Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 37.
#701 10 years ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

I've got to say that, even though I may be alone here, I am really excited about this and am considering getting a deposit down for one of the first 500.
It would be nice to get some idea of game layout to begin with. Also an idea of freight charges, which I expect to be pretty hefty along with import duty of 7 3/4% and Vat of 20%.
I wonder when he's going to release some proper details?

You are not alone
Deposit paid

#702 10 years ago

Can we get the acronym for this game added?

TBAG = Thunder birds are go

#703 10 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

You are not alone
Deposit paid

You'll be OK Pop, you won't have to worry about shipping, import duty and Vat.

I've just e-mailed them to ask about several things regarding deposit security, general game design etc.

#704 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Shouldn't it be FAB!

#705 10 years ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

You'll be OK Pop, you won't have to worry about shipping, import duty and Vat.
I've just e-mailed them to ask about several things regarding deposit security, general game design etc.

Ummm, yes I will
Our taxman likes to reach into our pockets just likeyours

#706 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Why do you care?
I cannot see you buying one

#707 10 years ago

Why do you care?

Nor can you see hundreds of others buying one!

#708 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Only time will tell

#709 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

bwahahahahaha!

#710 10 years ago

Guy designs pinball.... people pay him out (give him shit)... Somethings not right here....

#711 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Guy designs pinball.... people pay him out (give him shit)... Somethings not right here....

Did you read the thread?

#712 10 years ago

Why do you care?

Of course not. I'm in the states and that makes me blacklisted. You know us over here in the colonies are on Mikes shit list.

#713 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Lol that's the truth.

Coming from china it's likely to have parts by Wally Billiams

#714 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

now that just made me laugh out loud, girlfriends wondering what's going on, bwahahahaha...

#715 10 years ago

the level of ignorance from that list is kinda sad. even if I moved back home to aus I'd not buy one. nothing like cutting ya nose to spite ya face.

guess we shouldnt tell him every cpu used by a pinball machine (except that funky gotlieb system 1 rockwell shite) has been used in a home computer (6502, 6809, 68000, arm, etc). shakes fist at those goddamn unreliable scary PC parts.

#716 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Of course not. I'm in the states and that makes me blacklisted.

Well, there is nothing on the website that I can see that says that any US ban is in force. In fact, he has an international enquires phone number and has given his bank's Swift code for international deposits so hopefully all that is behind us.

The more pinballs the better in my opinion and seeing as each company has a different idea about the best way to do things this will hopefully motivate each of them to put out the best product possible to prove their point. It also means that we will end up with some very different machines to choose from, exciting times!

Interesting that he says that his designers are also currently working with other pinball companies, that may be a hint as to their identities.

#717 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Interesting that he says that his designers are also currently working with other pinball companies, that may be a hint as to their identities.

Dennis Nordman seems to be getting around .

#718 10 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

the level of ignorance from that list is kinda sad. even if I moved back home to aus I'd not buy one. nothing like cutting ya nose to spite ya face.
guess we shouldnt tell him every cpu used by a pinball machine (except that funky gotlieb system 1 rockwell shite) has been used in a home computer (6502, 6809, 68000, arm, etc). shakes fist at those goddamn unreliable scary PC parts.

And DMD's are so much more reliable than lcd's. he's just clueless which we have all pointed out in this thread before. The fact he is harping on the idea of embedded is more reliable than "PC" is comical. Ill solder an intel proc and some memory to a motherboard and guess what? You have embedded.

For someone who's whole previous business was selling replacement boards for him to tout their robustness is contradictory to his revenue stream.

#719 10 years ago

Hope it turns out great, it would be another great pinball out there. Aussie's can be proud of it and Bumper won't be distributing. Win-Win.

#720 10 years ago

"is the game fun?"

#721 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Well, there is nothing on the website that I can see that says that any US ban is in force.

http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=964067&bbat=113006&inline

#723 10 years ago

I thought the not selling to u.s thing had to do with insurance or licencing fees being too high or something? Nothing to do with not liking u.s people

#724 10 years ago

He claims it's not a money problem yet complains that the reason is about PayPal chargebacks. Which is honestly a non-issue, he's the first guy I've ever seen to complain about such a thing.

#725 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

I thought the not selling to u.s thing had to do with insurance or licencing fees being too high or something? Nothing to do with not liking u.s people

Go back and read page 3 of this thread. He got mad and decided he wouldn't sell to USA. He brought up the money thing later - attempting to create a cover-story justifying what was clearly an over-reaction to some negative comments on the theme.

#726 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Thunderbirds is one word, would make it TAG

#727 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

True, but it's a compound word, and I think if you were to shorten "Thunderbirds" by itself you'd use "TB" versus "T", just like Transformers is shortened to "TF"... and Rollercoaster Tycoon is "RCT".

#728 10 years ago

Mike I know you don't want to reinvent pinball so you wont have to with not having pop bumpers. Most pops add little/nothing in terms of gameplay and just detract from flow. A child spawning from the loins of theatre of magic and the shadow would be brilliant.

