Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 37.
#751 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballShed:

This could put Australia back on the map.

When were we not on it???

#752 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Same formula as taxi . NICE

Same formula as 90% of Pinballs after 1990

rd.

#753 10 years ago

can any of you Aussies get me one of two flyers for this game so I can upload it on my flyer website? I'll gladly pay shipping, LMK

#754 10 years ago

im all for helping ... but how about the pdf from homepins site?
Is this what you mean?
http://www.homepin.com/tag/FlyerFinal.pdf

#755 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

im all for helping ... but how about the pdf from homepins site?
Is this what you mean?
http://www.homepin.com/tag/FlyerFinal.pdf

Ohh thank you but I need an original to scan and upload to my flyer collection, I only scan and upload flyers I actually own, can you still help? Can paypal to cover shipping expenses......
http://www.nypinball.com/brochures2.php#m=0&q=getlatest=Y

#756 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballShed:

This could put Australia back on the map.

Assuming it was actually built in Australia and not China. But alas...

#757 10 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Ohh thank you but I need an original to scan and upload to my flyer collection

Sure I suppose I could but Im not sure theres much to gain by double handing it .. why not just email and ask homepin to post you one instead of posting it to me ? its not something i can drop in and pick up - he lives about 1850 miles away ( literally)

#758 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Sure I suppose I could but Im not sure theres much to gain by double handing it .. why not just email and ask homepin to post you one instead of posting it to me ? its not something i can drop in and pick up - he lives about 1850 miles away ( literally)

good idea, that's what I did! thanx

#759 10 years ago

You could always print it yourself, then scan it and upload it if that made you feel better

#760 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Kinky doesn't get a lot of radio play and I doubt Archie would even know who he was.

Always enjoyed Kinky's appearances on Imus...until Imus became too unenjoyble to listen to anymore.

1 month later
#761 10 years ago

I put a deposit down, it is a theme I love and at a price that is way cheaper than a stern pro shipped to Aus.
I'm happy to take a punt.

1 month later
#762 10 years ago

Bump. Might want to update how this is coming along old boy.

#763 10 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Bump. Might want to update how this is coming along old boy.

I decided to get my deposit back.

#764 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I decided to get my deposit back.

What caused you to do this?

#765 10 years ago

What caused you to do this?

A change of mind.

#766 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

A change of mind.

Looks like we got ourselves a wise guy. Think old mike will struggle with all the boutique pins coming out, cutting off the entire continent of north America and no apparent imput from any established pinball designers. He's gone all out on a new factory in the PRC so let's hope he at least breaks even.

#767 10 years ago

His new factory in China looks like it's going to be nice.

#768 10 years ago

Hey, what are they trying to say "no distracting and unreliable LCD screens".
To each his own.

About Thunderbirds Pinball

Thunderbirds Pinball will be based upon the following conceptual ideas.
(all concepts & prototyping is subject to final change as this project develops)
Standard pinball cabinet width & size
Real mechanical pinball action - (this is NOT a video game)
Single level playfield with ramps & subways
LED DMD (no distracting and unreliable LCD screens)
Embedded Microcontrollers - (there are NO personal computer parts used)
Homepin legendary bulletproof electronics
Easy to understand rule set with added depth for experienced players
All the action of the International Rescue team and their machines
Eye catching graphics & animated backbox action
Spare parts available for the life of the machine
The most substantial warranty in the industry

#769 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

His new factory in China looks like it's going to be nice.

Do you have some details of this blue95? I'd be interested to know.

#770 10 years ago

Check out the Homepin section on Aussie Arcade

#772 10 years ago

Wow, that does look grandiose. Surely to much office and not enough work floor for a pinball factory?

#773 10 years ago

This whole topic got way out of hand with many not understanding the popular title in Australia, and homepin just getting way too defensive and going way too far with his comments.

It's a pinball machine idea. Why don't we just close and delete forever this train wreck of a thread and start a new one fresh, whether you're on board or not, it doesn't and shouldn't have to be like this.

