(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#772 6 years ago

I just received my Pinstadium light for my Star Trek Next Generation machine - they are a little compact on the right side due to the wireform ramp but they just fit. It makes the machine totally pop - it like having a new game. I thought at first that the Pinstadium light were a little high priced but now I get it, the mounting is flexible and easy to use, the app interface, the changing colors the ease of install it is all there. I will take some pictures of the machine when I get a chance and post them to the forum.

One tip - if you have a color DMD and need to hook up the WPC power connector you have to use the connector on the color DMD board since J116/118 will not work, it was easy to figure out when you followed the cable. Something the guys at Pinstadium should mention as an addendum to their install guide for people with a color DMD on STTNG (WPC games).

#801 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

wamonkey
Our kits work with ColorDMD as the Pin Stadium lighting system was designed with them installed on all of my machines when they were created. I have their amazing product on my machines too.
In fact ColorDMD is a customer of ours and vice versa. You can choose to either plug into their adapter, use ours, or the alternate spot on the board. Many options on this one and easy plug and play. I hope that helps to clarify.

It was easy to figure out - I just posted my experience for others who may not think to look to where the J116 goes to - to make it work - J118 on STTNG did not work for me, it was a simple change of direction.

The product is excellent.

Just have to talk to you guys if it will work on a BOP 2.0 now?

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Great I am glad you got it going. Yes we put one on a BOP 2.0 at the Kallamazoo show. It made that great game even better! Plus it was right next to a BOP at the show and wow what a difference.

You just had to say that - now I have to buy another.... they are amazing and I am sure on a fully restored BOP 2.0 it would be amazing. I have it all LED'ed, a new playfield, the alternate translight, alternate side art - this would make that all pop.

and - money - my hobby is killing me I think.

1 month later
#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Every one of my games with the exception of two have color DMD and I have not had any problems. The problems that you have heard of have been weak boards that weren’t delivering the proper power and when they added color DMD and Pin Stadium it exposed the weakness. They have since resolved the issue by repairing the board or they used an external 12 V adapter. I think you should be fine.

I added it to STTNG and with color DMD the issues popped up right away. Pinstadium was responsive answered emails etc. But, he is right weak bridge rectifiers show through even a rottendog board swap for me did not help I ended up doing a external power supply and now it work perfect.

There is the wire form on the right side that Pinstadium kisses on install so you see some reflection off that but it is still awesome.

Big shout out for the Pinstadium guys they answer email inquires super fast and support their product.

I love it on STTNG I should upload pictures but i am traveling now but it is worth it.

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I emailed a request to a couple customers who have them on the STTNG asking them to post up pics and I am sure when wamonkey returns he will be more than happy to post them up also.

Yes, I promise I will post pics or a video. Someone has to suffer in a resort in Mexico sitting by the pool and having drinks all day first.

I will take a pic of the additional power supply.

STTNG looks awesome with Pinstadium so happy to show it off. My game is a home use only so it looks great.

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Glad that you got that hooked up in there and looking forward to the pics and vids of it. As far as the fuse blowing, replacing that fuse with a slightly higher amperage instead of a 3A you could try a 3.5a SB if you need extra power that should be safe or we could just do a 12 adapter plug for your service port and that would work fine and you could move ColorDMD or the Pin Stadium to that. I am curious if wamonkey has a ColorDMD also.

I do have a color DMD and upgraded speakers etc so it did max out the 12 volt so even after swapping to a new rottendog board it still blew the fuse and I noticed the cannon got slow. Once I made my power supply and took off the pinstadium lights everything went back to normal.

Before I had pinstadium I never noticed the slower cannons and somewhat weak flippers but with the new rottendog board and pinstadium on the service outlet the game plays like new. I plan on fixing my old board - as other firms write weak bridge rectifiers are the culprit.

I just think STTNG is just a game with so much going on it’s always going to need an external power supply- it will for sure with a color dmd and pinstadium.

#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think as long as you have a solid 12V (I rebuilt mine a while ago), no other mods besides ColorDMD and don't crank the brightness up above ~40% you'll be alright. Or at least that's worked on mine so far and last night I moved the flasher trigger to one in the Borg ship which keeps it on a LONG time during Borg MB and that didn't blow the fuse of make the cannons or flippers weak. I thought it would turn off after the initial start of MB but I was wrong and I think it stays on too long this way so I'll be moving it back to another flasher. I caught some video of it and once I edit it for time I'll upload it and post it here.

I am sure I could have made it work but lower the light level to me defeats the purpose of pinstadium lights.

The extra power supply is easy enough to do.

2 months later
#1596 6 years ago

I think the RFM kit should be shorter than the regular kit so you can maintain the reflective glass part of the game - way too bright....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.