Two flippers, no pops, basement scoop, inner loop or two, combo jizzfest, genuine skill shot, 2/3/4/5 multi balls.

Ruleset can't be simple if you want to sell to the home market. Doesn't need to be a tspp which is more long rather than deep but if we get a gilligans island 2.0 I'll be giving you a wag of the finger rather than a tip of the hat.

Theme alone has only ever made a poo game desirable once(to some). You will have to deliver more than ss gameplay with a dmd screen.

Everyone wishes you success in this even those that don't because in the end no one cares if your a top bloke or not, the game will speak for itself.

#729 10 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Go back and read page 3 of this thread. He got mad and decided he wouldn't sell to USA. He brought up the money thing later - attempting to create a cover-story justifying what was clearly an over-reaction to some negative comments on the theme.

#730 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

» YouTube video

I have never heard that song before. Wow.. That must be Archie Bunker's favorite tune.

#731 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

True, but it's a compound word, and I think if you were to shorten "Thunderbirds" by itself you'd use "TB" versus "T", just like Transformers is shortened to "TF"... and Rollercoaster Tycoon is "RCT".

I'd shorten Thunderbirds to TBIRDS. Like the Beach Boys song.

#732 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

now that just made me laugh out loud, girlfriends wondering what's going on, bwahahahaha...

He gets it.

Quoted from blue95:

He doesn't.

Quoted from Sunfox:

He doesn't either.

Quoted from blue95:

I'd shorten Thunderbirds to TBIRDS. Like the Beach Boys song.

Still doesn't.

Google this: urban dictionary teabag (warning: language)

I'm not proud that I know it, I've just played a LOT of Halo in my day.

#733 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have never heard that song before. Wow.. That must be Archie Bunker's favorite tune.

Kinky doesn't get a lot of radio play and I doubt Archie would even know who he was.

#734 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

He gets it.

He doesn't.

He doesn't either.

Still doesn't.

Perhaps everyone got it but chose to ignore it.

#735 10 years ago

It would be nice to see some pf shots, gameplay video etc before asking people to dig into the pockets.

#736 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

It would be nice to see some pf shots, gameplay video etc before asking people to dig into the pockets.

I sent him an e-mail and asked some questions and also asked for some further details and received a polite detailed and prompt reply. Here's the bit about the details.

"Under the terms of my licence agreement I am not permitted to release any information about art packages including playfield design (other than a broad generalisation). I am working on various parts being approved for public release but I can't make any assumptions about what might or might not be approved for release by the licensor."

#737 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

He gets it.

He doesn't.

He doesn't either.

Still doesn't.

I know what teabagging is, there was an uproar about it years ago in Australia when some Big Brother contestants teabagged (they called it turkeyslapping) a female contestant when she was asleep. Just don't really go for low brow, schoolboy humour these days.

#738 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I know what teabagging is, there was an uproar about it years ago in Australia when some Big Brother contestants teabagged (they called it turkeyslapping) a female contestant when she was asleep. Just don't really go for low brow, schoolboy humour these days.

Why not??

#739 10 years ago

Ok, I like the term "turkeyslapping" much better! Now in my vocabulary....

#740 10 years ago

I guess when the delays start to hit the joke will be "Thunderbirds are NOT go..."

#741 10 years ago

I go for low brow adult humour these days

#742 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I go for low brow adult humour these days

I used to work in Chicago,

In the old department store.

I used to work in Chicago,

I don't work there anymore.

#743 10 years ago

Tell me again how the last page of crap relates to homepins new machine? Can we get back on topic?

#744 10 years ago

It doesn't at all. Mike from Homepin was at Newcastle Pinfest on the weekend with some of his Hankin boards and Thunderbirds flyers. At least one guy I know handed over his cheque for a machine, he is a massive Thunderbirds fan so had a smile on his face all day.

There was an ESB there running Homepin boards about 30 minutes away from where it was manufactured all those years ago. DSC04810a.jpgDSC04810a.jpg

#745 10 years ago

This could put Australia back on the map.

#746 10 years ago

Im thinking seriously about ordering one .. I dont really go in for 'new' machines but this is going to be a ripper product.

Serious question mr homepin .. I realise it needs playfield toys but will there be something of a tribute to the old classics of pinball (centaur, firepower etc) or are you sticking more to the typical modern toybox formula?

#747 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Im thinking seriously about ordering one .. I dont really go in for 'new' machines but this is going to be a ripper product.
Serious question mr homepin .. I realise it needs playfield toys but will there be something of a tribute to the old classics of pinball (centaur, firepower etc) or are you sticking more to the typical modern toybox formula?

Check Mikes posts on Aussie Arcade and/or Aussie Pinball

Standard width cabinet
Single playfield level with ramps and subways
2 x flippers
3 x pop bumpers
LEDs

#748 10 years ago

Can't wait to see more I loved thunderbirds as a kid so I reckon I might get one just want some more info

#749 10 years ago

Standard width cabinet
Single playfield level with ramps and subways
2 x flippers
3 x pop bumpers
LEDs

Same formula as taxi . NICE

#750 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

just want some more info

What info were you after? Lets ask him why not

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.