#774 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

This whole topic got way out of hand with many not understanding the popular title in Australia, and homepin just getting way too defensive and going way too far with his comments.
It's a pinball machine idea. Why don't we just close and delete forever this train wreck of a thread and start a new one fresh, whether you're on board or not, it doesn't and shouldn't have to be like this.

I'm really looking forward to it. Love the theme and any new Pinball stands as big a chance of being great as any other.

#775 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Maybe because he pissed in the cheerios of every one of us Yankees. You know, the biggest pinball market?

Looks like we got ourselves a wise guy. Think old mike will struggle with all the boutique pins coming out, cutting off the entire continent of north America and no apparent imput from any established pinball designers. He's gone all out on a new factory in the PRC so let's hope he at least breaks even.

It's not his factory.

Like renting a car and saying "Check out my new XXXXX"

#776 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's not his factory

please dont make things up. it makes you look bad. The man leases space for his business and runs it the way he sees fit. Its his right to pick where he wants to sit and what equipment and methods he uses just like your employer does. If you dont like the cut of his jib or the color of his hair or something then be big enough to keep your mouth shut and walk away .. taking every chance to go on and on denigrating his efforts just reflects badly on you and your employer. Basically its making you appear to be the stereotypically loud mouth yank ... You're better than that in real life right? Probably a real decent guy even? So how about you knock it off with the homepin bashing hey?

#777 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Maybe because he pissed in the cheerios of every one of us Yankees. You know, the biggest pinball market?

Wow Alex, coming from someone who gets quite offensive over people's comments on WOZ, that's a little hypocritical isn't it? He over reacted, as you have before as well over the same type of thing, comments against a machine you have a stake in. I don't believe homepin has received a ban to date either.

There was some crap on both sides, his comments I'm sure were regrettable after the fact, what I'm saying is let's just drop the whole old thread and start a new one, and let those that are happy with it continue in that fashion.

#778 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Wow Alex, coming from someone who gets quite offensive over people's comments on WOZ, that's a little hypocritical isn't it? He over reacted, as you have before as well over the same type of thing, comments against a machine you have a stake in. I don't believe homepin has received a ban to date either.
There was some crap on both sides, his comments I'm sure were regrettable after the fact, what I'm saying is let's just drop the whole old thread and start a new one, and let those that are happy with it continue in that fashion.

Go back and read the original comments he made. He targeted woz specifically and went on an unintelligible tirade about pc's and showed his lack of knowledge on the topic. A bunch of us explained to him he was wrong, myself, Keith, a bunch of other tech savvy folks here. That's what pissed him off and he told us Americans to shove it.

Instead of saying "I was wrong and wasn't up on the topic" he went nuts and then starting posting lies and crap on Aussie forums as if this wasn't a public Internet and it wouldn't be seen. Sorry he's full of it. Has nothing to do with JJP.

But I'll bow out of this... I don't have the time nor the patience for this stuff any longer.

#779 10 years ago

if he's going to hire slave labor in little c china i'm glad it's not for sale here.

#780 10 years ago

I don't know, it looked to me at the time, and in now just re-reading it, like he calmly, at first, noted he was aware the theme wasn't going to be a big hit with Americans, as the show wasn't well known their, but they were proceeding, as it was in other places. From there comments about this got a little more heated, with one or two people simply stating really stupid things about the theme (which is REALLY what started this all to the level it got to) and he lost his cool and said some uncool things, no question.

I'm sure you are referring to other threads I have not read about the board philosophy.

In any case, if it can start fresh, maybe another topic and the two camps can just let it go. You know I'm there in most WOZ threads riding anyone that is simply trolling those topics.

I would just like to see this develop/happen without conflict. I can't imagine if it fully developed you would not either.

#781 10 years ago

I like the theme. It's different. Not from my generation and I hadn't heard of it in any real detail but it seemed interesting. I equated it to team America as that's the only use of marionettes I knew of. Other folks ripped the theme to shreds.

The boards discussion was another thread. A woz thread that homepin chimed in on out of nowhere admonishing pc's.

