(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,226 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider valis666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6545 3 years ago

What's the difference between Neo Pinstadiums and Omegas? Also, do game-specific instructions and parts come with the Pinstadiums?

If anyone here has added Pinstadiums to any of these games and has an opinion, from my collection I'm definitely thinking of doing Alice Cooper, Wizard of Oz, Willy Wonka, Iron Maiden, and then from there I'm not sure. Might do four more, remaining candidates are Rick & Morty, Munsters, Deadpool, JJPotC, Dialed In, The Big Lebowski, Hot Wheels, Oktoberfest, Houdini, Full Throttle, Jurassic Park.

No on The Hobbit, Beatles, Simpsons, and Batman; already very bright games. Avengers IQ already has Omegas. Don't want them on older games and GB, GI, and MB are getting traded or sold sometime soon.

#6547 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The difference between them:
The Omegas are white light only and the Neo Pin Stadium have boosted RGB and white. Both have the UV+Glow on them. The colors option built into the Neos is what is going to give you a lot of flexibility with mixing the colors with white lighting in order to give your playfield a huge extra pop!!

Thanks Scott. Just to be sure here before I buy: The Neo Pinstadium will do green, red, and other non-white/UV colors, and will autosync those colors from the GI or flasher it's tied into? You mention color mixing, but I just want them to automatically copy the GI colors on games that already have RGB GI.

1 week later
#6586 3 years ago

I have a bunch of Omegas to install. What do I use for instructions, regular Pinstadiums here? https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions-pin-stadiums/

#6590 3 years ago

One down, many to go. Really quite easy to install, my only problem is I can't get the app to work. It found the lights I installed on Wonka, but the app won't do anything. Brightness, color temp, on/off, nothing. It says it's globally connected but not locally. Do the Pinstadiums really need a good connection to the router? Because this is down in my basement where I ran an ethernet cable because the wifi is awful down there. It's weird that the app managed to find the Pinstadiums, yet I can't control/connect to them.

Also gonna ask in the Wonka thread, but if anyone has an alternate location for the flasher connection on Wonka other than the shaker motor, I'd like to hear it. The shaker isn't used enough, so most games I'm getting just a blink here and there of UV.

#6592 3 years ago

And Scott gets my number off the order and texts me shortly after and we walk through my problem on the phone at 2:30am. That's some killer support! Thanks again.

For anyone who might be having similar troubles, my Android phone was giving me all of 5-10 seconds to choose the Pinstadium connection in the wifi settings, go back to the Pinstadium app and connect back to my regular network before dropping the Pinstadium connection and putting me back on one of the home wifi networks. It also kept putting me on the 5G home network, so tell your phone to forget that connection if it keeps trying to put you there.

2 weeks later
#6622 3 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Installing standard Pinstadiums on Jurassic Park Pro. Any suggestions for the UV flasher connection? I have it connected to the flasher under the T. rex ramp and I don’t care for it. The UV looked great on Monster Bash but on liking it so much on JP

I was going to connect my UV line to the copter flasher. May turn out to be a little excessive, though. Is there a copter on the pro? I don't remember.

3 weeks later
#6665 3 years ago

Hey Scott, is there any other method to reset Pinstadiums that aren't resetting with the "unplug/replug 5 times" method? I got a used Star Wars this week with Pinstadiums already on them, there's no GI coming through the Pinstadiums even though it's hooked up properly underneath, just the UV Glow/Flasher works. Which I assume was the previous owner's setting (0% GI), and I want to change that but several attempts at the unplug/replug method isn't making them show up in the app.

I also hooked up Omegas to my Jurassic Park and Deadpool tonight. The Wolverine flasher insert is a brilliant choice for UV for Deadpool. On JP I used the flasher below the copter, which is a bit excessive, but I don't mind.

1 week later
#6679 3 years ago

Installed Omegas on Rick & Morty and Hot Wheels tonight. R&M was tricky, the wiretaps just wouldn't make good connections into the shaker motor connectors so I decided to use the alligator clips instead and that worked well. Here's a photo to help future R&M installers.

IMG_20210116_185930 (resized).jpgIMG_20210116_185930 (resized).jpg

And R&M at 30% white, which is what I've settled on for now:

IMG_20210116_191029 (resized).jpgIMG_20210116_191029 (resized).jpg

Here's Hot Wheels:

IMG_20210116_205044 (resized).jpgIMG_20210116_205044 (resized).jpg

I have an odd issue, though. If I set the white under about 80% it flickers, and the lower I set the white in the app, the more noticeable is the flicker to the point where it almost looks like a strobe light. So I have to have these at 80% for now, which is rather bright. Not sure if a simple on/off will fix things, or it's because the recommended GI tie in is in the backboard LEDs, and maybe their power pulses really quickly rather than a steady on? Or maybe my connection is a little loose, or who knows. Might be nothing, just bringing this up if Scott has heard of this strange "dimmer = more flicker" effect before.

1 month later
#6752 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

As a reminder to those of you installing the Pin Stadium pinball mods on Spooky pinball machines:

Since they do not have a service outlet to plug the power from the Pin Stadiums in to like other pinball machines, you will simply just run it from the wall up through the screen in the bottom of the cabinet.

Just for clarity, Rick & Morty has a service outlet, which is what I plugged my PS Omegas into. But ACNC and before, yep.

9 months later
#7190 2 years ago

Hey Scott, got my order in, thanks. I was saving this question for the forum since it could be useful public knowledge. Most of my existing Pinstadiums are Omegas (white/UV), but since you don't sell those anymore, I got regular Pinstadiums this time. Some of my pins that have Omega would be better off with the color models, and vice versa. Can I just swap the light strips + control unit between pins and keep the hookups and power supply in place? I assume I can do that, but wanted to make sure.

2 months later
#7301 2 years ago

Did up my PotC with Pinstadiums and Lior/Art of Pinball replacement plastics tonight. Snazzy! (this is not the default color, I just took the photo in attract mode when all the inserts and RGB GI were blue)

potc pinstadiums lior.jpgpotc pinstadiums lior.jpg

Also removed the distracting pair of spotlights from the left inlanes, but had to leave the post in for now because I couldn't find a nut to take its place. On any other day I could find ten nuts of that size, but today in a pinch when I needed one, nahhh.

1 month later
#7344 2 years ago

Trading a game and the fella doesn't want the Pinstadiums that are on it. Any techniques for taking the magnet strips off the side walls? I figure just going slowly with a clean paint scraper will be fine, but in case they're not coming off smoothly -- hair dryer? Freeze spray? I do want to re-use the strips/lights on another machine.

#7346 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I myself just pull them off slowly but I tell customers to warm them up a little bit with a hair dryer to release the adhesion.

Thanks Scott.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 218.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider valis666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=valis666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.