(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purbeast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7592 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Chicago Gaming Cactus Canyon and Stern Godzilla with Neo Atoms installed. Any pinball machine will get these kinds of results. Easy 10-15 minute Plug & Play install that anyone can do.
Even better you can adjust that colors and brightness to any level you want using the Pin Stadium app on IOS or Android. Auto syncs with factory light show.
Here is the link to check them out:
https://pinstadium.com/product-category/pinball_mods/[quoted image][quoted image]

Just curious as to why you have these intentionally misleading pictures? I mean I guess I understand the "why" but it's not cool IMO and shady practice.

I play in a blacked out basement with my lights off, and I can tell you (and anyone who owns GZ can also tell you) that my GZ looks absolutely NOTHING like that when I am playing in a pitch black basement.

Here is what it actually looks like in a pitch black basement.

gz1 (resized).jpeggz1 (resized).jpeggz2 (resized).jpeggz2 (resized).jpeg
#7596 1 year ago

I'm not discrediting his product. Please show me where I said his product was bad. I simply asked about his misleading photos.

Even after his explanation, it still doesn't address the issue of the misleading photos. It's just more sales talk trying to talk up his product.

I also understand what is involved in installing spotlights, as those pictures I posted are mine and I installed them. I was debating posting the "after" shots, but I've also now attached the "before" photos without any spotlights installed, nor trough light nor starpost lights (which were installed for atmosphere more so than actual light). And again, it still looks nothing like your before pictures. It's just GZ in attract mode and right after it starts.

IMG_8409 (resized).JPGIMG_8409 (resized).JPGIMG_8410 (resized).JPGIMG_8410 (resized).JPG

I honestly don't even think the photos I posted do it justice - it looks "brighter" in person, not darker.

Again, I'm not saying ANYTHING at all about your product. I'm sure it is awesome and looks great. I'm asking about the misleading photos for your "before" installation pictures, because the games don't look anything like that from the factory. And because of your misleading before photos, it makes me wonder how "true/real" your after photos are.

I can tell you before I got my very first pin last year, Jurassic Park, I came across your lighting solution and thought it looked awesome. And then I saw your before/after pics of the pin stadium lights, again, before ever owning the machine while still trying to find one and it was super intriguing because I knew I was going to play in a fully dark room. I purchased quite a few mods before ever owning the machine and was on the fence about buying them but I held off due to price and wanted to see how it looked stock first.

Then I got my pin and played in a super dark room and was like wait a minute, it looks NOTHING those pictures. If that is the case, then the after photos are also probably staged and not true. I've never seen them in person though and can't comment on them due to that, but me personally, there is just no way I'd ever purchase them without seeing them in person first because I simply don't trust the pictures on the website, and as you even mentioned, lighting is very hard to come across over pictures.

So yeah, once again, I'm not knocking your product at all, just letting you know that the non realistic before pics are a bit shady of a practice IMO and very misleading. Sure maybe I'm the only one who thinks so but maybe not.

1 week later
#7620 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Everyone seems to get bent out of shape about the before / after photos. It's extremely hard to get pics to show exactly what it looks like to the naked eye. Here is a pic of my before /after. You can definitely see the dark areas in the middle that do not look as dark to the eye. The difference is night and day when you try these out though. I am extremely happy with my pinstadiums.
Everyone knows what a pin looks like before. The pics show the difference. Do you guys also get mad when the pictures on your box of cereal do not look the same as what comes out of the box?
[quoted image]

No one is getting bent out of shape. I was just calling him out and asking him why the shady practice of showing clearly doctored/staged photos to look very specific ways. It just leads to an immediate mistrust of the company. He keeps dodging the question/topic about it too and keeps posting the clearly doctored/staged photos after it was brought up.

I would much prefer true photos like the ones you posted. Anyone now a days knows that getting lighting in pics is hard to do properly but the ones you post clearly are "real". And most people now a days also can tell that the pics he is posting are not "real". There is clearly a difference in your before/after pics and you get a much better idea of how the lights actually work with your pics versus the clearly photoshopped before/after pics where the color saturation in the after pics is obviously brought up higher. It's like that in every single pic, including the one a few posts above that shows multiple pins in the lineup. And the over saturation of color looks awful in every one of those pics.

Posting pics like yours as the real comparison photos for the company would show some sort of trust with the company. But to be lied to immediately as soon as you go to the website, yeah that is an immediate turn off. It's basically the company telling the potential customer that they think we are stupid. Yeah no thanks.

And again, I'm not saying ANYTHING about the actual product as I've never seen it in person.

#7623 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think the biggest issue with the photos is that some people want to see them one way and Scott wants to present them another way. To me, he presents them in the dark with showing just the actual factory game lights on the playfield (before) and what they illuminate and then shows contrast of that with his product on in the dark (after). The difference is extreme.
Without this explanation, What people (including me) first expect to see in a before or after comparison is what the pin looks like with all the room ambient light compared to the same pinball machine with the pin stadiums. And you've seen some examples of that posted recently... It's not a shady practice or an attempted deception.
What needs to be adjusted is your expectation of what's being presented here and how the comparison is being done. Comparing photos of factory lights only to the same setup but with adding pin stadiums is what Scott's pictures are doing.

The problem is, his "before" pics are not even close to being indicative of what the game looks like with factory game lights in the dark. I know because I own JP and GZ and play both of them in a blacked out basement with no other lights on, and my game looks absolutely NOTHING like the before pics. I posted a pic of my GZ (before I added my spot lights) in this thread. You can see it looks nothing like his pic.

Here is what his pic looks like:

bs (resized).jpegbs (resized).jpeg

And here is what it ACTUALLY looks like, which is very similar to the "before" pic the other guy posted above. Again, this is taken in blacked out basement.

real (resized).jpegreal (resized).jpegreal2 (resized).jpegreal2 (resized).jpeg

It's clearly intentional and misleading.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 24.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purbeast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=purbeast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.