#782 10 years ago

Here it is:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-behind-the-curtain/page/2#post-900657

Read the skewering by all the tech folks to follow. That was the start of everything. He came into a woz thread to spew propaganda knowing in a few weeks he was going to be creating this title. All he did was show folks he really wasn't that clued in

#783 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't know, it looked to me at the time, and in now just re-reading it, like he calmly, at first, noted he was aware the theme wasn't going to be a big hit with Americans, as the show wasn't well known their, but they were proceeding, as it was in other places. From there comments about this got a little more heated, with one or two people simply stating really stupid things about the theme (which is REALLY what started this all to the level it got to) and he lost his cool and said some uncool things, no question.
I'm sure you are referring to other threads I have not read about the board philosophy.
In any case, if it can start fresh, maybe another topic and the two camps can just let it go. You know I'm there in most WOZ threads riding anyone that is simply trolling those topics.
I would just like to see this develop/happen without conflict. I can't imagine if it fully developed you would not either.

Dude is clueless, a lot of us my age with disposable income watched this show on Saturday morning and we are well aware of the Thunderbirds.
After his anti American and Canadian rant I have zero interest in his Chinese made game, our landfills are already full of this inferior crap so do us all a favor and keep it on the other side of the pond.

#784 10 years ago

Nobody "owns" factories in China. They pay the government bribes to utilize state authorized sweat shops. Why do you think they erect suicide nets and onsite abortuaries at foxconn?

#785 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

A woz thread that homepin chimed in on out of nowhere admonishing pc's.

He was wrong, and now you are wrong too.

#786 10 years ago

I'm guessing a lot of people on here have never been to China. I've been a couple of times for various reasons, and it is an amazing place with a quite incredible people. Whether you agree with their politics is a completely different issue, but the fact remains that some of the factories they have there are top notch and ultra modern. Most people referring to Chinese made rubbish are talking about the very low end items which they make because no one else can afford to make them that cheap. They have the people for that, and I'm not talking about slave labour. That particular issue is not endemic to China. The UK only has to look at the Polish people it employs and the U.S. the Mexicans. However, they also now make very high quality items produced to worldwide specifications. Half of the things you probably see as being made in the U.S (or Europe, I'm picking on no one here before you all start getting upset) feature things made in China to a fine quality, but assembled in your/my country and then labeled as made in UK/U.S.A/Where ever else.

Don't fool yourself that because he's having it made there it will be rubbish. Thirty years ago everyone referred to things made in Japan as Jap Crap. Now many Japanese items are the epitome of high quality.

How about everyone stop bashing what they can't possibly know about at this stage, and let's see what happens.
And really, let the other stuff drop. What's gone is gone and what was said was said. No one died!

If he ends up making something rubbish, I'm pretty sure you'll all have the opportunity to chip in later. In the mean time, let's just wait and see. You never know.

#787 10 years ago

I agree muppetman. And i cant wait when the chinese fload the marcet with cheap, but high end pins.

With these prices one day or another, it will happen. Lets hope they go for quality right from the start.

--

Still very interested to see the playfield and gameplay. This theme is really fantastic for pinball.

#788 10 years ago

Homepin's speciality is engineering and maybe not marketing…………. he has passion as like others do - to do things old school - high reliable quality. I ask as many others have done can we let the 2013 sleeping dogs lay and start 2014 fresh. For licensing reasons he can not let much out about the design at this stage but he is aiming high for excellent serviceability and has been in China for a number of weeks investing alot of money in setting up his dream.

Homepin is following a dream just like Gary (Stern), Jack (JJP) and Charlie (Spooky) and others and he has been re-engineering / reproducing pinball control boards (himself) for many many years and he has had close ties with China for part re-production as sure that is where Stern, JJP etc get the boards made now (if not I am sorry for my assumption). Even Apple get most of the parts made in China, as China make high end stuff and it all comes down to what we specify in the design and the controls business owners put in place to ensure a product is top notch and QA stays high every day.

