Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Doozie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WP_20140430_003.jpg
WP_20140430_001.jpg

#1 5 years ago

WP_20140430_003.jpgI must have a thing for Segas. I'm now the proud owner of a Twister. Plans are to clean it up (it's very dirty), LED it, and play the living snot out of it. It needs a new lock down bar as someone thought it would be a good idea to paint it with regular spray paint, new rubbers, new post sleeves, and a new shooter rod (nothing wrong with the current, just personal choice). There is also some piss poor touch up in the button area on the cab so some cab protectors are in order.

So far, I've painted the legs, cleaned (not waxed yet) the playfield, and vacuumed the interior out. What do you guys think of the leg color and should I continue it on the lock down bar and rails or should I stop where I'm out since the color is so different? The legs were going to get replaced anyway so I thought I'd try something with some color to it as most of the machine is black. Problem I had was, the yellow, blue, and orange on the cabinet aren't really yellow, blue and orange but rather a pastel yellow, peach, and teal. I chose teal because I actually found a perfect match in a rattle can of Rustoleum Painter's Touch (satin).

So should I continue, or is the legs enough? WP_20140430_001.jpg

#2 5 years ago

I wouldn't do the side rails. I'm 50/50 on the lockdown bar. Do you have a pic with the black lockdown bar on. The legs look blue in the pic not teal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venedocia, OH
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 72.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 6.95
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 149.00
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside