Topic poll

“What do you think of the Thunderbirds theme?”

• Love it! 152 votes
    29%
  • Thunder-who? 234 votes
    44%
  • Doesn't matter as long as it plays well 140 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 526 votes by 511 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin_facebook (resized).png
8824be65f84920aa21dccb4e9acf47da8522de5f (resized).jpg
true class (resized).jpg
classy all the way (resized).jpg
Shell-Station (resized).png
51f9d738dba2b5b4e34c94a1b1c466da (resized).jpg
IMG_0544 (resized).JPG
slingassemble7 (resized).jpg
slingassemble8 (resized).jpg
optoboards2 (resized).jpg
optoboards (resized).jpg
optoboards4 (resized).jpg
optoboards3 (resized).jpg
3targets (resized).jpg
dtplastic (resized).jpg
pinfestmechs (resized).jpg
There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 37.
#551 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

The 1st Aussie pinball manufacturer.. yay
One T-BAG-LE please!!!

I believe Hankin was first

#552 10 years ago

This dude is a joke. You have to see his delusional anti-american/canadian ramblings on other forums. This game platform is going to be hilarious.

#553 10 years ago

But is there already some info about the game? Like a playfield or dmd videos? Toys maybe?

#554 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

This dude is a joke. You have to see his delusional anti-american/canadian ramblings on other forums. This game platform is going to be hilarious.

You really shouldn't lie. I have said NOTHING on other forums about Americans or Canadians and you know it.

Yes, my platform will be a joke - much like Sterns embedded system - is that also classed as a "joke" by you? Mine will be an embedded system much like every SS pinball machine ever made.

I would be pretty quiet about your marvelous system if I were you until it has time to prove itself.

#555 10 years ago

No? You didn't refer to us as narrow minded idiots? There are 300 other people in this thread that beg to differ.

Let me refresh your memory.

This was pasted verbatim to forums with added bonus. Should I screenshot those too

Now run along.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#556 10 years ago

Post the forum links please, and can you get that thread from AussiePinball? Can't see it without having an account. The entertainment continues.

#557 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You didn't refer to us as narrow minded idiots?

I didn't see it that way. He said too many. Now who could argue with that?

#558 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

LOL. And your right. Small mind not narrow.

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then perhaps blanket banning entire continents based on the (unverified) actions of a few isn't arguable either?

#560 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Then perhaps blanket banning entire continents based on the (unverified) actions of a few isn't arguable either?

A few bad apples...........

If it becomes a financial burden.

I can find at least a hundred threads about the dealings with narrow minded idiots on craigslist and E-bay, but it is easier to deal with them when you can get to them.

#561 10 years ago

To me excluding 99% of your potential customers just to whine over what the other 1% is doing is more of a financial burden and reputation nuke than anything.

#562 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Post the forum links please, and can you get that thread from AussiePinball? Can't see it without having an account. The entertainment continues.

Yes, please do so. I think we all would like to see what was said.

#563 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Small mind not narrow.

Ausie slang. Lol.

#564 10 years ago

#565 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

To me excluding 99% of your potential customers just to whine over what the other 1% is doing is more of a financial burden and reputation nuke than anything.

99% of Americans don't give a f@#k about pinball, so where does that leave us?

#566 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I assumed you were refering to this mornings carry on (on an Australian forum) where you were basically told to go away because nobody liked your posts and not to this old news that you trot back out that simply proves I am right - "too many" - I didn't say everyone.

You simply cannot work for JJP - I don't believe he would allow an employee to carry on like you are. I cannot believe your digs at my age or state of health - that really is pretty low and I'm sure many here would agree.

What is your beef with me?

To clarify @crash - the USA makes up about 5% of my customers (still does - I have many good customers there) not 99% and never was or will be.

How about you all turn your pitchforks to those that ripped me off with their PP chargebacks and to PP for allowing them.

Trackable shipping from Australia starts at around $40 and simply is not an option for parts under $100 value.

I help pinball enthusiasts keep their machines going - what exactly does Pinchroma do again???

#567 10 years ago

Lets start over-

Homepin announces Thunderbirds Pinball.

#568 10 years ago

Lets see,

The OS that runs a pinball platform (Linux)
If you have an android phone? My code is on it.
A cable box? My code is on it.
A smart tv? My code is on it.
A bank account? My code runs the server it's on.

How many devices run Linux? Maybe close to a 1/2 billion?

I can go on forever but I've made my point.