Homepin is opting to produce in China as he knows the industry there well and it is one way to keep the prices down as pinball prices are starting to really rise up alot (Stern - Pro starts at $7k in Aus, JJP starts around the $9k in Aus) and even the Dutch Pinball is $9700 for Aussies not including taxes and freight. Australia's manufacturing rate and then shipping to other countries would kill sales as well as our manufacturing rate is higher than the US and we are slowly loosing manufacturing to having it outsourced to China. In the end pinball machines are made by humans just different races. I doubt many of the Stern employees (apart from the designers) will have pinball machines at home due to the low pay rates and it probably is just a job to many of them, so no real difference apart from keeping the economy in your country which I applaud Stern, JJP, Spooky for doing and sure Homepin would like to do if the manufacturing rate was low enough in Aus.

I agree lets leave the personal stuff behind and start 2014 with a fresh outlook and maybe we start a fresh page without the negative stuff and just stick to facts to inform those that are interested.

#789 10 years ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

I'm guessing a lot of people on here have never been to China. I've been a couple of times for various reasons, and it is an amazing place with a quite incredible people. Whether you agree with their politics is a completely different issue, but the fact remains that some of the factories they have there are top notch and ultra modern. Most people referring to Chinese made rubbish are talking about the very low end items which they make because no one else can afford to make them that cheap. They have the people for that, and I'm not talking about slave labour. That particular issue is not endemic to China. The UK only has to look at the Polish people it employs and the U.S. the Mexicans. However, they also now make very high quality items produced to worldwide specifications. Half of the things you probably see as being made in the U.S (or Europe, I'm picking on no one here before you all start getting upset) feature things made in China to a fine quality, but assembled in your/my country and then labeled as made in UK/U.S.A/Where ever else.
Don't fool yourself that because he's having it made there it will be rubbish. Thirty years ago everyone referred to things made in Japan as Jap Crap. Now many Japanese items are the epitome of high quality.
How about everyone stop bashing what they can't possibly know about at this stage, and let's see what happens.
And really, let the other stuff drop. What's gone is gone and what was said was said. No one died!
If he ends up making something rubbish, I'm pretty sure you'll all have the opportunity to chip in later. In the mean time, let's just wait and see. You never know.

, said the slavemaster apologist to the unknowing consumer.

#790 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Homepin's speciality is engineering and maybe not marketing…………. he has passion as like others do - to do things old school - high reliable quality. I ask as many others have done can we let the 2013 sleeping dogs lay and start 2014 fresh. For licensing reasons he can not let much out about the design at this stage but he is aiming high for excellent serviceability and has been in China for a number of weeks investing alot of money in setting up his dream.
Homepin is following a dream just like Gary (Stern), Jack (JJP) and Charlie(Spooky) and others and he has been re-engineering / reproducing pinball control boards (himself) for many many years and he has had close ties with China for part re-production as sure that is where Stern, JJP etc get the boards made now (if not I am sorry for my assumption). Even Apple get most of the parts made in China, as China make high end stuff and it all comes down to what we specify in the design and the controls business owners put in place to ensure a product is top notch and QA stays high every day.
Homepin is opting to produce in China as he knows the industry there well and it is one way to keep the prices down as pinball prices are starting to really rise up alot (Stern - Pro starts at $7k in Aus, JJP starts around the $9k in Aus) and even the Dutch Pinball is $9700 for Aussies not including taxes and freight. Australia's manufacturing rate and then shipping to other countries would kill sales as well as our manufacturing rate is higher than the US and we are slowly loosing manufacturing to having it outsourced to China. In the end pinball machines are made by humans just different races. I doubt many of the Stern employees (apart from the designers) will have pinball machines at home due to the low pay rates and it probably is just a job to many of them, so no real difference apart from keeping the economy in your country which I applaud Stern, JJP, Spooky for doing and sure Homepin would like to do if the manufacturing rate was low enough in Aus.
I agree lets leave the personal stuff behind and start 2014 with a fresh outlook and maybe we start a fresh page without the negative stuff and just stick to facts to inform those that are interested.

And why is this different than running a sweat shop in an inner city? Because of the risk to the owner. Production under the communist Chinese is the moral equivalent of running a sweat shop. To all of you who disagree, I suggest you move there and find out for yourself. A simple visit will not expose the horrible oppression these modern slaves live under.

