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

No, but I do read both Aussie pinball forums

#890 10 years ago

so stern's making the mustang and you are making the thunderbird? right?
sorry i'm a little confused!

thunderbird.jpgthunderbird.jpg

#891 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

so stern's making the mustang and you are making the thunderbird? right?
sorry i'm a little confused!

thunderbird.jpg 42 KB

Just proves that some people don't get the theme.

#892 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Just proves that some people don't get the theme.

Or some people don't get sarcasm.

#893 10 years ago

Here are a couple pics of a Mustang and a T-Bird you can see at a glance they are totally different rides.

mustang.jpgmustang.jpg

tbird.jpgtbird.jpg

#894 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Here are a couple pics of a Mustang and a T-Bird you can see at a glance they are totally different rides.

mustang.jpg 64 KB

tbird.jpg 61 KB

nice cars and girls but the top one is a ferrari 355

#895 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

nice cars and girls but the top one is a ferrari 355

There are cars in those pics?

#896 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

mustang.jpg 64 KB

tbird.jpg 61 KB

#897 10 years ago

Wow This thread made it back to pinball talk. Thunderbirds shouldn't get flack. As can be seen by many games the theme doesn't matter it is gameplay and rules. I hope its a great game as one more great pin would be awesome. I did grow up watching Thunderbirds so do get the theme. A simple game that is priced right and open up to mods would work

#898 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Or some people don't get sarcasm.

I'm hearing you

#899 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I'm hearing you

Actually you'd be "reading" him wouldn't you Dave ...

#900 10 years ago

Maybe, but I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic lol

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.