You came here a few months ago talking trash about PC based components but had no ability to back up your ramblings. When the primary game developer for woz ripped you apart as well you left because you realized you came to a battle of tech intelligence unarmed.

Your constant nonsensical wannabe tech rants on why PC based platforms suck are what keeps me replying to you and everyone else who has a shred of modern tech understanding laughing.

Like your assertion about replacing motherboards being a "nightmare". LOL.

#569 10 years ago

Well... Mike/Homepin has accused me of stirring the pot against him by sharing what he's publically written - such as that screenshot above.

#570 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

THUNDERBIRDS has a massive cult following right across Europe,Asia, Australia etc.. when Mike told me the theme I said that US customers just wont "get it"... seems I may have been right..BTW... who is "Team America"?... it obviously didn't travel well overseas.
The pin is going to be awesome.. some of the features ( yet to be released) will make this a unique machine.
VERY exciting news indeed!

You are correct- I don't get it.

#571 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I assumed you were refering to this mornings carry on (on an Australian forum) where you were basically told to go away because nobody liked your posts and not to this old news that you trot back out that simply proves I am right - "too many" - I didn't say everyone.
You simply cannot work for JJP - I don't believe he would allow an employee to carry on like you are. I cannot believe your digs at my age or state of health - that really is pretty low and I'm sure many here would agree.
What is your beef with me?
To clarify @crash - the USA makes up about 5% of my customers (still does - I have many good customers there) not 99% and never was or will be.
How about you all turn your pitchforks to those that ripped me off with their PP chargebacks and to PP for allowing them.
Trackable shipping from Australia starts at around $40 and simply is not an option for parts under $100 value.
I help pinball enthusiasts keep their machines going - what exactly does Pinchroma do again???

You basically tell a continent of people to piss off and you think we don't get it!!

#572 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I have almost decided that I will not make this machine available to the USA market. I may not even include an option for 110V.
The USA was never an intended market. There are 200 other countries..............
Have fun in the USA living in your sheltered world.
I'm busy now - taking the "post to the USA" option off my website for boards I make because I don't think I will sell them to anyone in the US anymore - ByeBye.
Yes, I am taking my bat and ball and going home (if any of you actually understand that).

And you ask what our "beef" is with you? You're serious?

You announced your theme, some admitted they were unfamiliar with it, others genuinely expressed interest, a few trashed the idea, and you threw a hissy-fit of epic proportions.

Don't know about the rest of pinside, but that's pretty much my "beef" with you, which is a shame because I would have been one of those sheltered USA folks who would have bought one of your machines, for my wife. Because, admittedly, I still don't get Thunderbirds.

But I respect those folks who happen to enjoy it and don't expect every pin to have a theme personally approved by me.

#573 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

You basically tell a continent of people to piss off and you think we don't get it!!

It works when we do it. Economic sanctions and such.................

#574 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I still don't get Thunderbirds.

Well, we can try again!

#575 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

And you ask what our "beef" is with you? You're serious?
You announced your theme, some admitted they were unfamiliar with it, others genuinely expressed interest, a few trashed the idea, and you threw a hissy-fit of epic proportions.
Don't know about the rest of pinside, but that's pretty much my "beef" with you, which is a shame because I would have been one of those sheltered USA folks who would have bought one of your machines, for my wife. Because, admittedly, I still don't get Thunderbirds.
But I respect those folks who happen to enjoy it and don't expect every pin to have a theme personally approved by me.

I did not announce my theme here and never had any intention of doing so. I knew well before seeking the licence that it would not fly in the USA. Someone else chose to post about it and start this thread.

If you take offence because I was ripped off by your country men then you have your pitchfork pointed the wrong way - direct your fury at the ones damaging this hobby.

I take serious offence to be labled a cripple that needs a walking frame by Pinchroma - he takes the prize for being a total jerk and proves without any doubt that my assertions about "too many idiots" to be 100% correct.

This forum has become a serious joke and is worse than RGP could ever be.

Run along and build some machines Pinchroma (whoever you actually are - nobody seems to know) and get them delivered to your customers - prove me wrong, I know nothing, Stern knows nothing we are all fools because we don't love your chosen OS.

I am certain Pinchromas "job" is simply to discredit me and anyone else who isn't in awe of the wonderful creation called WOZ.

#576 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Someone else chose to post about it and start this thread.

And the few of us that really appreciated what this theme had to offer wanted to share it's greatness with everybody else. But as I have experienced in my life, if it was never spoonfed to them along the way, they will deny it or hate it. This is MY definition of narrow minded. Most pinheads are pretty open minded though, so whats the harm?