#791 10 years ago

end of the day they are getting built there, pinballs will be sold to those wanting them - Happy 2014

#792 10 years ago

I don't want to go into big details as to why I am not going ahead with purchasing of this machine other than to say I am not very happy with the homepin brand of customer service with regards to the game itself and what it will look and play like. I need something more tangible than a " it will all be fine, or use your imagination"
All the best to anyone who is purchasing this game, I hope it is a killer pin.

#793 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

And why is this different than running a sweat shop in an inner city? Because of the risk to the owner. Production under the communist Chinese is the moral equivalent of running a sweat shop. To all of you who disagree, I suggest you move there and find out for yourself. A simple visit will not expose the horrible oppression these modern slaves live under.

You really didn't even bother to understand my post. I have been to China for over two months. I've visited twelve cities. I've been to the factories, I've seen the working conditions. Sure, I haven't seen them all and I have seen some rough stuff, but I'm guessing you haven't seen any in person other than those you've watched on TV.

If you want to make life better for them out there because you care about their welfare, I would suggest making comments not based on what you've actually seen is not going to help. What would help would be insisting what you buy comes from a place that supports its workers. Something I'm sure you check up on on every other product you buy everyday.

Once you tell me you've done all of this, which I have, then call me a slavemaster if you still believe it fits. Until then I would ask you to show some respect when making personal comments about someone you have no knowledge of what so ever. I won't make offensive assumptions about you, kindly don't make them about me.

#794 10 years ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

...Once you tell me you've done all of this, which I have, then call me a slavemaster if you still believe it fits. Until then I would ask you to show some respect when making personal comments about someone you have no knowledge of what so ever. I won't make offensive assumptions about you, kindly don't make them about me.

I didn't call you a slavemaster. I called you an apologist for slavemasters. Your position is completely understandable from the perspective of your profit from their suffering. I don't need to go to Guantanamo to know it's bad and I don't have to watch a forced abortion to know I don't like it. I'm sure you are a good environmentalist and a champion of domestic social values so your contribution to the enslavement of others should be overlooked. I'm sure the child slaves assembling your widgets are thankful for your business. Please accept my apology.

#795 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

Please accept my apology.

It's almost like that smarts of insincerity. I've heard many NPR programs, interviews and such on the vile conditions of Chinese factories that stand in stark contrast to their glowing modern era high tech facilities. After all, China is a big place you know. Seems to me there might just room enough for you both to be "right".

#796 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

I didn't call you a slavemaster. I called you an apologist for slavemasters. Your position is completely understandable from the perspective of your profit from their suffering. I don't need to go to Guantanamo to know it's bad and I don't have to watch a forced abortion to know I don't like it. I'm sure you are a good environmentalist and a champion of domestic social values so your contribution to the enslavement of other should be overlooked. I'm sure the child slaves assembling your widgets are thankful for your business. Please accept my apology.

Once again you show you ignorance. You have no idea why I went, what I did when I was there, yet you seem to think you know it all. How can you possibly know who assembles what on anything I have done there, if indeed I do in the first place. There can be no conversation with a man who speaks from behind a blindfold. The - I don't have to see a forced abortion to know I don't like it - speech is frankly offensive.

#797 10 years ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

..The - I don't have to see a forced abortion to know I don't like it - speech is frankly offensive.

As is the support of oppression of your fellow human beings in pursuit of profit.

#798 10 years ago

this thread is a downer and the Chinese gov is no friend of free man.

#799 10 years ago

Seeing that Homepin has also leased an accommodation building for his workers to stay in and he is living in the same building, he comes across as a real slave driver.
The cost of product liability insurance is what stopped it being sold to the US, not peoples negative comments. I'm guessing the litigious nature of US courts is why the insurance is, from what I can recall. five times higher just for the US than it was for the rest of the world combined and the insurance needs to be payed up front for five years.

#800 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

I'm not sure what's it like where you are from, but if you open an inner city sweat shop in Australia these days and you'll end up in jail before too many units are shipped.

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.