#577 10 years ago

Just make a Rocky Horror Picture Show pin.

Let's do the Time Warp agaaaaaainnnn.....

#578 10 years ago

America, fuck yea!

Thunderbirds , fuck no!!

Any new pinball is better than no new pinball but this is pushing it IMO. Just my initial thought, not rooting for them to fail or anything like that.

#579 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

WHOA! Now you're attacking RGP!? Man, you're really digging that grave deep!

#580 10 years ago

The Rock approves this thread.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gifapplause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif

#581 10 years ago

Mike, you are wasting your time

#582 10 years ago

Just make a Rocky Horror Picture Show pin.
Let's do the Time Warp agaaaaaainnnn.....

bbc040-minge-novelty-mugs.jpegbbc040-minge-novelty-mugs.jpeg

Didnt that movie have necrophelia in it?

#583 10 years ago

Mike goes the raw prawn at everyone so I wouldn't take anything he posts seriously. I just hope that the designer he employs(when will this be announced?) is allowed to work according to a agreed upon budget/design and isn't micro managed.

Mike you announce that you are building a pinball on aa/fb and you didn't expect a post(s) to be started here and every other pinball forum on the world? Come on son you should know better then that. Having a tanty at anyone and everyone that doesn't get it is just plain silly and like wrestling with a pig you'll be left with mud on your person.

Stop jumping at shadows and having unnecessary inter web feuds and get this people's republic of china pinball made. As far as being called a cripple, harden up old fruit.

#584 10 years ago
Quoted from jhagen:

You are correct- I don't get it.

listen to the Thunderbirds theme

....you will be an instant convert

#585 10 years ago

I'm making pancakes and I wont be selling them to anyone.

#586 10 years ago

Pancakes now that would be a pinball that would sell when you are Hungry..

#587 10 years ago

Mike you should just stop posting here. With every new comment you make, you sound more and more insane/ignorant and angry at life.

#588 10 years ago

And can we finally close this thread??

#590 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Why??

#591 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Mike you should just stop posting here. With every new comment you make, you sound more and more insane/ignorant and angry at life.

#592 10 years ago

Home pin is a strident old goat and realises/will realise that he he will have to reap what he sows. I and no doubt others would like to follow the running commentary on the game as it comes to fruition without the sycophants moderating/locking threads that aren't complimentary to the PRC pinball factory.

Crash don't tell me you are concerned how mike is perceived in the pin side community?

#593 10 years ago

It serves a purpose to keep this thread alive as a warning of what you are dealing with if you support this business.

I admit its just getting weird though.

#594 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

You really shouldn't lie. I have said NOTHING on other forums about Americans or Canadians and you know it.
Yes, my platform will be a joke - much like Sterns embedded system - is that also classed as a "joke" by you? Mine will be an embedded system much like every SS pinball machine ever made.
I would be pretty quiet about your marvelous system if I were you until it has time to prove itself.

#595 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Leave then...bye....

1333652502_elephant_waves_goodbye.gif1333652502_elephant_waves_goodbye.gif Bye.gifBye.gif

#596 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Why?

I just said what 1000 other pinsiders are thinking.

#597 10 years ago

I can't believe I missed this thread. It's like I showed up to the prom after it was over.

#598 10 years ago

Before their was Star Trek I was a big Fireball XL-5 fan

Even Craig Ferguson likes Fireball XL-5

#599 10 years ago

I've just come across this thread, I can't believe I haven't seen it before.

Ignoring the tit for tat school room tantrums I've learned are part of this pinball forum (there seems to be nothing people like better than to stoke fuel on a fire), I am really excited to see the chance of another Pin being made.

Thunderbirds was huge in most places in the World, but never really popular in the U.S. But, as has been said by others, even if you don't get the theme, it doesn't preclude the fact that it could be a first class pin. I really hope it is.

I must admit, I was a fan of the show when I was growing up, and without it, all the special effects for movies like the original Bond series etc wouldn't have existed as they came up with the miniaturisation of things for explosions and the like.

I'm really looking forward to this, and hope that this post can end up as ongoing update on how the pin progresses rather than (as I saw the WOZ forum go) a continuing he said I said, my dads bigger than your dad and I'll get you in the playground at lunchtime insult match.

#600 10 years ago

Above all I want to know who will be designing this and how much autonomy they will have? Hoping for eddy or lawlor. Praying it won't be the self proclaimed king of flow.

There are 1,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.